• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
c1b5a8fd79.jpg

Is he still your daddy Blood Diamonds?

Mau ®;241150470 said:
Is "Supercut" the best pop song of the year?
Nah

Vazduh

Thanks for all the love, guys :* Switched my avatar back to the old one, but slightly adjusted with random starry bokeh, just to differentiate it from that impostor.

c1b5a8fd79.jpg

Is he still your daddy Blood Diamonds?

The worst thing is that he kinda looks better than before tbh.

OK, maybe not as AB FAB as this

aAGNz0C.gif

But better. Serving "young homos experimenting with drugs" realness.

Does anyone love me? or like me at this point? :(

Love is a strong word, but I'm fond of you and your messy ways lol

Vazra

Lorde (Lava/Republic) 85-90k SPS, 65-70k sales

This is lower than Halsey. What in the world? Still a #1 but what?
cole.gif

The worst thing is that he kinda looks better than before tbh.

OK, maybe not as AB FAB as this

aAGNz0C.gif

But better. Serving "young homos experimenting with drugs" realness.

I think its the drugs/party life making him crack. He looked alright when he lost the weight at first but he looks like he has been partying a bit too hard. A Tara Reid tea tbh.

Mau ®

In your car, the radio up
In your car, the radio up
We keep trying to talk about us
I'm someone you maybe might love
I’ll be your quiet afternoon crush
Be your violent overnight rush
Make you crazy over my touch

This is what pop songs oughta be. I might as well stop listening to pop music after Melodrama.

tenor.gif

Meowster

cole.gif
As big of a slay as Halselegend's current album was that first week, let's not forget that she also had a tour bundle and had one of the biggest songs of the decade this past year. Lorde hasn't had a hit since 2013. Good numbers for her imho.

Vazra

As big of a slay as Halselegend's current album was that first week, let's not forget that she also had a tour bundle and had one of the biggest songs of the decade this past year. Lorde hasn't had a hit since 2013. Good numbers for her imho.

I didnt knew about the tour bundle part. Now its no surprise.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
You seem oddly stressed that your opinion disagrees so vastly with the critical consensus, trying to convince yourself of your reasoning..

I'm not sure what an "indie hack" is, but I do know that Lorde is definitely more talented and putting out better music than whoever you stan for. This album will receive AOTY noms by multiple awards, rank very high on year end lists, and could even produce a minor hit if she wanted to try (Perfect Places, Homemade Dynamite). So no, it won't be forgotten by the end of the year.

Nah, not really stressed, my opinion is mine and I felt like giving it. And I mean indie hack by being weird with lyrics and sounds, there is a reason if you go to top ten lists for music, it is filled with people nobody has heard of. And she did try to produce a hit and it was called "Green Light." Also I don't stan people, I stan albums.

Does anyone love me? or like me at this point? :(

I do like ya I just dislike your political choices =)

Her single didn't do that good, and was pretty much a flop, and it's been almost four years since her last album. Her good will with the general public is gone and all she has left is the online fans that are in the same vein as Carly Rae Jepsen.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Mau ®;241150470 said:
Is "Supercut" the best pop song of the year?
Perhaps, but I don't think I'm here for that long ass outro 🤔

And doesn't a long ass outro go against the theme of the song? Or was that her intention? Queen of deep music or queen of unnecessary outros? Hmmmm. 🤔🤔🤔

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Hello, the numbers are in and Katy has another #1 album on her hands.

Perry’s bow of 180,000 units is the biggest week for an album by a woman in 2017, and the largest since Lady Gaga’s Joanne started at No. 1 with 201,000 units on the chart dated Nov. 12, 2016. Witness also logs the largest sales week for an album by a woman since Joanne (170,000).

Looks like the GP realized the critics got it wrong on this one and WITNESS is a good album after all. ddd I thought it was going to "flop"?

Katy won. Poor Lorde.

mSFYUDP.gif

Did my eyes deceive me or did miss Cyrus make an appearance at EDC just now with firebeatz.

It's was bamgerz/dead petz Miley not Malibu Miley.

Confused

rhandino

Banned
After one of the most busy weeks of the year (for me) I am finally free and ready to let The Lorde in.

Let me go and seek Melodrama~

YTLC0Vq.gif

rhandino

Banned
Every time I listen to Green Light I get all emotional and shit, Lorde did THAT

YTLC0Vq.gif

Don't know If I am going to make it to the end T_T

Mau ®

Huh... I don't hate the new Halsey album.

The Needed Me clone is kinda good too. But that's expected seeing the inspiration.

Bladenic

What's with all this love for Green God now but people were shitting on it when it came out? It's been amazing since day 1, good thing the peasants have caught up lmao

Vazduh

New music alert pt. 2 (courtesy of my friend who sent me this one)

Noga Erez - Pity

ptPt6FC.gif
ptPt6FC.gif

'First Love' by J LO is an underrated jam and should have been bigger.

It's pretty good, yeah. I feel like it's "Your Body 0.5" (similar structure, same beat, same producer aka Max Martin)

That "T-shirt and jeans" line tho...

UEgIyCk.gif

Dany

Banned
OMG lorde just did that. What a legend

Gotta wonder why we bother (Oh, oh-oh)
All the glamour, and the trauma
And the fucking melodrama (Oh, oh-oh)
All the gunfights, and the limelights
And the holy sick divine nights (Oh)
They'll talk about us, all the lovers
How we kissed and killed each other (Oh)
They'll talk about us, and discover
How we kissed and killed each other (Oh)
(Talk about it)

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom