• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
wait, I just listened to the new Imagine Dragons song~

kaAizam.gif

I think i will stan for them again.

I need that Witness song pronto, especially if it features Chance The Rapper.

KT should make it the 2nd single.

Can we be done with this rent a rapper shit though?, I would prefer it if Witness was feature free and I like Chance.

STTR could have been fine without a feature, it didn't sound like it was made to compliment a feature.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I need that Witness song pronto, especially if it features Chance The Rapper.

KT should make it the 2nd single.
What are you talking about?? Love me some Chance
wait, I just listened to the new Imagine Dragons song~

kaAizam.gif

I think i will stan for them again.
I think it's okay, nothing too special.

Can we be done with this rent a rapper shit though?, I would prefer it if Witness was feature free and I like Chance.

STTR could have been fine without a feature, it didn't sound like it was made to compliment a feature.
Lol rent a rapper has been popular for years it's never going away

Witness is overrated. Like, it's a cute demo but her stans are acting like it should've been the lead single. It would have flopped harder that CTTR

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Not sure how I missed it but Missy Elliott's I'm Better released a few weeks ago

whew, as usual another slay music video. Her visual are always on point
JZbssG3.gif

Can we also take a trip down memory lane and appreciate Beep Me 911?

I'm listening to Teenage Dream and these 2011 era bops are making me nostalgic
T.G.I.F >>>>

kaAizam.gif

edit:
Summer after high school, when we first met
We make-out in your Mustang to Radiohead
And on my eighteenth birthday, we got matching tattoos

Used to steal your parents liquor and climb to the roof
Talk about our future like we had a clue
Never planned that one day I'd be losing you

In another life, I would be your girl
We keep all our promises, be us against the world
In another life, I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were the one that got away
The one that got away

wELcNM8.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
oh FFS MetalGa was cute but I thought it was a one time Grammy performance yet

Lars Ulrich has told Rolling Stone that he hopes METALLICA's collaboration with pop superstar Lady Gaga at this past weekend's Grammy Awards was more than an one-off. "We already started fast-forwarding to the next chapter when we can do more of this," he said. "It's not one of those '20 lawyers, strategists and managers trying to force two people from two different worlds to figure out how to spend four minutes together on a national telecast.' Of any of these undertakings, this is about as organic and authentic as there's ever been one. We're just getting started."

Metallica also called her their "5th member". SMH I hope we don't get a full MetalGa album (like a Cheek 2 Cheek style waste of time) because there goes any hope of Gaga's next album returning to electro-pop.

PiLIeZO.gif

MANUELF

Banned
Got my fourth 5* character in Fire Emblem Heroes (Camilla) now I have a full team of 5*(Robin, Roy, Abel and Camilla) :D

Im addicted D:

Floridian

E.T & California Girls are still good. Not too crazy about Dark Horse, but CTTR is also nice.
Rent a Rappers work for her.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I wish Ke$ha wasn't stuck in Hell so that she could officially release Lover

I love that song
Do we have any info if she's ever going to be able to release music?
I know but that doesn't stop it half the time being utterly pointless and it doesn't really add to the song. It has been done better before.

I really like this group and hope they go far.
This is true.
oh FFS MetalGa was cute but I thought it was a one time Grammy performance yet

Metallica also called her their "5th member". SMH I hope we don't get a full MetalGa album (like a Cheek 2 Cheek style waste of time) because there goes any hope of Gaga's next album returning to electro-pop.

PiLIeZO.gif
Sounds amazing tbh. I want Gaga to become the female Kanye West, and change it up each album. I would rather her just be creative each time than put out another boring pop album.

I'm listening to Teenage Dream and these 2011 era bops are making me nostalgic
T.G.I.F >>>>

kaAizam.gif

edit:
Summer after high school, when we first met
We make-out in your Mustang to Radiohead
And on my eighteenth birthday, we got matching tattoos

Used to steal your parents liquor and climb to the roof
Talk about our future like we had a clue
Never planned that one day I'd be losing you

In another life, I would be your girl
We keep all our promises, be us against the world
In another life, I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were the one that got away
The one that got away

wELcNM8.gif

'Teenage Dream' is iconic and people are still loving it today

gEPRkjR.gif

Ugh, I've been getting my absolute LIFE to 'Bad Romance' ever since the superb owl. How did it take me 8 years to realize what a slay it is?

7Weu8s5.gif

Frodo

I'm utterly disappointed with TLoZ - Season Pass of the Wild.

Adding bonus to pre-orders that cannot be bought separately when the content is eventually released, on top of the already questionable DLC for a game that has been delayed for the sole purpose of being launched in another platform just killed the hype I had for the game.

But of course, people will buy it and pretend that type of behaviour is okay and ignore how anti-consumer those companies have become. I can't. "here, pay us $20 (on top of the $60 you already paid for the game) for some sort of content we decided to keep as vague as possible that we will deliver sometime during summer and the holidays and get this chests with items we will not specify and could be literally anything, but we like to think they are useful, and they can not be bought separately once the DLC is finally released". And people still defend this.

0SglOPV.gif

Bladenic

So they're doing exactly what other companies have been doing since the PS3/360 days? Okay?

In other news, Mariah's Loverboy is actually a bop a bit TBH. I mean it's a mess, but still. I bet the original Firecracker version would've been better but that swindler JLo stole that shit.

So they're doing exactly what other companies have been doing since the PS3/360 days? Okay?

In other news, Mariah's Loverboy is actually a bop a bit TBH. I mean it's a mess, but still. I bet the original Firecracker version would've been better but that swindler JLo stole that shit.

JLO rather directly or indirectly without knowing it has a history of stealing other peoples shit. I don't understand where she comes off as some victim and Mariah bullied her lol.

Mariah is messy but her clapbacks and shade tend to be for a reason.

Bladenic

It is not like I was defending the other companies while they were doing it.

Also, you just proved my point.

There's no point to be proven. Horrible DLC campaigns have become the norm and the staple. I'm not defending them, because they're trash but it doesn't matter. People spend money on that shit. If people had shown their disdain years ago with their wallets then it wouldn't still be around today. The fact that Nintendo finally caught on to how to make some extra bucks just means they're LTTP (as usual).

rhandino

Banned
There's no point to be proven. Horrible DLC campaigns have become the norm and the staple. I'm not defending them, because they're trash but it doesn't matter. People spend money on that shit. If people had shown their disdain years ago with their wallets then it wouldn't still be around today. The fact that Nintendo finally caught on to how to make some extra bucks just means they're LTTP (as usual).
Are they? They have been doing DLC and season passes for a while.

Frodo

I had no problem with NSMB and Mario Kart DLCs because, firstly you knew exactly what you were getting. It was very clear. Secondly, because they didn't lock content behind pre-orders for something you don't know what it is. This is crossing a line in greedy behaviour. And it is very anti-consumer.

I'm not here for Queen Link whoring her bussy out for a Nintendo Bitch-branded shirt, but I won't fume at paying for another quest/dungeon. If it's good. Imagine paying for some low-rent Okami-tier quest, though. I [g a g] at the very thought.
T5ZcrYM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom