• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Um I don't care for most of the Little Mix singles but I'm feeling this one

Just a touch of your love is enough to take control of my whole body

Touch is a SMASH! One of the two songs of theirs I like.

The video on the other hand...

giphy.gif

JipcXVV.gif

Ughh celine was so good. Way better than I expected and boy does the woman have energy. She is an entertainer and a flawless belter, seemed like she didnt really lip sync at all after all!

There is a reason no female acts today bar adele are as successful...they just dont have the combination or charisma, vocals and entertainment.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Ughh celine was so good. Way better than I expected and boy does the woman have energy. She is an entertainer and a flawless belter, seemed like she didnt really lip sync at all after all!

There is a reason no female acts today bar adele are as successful...they just dont have the combination or charisma, vocals and entertainment.
Maybe no female acts are as successful because the general public rejected anyone who appears female? 🤔

Majmun

2nd weeks:
25 - 1,164,000
Lemonade - 321,000
Anti - 96,000
Joanne - 61,000
Dangerous Woman - 50,000
Revival - 46,000
Thank You - 39,000
Piece by Piece - 33,000
Unbreakable (Janet Jackson) - 30,000
Confident - 25,000
This Is What the Truth Feels Like - 23,000

Witness: 21-24,000 (with ticket bundling continued)

s79SkkJ.gif

Roulette's first minute kinda slays tho

2nd weeks:
25 - 1,164,000
Lemonade - 321,000
Anti - 96,000
Joanne - 61,000
Dangerous Woman - 50,000
Revival - 46,000
Thank You - 39,000
Piece by Piece - 33,000
Unbreakable (Janet Jackson) - 30,000
Confident - 25,000
This Is What the Truth Feels Like - 23,000

Witness: 21-24,000 (with ticket bundling continued)

oEmP2.gif

tumblr_oq5hy41NYi1svi3flo1_540.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
25, Lemonade, ANTi?

I see Gaga is not talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it anymore. Werk

Meowster

I see Gaga is not talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it anymore. Werk
Joanne is a strong and solid effort but it isn't as good as those three.

oEmP2.gif

Driver roll up the partition fast
Over there I swear I saw them cameras flash
Hand prints and footprints on my glass
Hand prints and good grips all on my ass

tumblr_nki4c0bAsq1u9uktlo1_250.gif

Private show with the music blasting
He like to call me Peaches when we get this nasty
Red wine drip, we'll talk that trash
Chauffeur eavesdropping trying not to crash

Oh there daddy, daddy now you ripped my fur
Oh baby baby be sweating out my hair
Took 45 minutes to get all dressed up
We ain't even gonna make it to this club
tumblr_nki4c0bAsq1u9uktlo1_250.gif

rhandino

Banned
Yeah, Katheryn crashed and burned really hard this era but my stan card is still intact thanks to Chained to the Rhythm, God Appetit and Witness.

a5jTOjp.gif

WaffleTaco

Tell that to 3.5 million albums in the first week, breaking the record for most sold in a week, as well being certified diamond and a whole bunch of other acolades. I'm not even an Adele stan, but she has sold a ton of albums, and the only other artist to even come close this decade is Taylor Swift.

Tell that to 3.5 million albums in the first week, breaking the record for most sold in a week, as well being certified diamond and a whole bunch of other acolades. I'm not even an Adele stan, but she has sold a ton of albums, and the only other artist to even come close this decade is Taylor Swift.

Isn't it funny to sell so many of something NOONE talks about?

Meowster

This being her Artpop. What should we expect of her Joanne era?
You're forgetting her Cheek to Cheek era.

Also 25 sucks and was a huge disappointment personally from Adele. Most of the album is filler after the incredible Hello. I wish 19 got all of that success - weird how she started out so wonderful but kept getting worse with every album.

WaffleTaco

You're forgetting her Cheek to Cheek era.

Also 25 sucks and was a huge disappointment personally from Adele. Most of the album is filler after the incredible Hello. I wish 19 got all of that success - weird how she started out so wonderful but kept getting worse with every album.
Pretty much how I feel. Although replace 19 with 21 for me.

I mean, if you weighed the insane expectations against 19 the same way we do with 21 and 25 I'm not sure it would hold up. 19 was a refreshing folk album but most of the tracks felt middling to me.

WaffleTaco

Mau ®;241476012 said:
Who likes Imagine Dragons in 2017?
Their believer song is really popular, some billboard people were even saying it could be a song of the summer (despite it releasing in February). Also their second album was extremely personal and quite good. Also weren't you just stanning Lorde...in 2017? 🤔

What does it matter if Imagine Dragons are straight 🤔
Self-hating gays apparently think being straight is an insult...it's incredibly odd how people use straight as a reason for not liking someone one, especially in music. I notice it being used more in this community lately.

Brhoom

Banned
giphy.gif

Top songs from 2017:

1-3AM (Pull Up) - Charli XCX

2-Excuse Me - AOA

3-Cumshot - Cupcakke

Thanks to the person who posted these songs here.

WaffleTaco

Mau ®;241479060 said:
Whats wrong with stanning one of the most acclaimed artists of 2017? 🤔
You can only say acclaimed now because the album dropped. A week ago it would be a laughable statement considering Green Light Flopped while at least Beliver is doing well on the charts and radio. Of course the Imagine Dragons album won't be 80+ metacritic, but it will be a decent album, probably 65+.

Edit: oh wait new Lorde is 91 and the critics apparently dislike Imagine Dragons...so yeah they will be lucky to reach 65.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom