• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Metro Redux 1080p60 on PS4, 900p60 on XB1, graphics/gameplay updated

It's not really beneficial for them, in any way. If they can't get the XB1 version up to par, than the media runs with it, and talks down the XB1 version. That can cost sales, since gamers w/only the XB1 won't want to buy a technically inferior version...even if it is they're only option.

Its not their problem not getting this on par with PS4 because its Microsoft who provided weak hardware compare to PS4. These resolutions may cost some sales but they need to provide answers when fans ask what are the changes in this update without deceiving.

Leb

Are the current PC versions going to be patched?

I already own both

Not patched, but you can buy the new versions for 50% off, so $12 a piece. A pretty good deal for 2033, given the enhancements.

They probably should have done like 75% off for the M:LL one, though, since it's going to be mostly identical.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I wish they would talk more about how the gameplay has improved in Metro 2033. I don't care too much about the graphics since they were already great.

I want to know if the stealth has been majorly improved or not.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I wish they would talk more about how the gameplay has improved in Metro 2033. I don't care too much about the graphics since they were already great.

I want to know if the stealth has been majorly improved or not.

i want to know this too i have not played the games however i have watched footage and when the character is being stealthy the AI is way to forgiving and stupid

Deadbeat

Banned
i want to know this too i have not played the games however i have watched footage and when the character is being stealthy the AI is way to forgiving and stupid
In metro 2033 once you were spotted everyone knew where you were up to the next checkpoint.

TheStruggler

In metro 2033 once you were spotted everyone knew where you were up to the next checkpoint.

dang what about ranger hardcore i watched some videos of that mode by gohper on youtube and there were times where yes he was spotted however it seemed the enemies still had a "last known position", because when he got spotted he was still able to move around without enemies knowing where he actually was and even stealth past a few of them.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
dang what about ranger hardcore i watched some videos of that mode by gohper on youtube and there were times where yes he was spotted however it seemed the enemies still had a "last known position", because when he got spotted he was still able to move around without enemies knowing where he actually was and even stealth past a few of them.

Yeah, but they won't reset to their default patrols. In 2033 they won't stop looking for you.

TheStruggler

Yeah, but they won't reset to their default patrols. In 2033 they won't stop looking for you.

wouldn't that be considered good AI then? They noticed a intruder that is not part of their outfit and they wont stop looking for you until they kill you (if i am correct this is after a nuclear apocalypse, so resources are scarce, everything and anything should/could be gathered), I get its frustrating but I would think that would be the best part of the game. Make sure you dont get seen and if you do prepare for a battle. I dislike AI that forgets an intruder is around and stop looking after like 30s-1min.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
wouldn't that be considered good AI then? They noticed a intruder that is not part of their outfit and they wont stop looking for you until they kill you (if i am correct this is after a nuclear apocalypse, so resources are scarce, everything and anything should/could be gathered), I get its frustrating but I would think that would be the best part of the game. Make sure you dont get seen and if you do prepare for a battle. I dislike AI that forgets an intruder is around and stop looking after like 30s-1min.

I think it's great. It means if you're trying to be stealthy, you really can't afford to get spotted, which puts additional pressure on you to be careful.

Top Bottom