• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

It's been ages since I've listened to Dangerous Woman so I decided to stream through the album tonight and wow, I forgot what an anthem that title track was.

Decarabia

s7ixZXJl.png

Bop of the Week is back! In spite of recent tragic events, it's still important to unite and enjoy some bops! Vote here

Lo-Volt

No more, I'm over you
There's nothing you can do, ohhh!
(Castles, on, the, sand!)

Don't sleep on this futuristic, hazy deep cut from BOSCO, like everyone else seemed to on YouTube: "Castles".

BOSCO-FEATURED-2-566x377.jpg

The Flop

Banned
Who would have thought that Camila would get more radio adds than Katy Perry.

Radio is here for her. Also 5H's new single out next Friday. I'm ready for it. I wonder if they will come for Camila on it, or just give us an Urban BOP. Also Lauren and Halsey's love song is out that day too.

Truly a time to love pop music.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Who would have thought that Camila would get more radio adds than Katy Perry.

Radio is here for her. Also 5H's new single out next Friday. I'm ready for it. I wonder if they will come for Camila on it, or just give us an Urban BOP. Also Lauren and Halsey's love song is out that day too.

Truly a time to love pop music.

Isn't her song selling less than Katy flop ass singles? Radio payola doesn't really mean much if you are not selling.

Well let's check some receipts:

Currently, Swish Swish is #21 on iTunes while Crying in the Bathroom is currently at #34. In terms of streaming, both Crying in the Bathroom and Swish Swish are nowhere to be seen in the United States Top 50 charts for Godify. However, in the top 50 global charts Crying in the Bathroom is at #47... and Katy's dusty single Bon Appetitty is at #45.

So... I guess Cumila's radio payola is not really working for her, huh?
oC8P7ZN.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well let's check some receipts:

Currently, Swish Swish is #21 on iTunes while Crying in the Bathroom is currently at #34. In terms of streaming, both Crying in the Bathroom and Swish Swish are nowhere to be seen in the United States Top 50 charts. However, in the top 50 global charts Crying in the Bathroom is at #47... and Katy's dusty single Bon Appetitty is at #45.

So... I guess Cumila's radio payola is not really working for her, huh?
oC8P7ZN.gif
Swish, swish, bish
Another one in the basket
Can't touch this
Another one in the casket
giphy.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Katy's 3/3 so far this era in terms of quality singles.

It's really happening, isn't it? WITNESS will be her best album yet. Yes, even better than Teenage Dream.

g2YBkV0.png

MANUELF

Banned
Katy's 3/3 so far this era in terms of quality singles.

It's really happening, isn't it? WITNESS will be her best album yet. Yes, even better than Teenage Dream.

g2YBkV0.png
I cant believe you guys think trash like Bob Apetity and Perra Perra Fu are Quality

I can kinda see it for her flop lead

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Coz it's better than all her albums

Hm... not sure about that though I did listen to Mary Jane Holland and Artpop (the track) a few days ago. Willingly.
I got my life ngl

Also, I caught up on Katy's embarrassing SNL performances that didn't do the songs justice.

Can someone explain the bizarre dead-eyed youth?
WTF

giphy.gif

enigmatic_alex44

That new Liam Payne song is really awful, I want my 3 minutes and 24 seconds back. Are we gonna get one of these from every member of that tragic band?

Zayn won.

RAnGApP.gif

DOWN

Banned
Why does Miley sing in that husky low octave for Malibu tho? Her voice sounds strong and beautiful when she jumps to higher notes

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Why does Miley sing in that husky low octave for Malibu tho? Her voice sounds strong and beautiful when she jumps to higher notes

I like her upper range, but I appreciate her lower stuff, too, like in this performance. That said, "Malibu" is not my favorite example of her vocals.

Can we all agree that Britney Jean is way better than One of The Boys by Perra and almost as good as Teenage Dream?

Britney Jean??? I feel like that was one of the worst pop albums I ever forced myself to get through. Even Britney couldn't show up to record all of it.

MANUELF

Banned
Britney Jean??? I feel like that was one of the worst pop albums I ever forced myself to get through. Even Britney couldn't show up to record all of it.
Im Just saying that you guys love to show Metacritic when it helps your fave but it can mean more like What I Say that is respalded by it

So take me back in time
To another world

When you can be mine
We don't have to worry

When you're by my side
There's nothin' I don't know

There's nothin' to decide
Apart from where we want to go

tumblr_o3hltqjo4f1qes8cgo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom