• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh...

Talent won.

u23xq.gif

This is arguably her fiercest award show look. Whew

Vazduh

Dr. Luke Releases Statement Rebuking Kesha's 'Out-of-Context Emails' Demonstrating Nature of Relationship

On Wednesday (Feb. 15), the New York Post reported on emails they had received from the camp of Kesha Rose Sebert, which were exchanged between Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald and Sebert's manager, Monica Cornia.

The emails were meant to demonstrate the allegedly abusive nature of Kesha's relationship with the writer/producer -- who she is currently attempting to legally sever professional ties with -- and feature Dr. Luke criticizing the singer's weight and discipline towards dieting. According to Cornia, Gottwald also dismissed Sebert's differing opinion over a song lyric debated in the emails by telling her, "I don't give a shit what you want."

Later in the day, Christine Lepera, lawyer for Dr. Luke, released a statement decrying the "out-of-context" nature of the emails.

"Kesha and her attorneys continue to mislead by refusing to disclose the larger record of evidence showing the bad faith of Kesha Sebert and her representatives which is greatly damaging to them," the statement reads.

Lepera goes on to claim that the lyrics to the debated song were in fact rewritten on Kesha's request and that "any claim by Kesha to the contrary is deceiving the public -- just like her other meritless claims of wrongdoing by Dr. Luke."

tumblr_inline_ob797ipjsl1qf3b39_500.gif

Btw sistren, just wanted to say I'm feeling blessed't to be posting in this iconiQUE communiTEA. I've been lurking here for a bit but I've gotten way more into pop music over the last couple of years so decided to join in. xxx

giphy.gif

The Flop

Banned
Btw sistren, just wanted to say I'm feeling blessed't to be posting in this iconiQUE communiTEA. I've been lurking here for a bit but I've gotten way more into pop music over the last couple of years so decided to join in. xxx

giphy.gif

welcome who are your favs?

🕵🏼💁*♂️

Vazduh

Dr. Luke looks like a rapist. His face, his head--the bone structure gives it all away. Get into my phrenology rn?!

ddddddddd

The whole case is a mess, but I want more of your analyses, sis!

avrildrlukepepperspraemlaw.gif

Thank you for joining :* :*

latest

Thank you for joining :* :*

Thanks!

U6GEdBE.gif

welcome who are your favs?

🕵🏼💁*♂️

If I had to pick my fave Big Pop Gerls:

1. Madonna
2. Bey
3. Brinty

but I also love- Kate Bush, Erykah Badu, Amy Winehouse, Janelle Monae, Solange, FKA twigs, Siobhan Donaghy(and MKS), Girls Aloud, Spice Girls, All Saints, Blood Orange, Janet Jackson... among many others...

Bladenic

Thanks!

U6GEdBE.gif

1. Madonna
2. Bey
3. Brinty

but I also love- Kate Bush, Erykah Badu, Amy Winehouse, Janelle Monae, Solange, FKA twigs, Siobhan Donaghy(and MKS), Girls Aloud, Spice Girls, All Saints, Blood Orange, Janet Jackson... among many others...

Who's your favorite Sailor icon

70e6360fd8c0f6f72123034fc401e0c4.jpg

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Oh please we are not about to act like they weren't the most fucking annoying group of people posting in Off Topic that would do dumb shit like insinuate you were racist for saying you didn't enjoy his garbage music. FOH with this.

RAnGApP.gif
But it's not garbage...it's not my fault he's more talented than your fav

MANUELF

Banned
Welcome!!!!
Thanks!

1. Godney

And please stay comrade

The Flop

Banned
Pretty disappointed. Had my hopes up for this but the song sounds so disjointed.

It's like an ethereal mess. Like they wanted to do so many different sounds, but it just sounds like something from a EDM 101 class with a macbook and garage band inspired mess.

tumblr_ole6dqucta1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Frodo

1. Madonna
2. Bey
3. Brinty

Welcome. Please stay.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Buy EMOTION SIDE B on iTunes today.

scTdBkl.jpg
What? They died because it was garbage???

I actually like Side B more than Side A, but these albums are over hyped/overrated by the Internet due to that fact that they sold so little...an underdog fandom...a reverse The Weeknd

Mau ®

The Selena x Kygo song is cute but it's kinda telling that in all of Selena's songs she always has a different person doing the backing vocal whenever she does a "high note" (which in her case is basically slightly raising her voice lol)

rhandino

Banned
He never wants to strip down to his feelings
He never wants to kiss and close his eyes
He never wants to cry-y-y, cry-y-y
I never really know when he'll be leaving
And even with hello I hear goodbye
He always makes me cry-y-y, cry-y-y

vJnyytH.gif

Vazduh

There's something really unsettling about shape of you and I don't know what it is

I wouldn't say unsettling personally, but it's definitely reductive since we've been bombarded with Cheap Thrills for the past year or so. It's just too much!

rhandino

Banned
I actually don't like Shape of You because I am still in love with Cheap Trills and Shape of You is a MUCH lesser version of such a BOP.

Meanwhile Castle of Slays is one of my favorite songs from Ed.

The ÷ era is going to be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom