• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I had no problem with NSMB and Mario Kart DLCs because, firstly you knew exactly what you were getting. It was very clear. Secondly, because they didn't lock content behind pre-orders for something you don't know what it is. This is crossing a line in greedy behaviour. And it is very anti-consumer.

If you're only talking about the expansion pass... There is nothing locked behind pre-orders. You get the bonus items upon pre-purchasing OR purchasing it. It's just an instant reward for purchasing the pass. They did the same thing with Hyrule Warriors's DLC.

As for pre-paying for something that's unclear...don't. Same goes for pre-orders of any kind, including BotW, if you want to avoid disappointment. Wait for it to release and for impressions to come out. Plus, Nintendo will release more info on the DLC as time passes. After learning more fully what the expansion pass contains, if you think the content appears to be worth $20, buy it. Since there's no incentive for pre-ordering, I don't see any reason to not wait.

I do agree that it's annoying that Nintendo isn't selling the content separately, but I see it again as a business transaction. If I'm not willing to pay $20 for what they're offering and they won't sell it another way, then they don't get my money.

Frodo

Wait, so if I wait to buy it when it's all said and done and already released I'll still get the chests and stuff? I was under the impression that those were pre-order only.

My guess is that it's because it's Zelda.

But Hyrule Warriors had TWO season passes, and nobody complained about both of those.
Wait, so if I wait to buy it when it's all said and done and already released I'll still get the chests and stuff? I was under the impression that those were pre-order only.

Unless they are explicitly labeled as preorder only, you can buy the season pass whenever you want and still get everything in it.

Mau ®;230381600 said:
Rihanna is already the female Kanye West.

Ehhhhhhh

Female Drake maybe? Gaga's more like Kanye than Rih is tho. She sells fewer albums, switches up her sound constantly, has a cult following, and is admired by her peers for her talent.

rhandino

Banned
No, Drake is the female Rihanna.
EGR0M_s-200x150.gif

She's an insane Trump supporter?
aslkjd;ald

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Does it mean anything that Gaga's shows have been selling out?

Unless they are explicitly labeled as preorder only, you can buy the season pass whenever you want and still get everything in it.

The exact wording:

Immediately upon pre-purchase or purchase of the Expansion Pass, three new treasure chests will appear in the game’s Great Plateau area.

Interpret that as you will. It reads to me exactly like what Nintendo/Koei Tecmo did with Hyrule Warriors, which gave you the purchase reward whenever you bought it.

Frodo

The exact wording:

Interpret that as you will. It reads to me exactly like what Nintendo/Koei Tecmo did with Hyrule Warriors, which gave you the purchase reward whenever you bought it.

Oh, so that is not as bad as I thought it was, assuming they are indeed not locking anything to pre-orders. Although, having a "hard-mode" behind a paywall still sounds iffy.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Sounds amazing tbh. I want Gaga to become the female Kanye West, and change it up each album. I would rather her just be creative each time than put out another boring pop album.

I... Did you just call Fame Monster and her magnum opus Born This Way boring? You want Gaga collaborating on a dad rock album?

RAnGApP.gif

That's the kind of bullshit that turned me off from the rapper Common when he decided to say this

A few of these rappers are on the ain't shit list.

Not too hard on Common, he just did a great job playing a villain in King Keanu's critically acclaimed John Wick 2 (go see it).

llehuty

K.A.R.D - Don`t Recall

tumblr_ol4adeURpx1sk2kqwo1_500.gif

Chill-bop.

Ehhhhhhh

Female Drake maybe? Gaga's more like Kanye than Rih is tho. She sells fewer albums, switches up her sound constantly, has a cult following, and is admired by her peers for her talent.
tumblr_nirg9pIre31t4fgzeo1_500.gif

And smh at comparing what Kanye has brought with his different eras (innovation/fresh sound) with what Gaga has brought (retreads). I will give you the cult following part, though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Rihanna has more balls than Drake and she is not an idiot like Kanye. Let's not try to make comparisons when Rihanna is on her own lane giving no fucks unlike some other faves.
tumblr_olanbpszL21u6y3dwo1_400.gif

Mau ®

Rihanna switches up her sound way more than ya'll give her credit for. Just because her transitions are seamless and make sense don't mean she doesn't change. The fact is Good Girl Gone Bad sounds nothing like her mixtapes, Rated R was switch up, LOUD & TTT's flirtation with european EDM is nowhere to be found in Unapologetic (which is an urban record for the most part) and then there's ANTi which takes influences from a lot genres.

There's also the fact her fashion stays evolving and is not merely an emulation of a certain style.

That's why I said she's the female Kanye.

Lady Gaga can't be the female Kanye West, that would have required her to have more than 2 good albums, with one of them being damn near spectacular like MBDTF. She's not even as crazy as he is either.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Mau ®;230381600 said:
Rihanna is already the female Kanye West.
Works for me
It's so funny that all those annoying Kanye stans that smother themselves on his asshole had to face reality and admit he was trash

kii
...all his "stans" think he's a stupid idiot that keeps his mouth shut, no one defended him
I... Did you just call Fame Monster and her magnum opus Born This Way boring? You want Gaga collaborating on a dad rock album?

RAnGApP.gif

Not too hard on Common, he just did a great job playing a villain in King Keanu's critically acclaimed John Wick 2 (go see it).

Born This Way is not her magnum opus...and it is boring. I was talking about Born This Way and Artpop though. And yes Gaga making a rock album is way more interesting than another pop album.

DOWN

Banned
No interest in stroking Kanye's ego after he was going to bat for Trump and decided to pretend he didn't way too late

No need to compare Rihanna to others because she is as much a name as anybody else in the industry

Rihanna is in her own lane. End it. All these new girls in the music industry and modeling industry are trying hard to emulate, but none compare.

Eeek I got free tickets to see Ariana Grande so I'm weirdly hype. At least she can sing so my wig might shift but who knows 🤷🏾*♀️ I hope sis puts on a good show

Mau ®;230397705 said:
Kanye West is our generation's top artist. In decades to come he will be remembered and his albums hailed as extraordinary. 808's, MBDTF and now Yeezus (Daft Punk influences) literally shaped the hip hop soundscape.
Meh.

Mau ®;230397705 said:
Kanye West is our generation's top artist. In decades to come he will be remembered and his albums hailed as extraordinary. 808's, MBDTF and now Yeezus (Daft Punk influences) literally shaped the hip hop soundscape.
Thank goodness sanity exists in this heathen-filled thread.

Zutroy

Kanye's got a good ear for a sample and turning it into a hit, but he's not some supreme musical genius. A lot of his lyrics are subpar.

...all his "stans" think he's a stupid idiot that keeps his mouth shut, no one defended him
Oh please we are not about to act like they weren't the most fucking annoying group of people posting in Off Topic that would do dumb shit like insinuate you were racist for saying you didn't enjoy his garbage music. FOH with this.

RAnGApP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom