• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mau ®;230187715 said:
In defense of Rih and Bey, both Work and Formation had like 2 days of sales for their debut week and not a full tracking week.
Those sales aren't even that bad honestly. Adele and Shitlord are just made to sell no matter what. Formation in particular is pretty good considering it's secretive private video release.

Vazduh

When Sia hands these songs over does she require them to sing them like her?

Like a can-un-bowww

Sia usually provides the demo with her vocals so I assume most of them just imitate her vocal delivery. Rihanna is definitely guilty of that, Lea Michelle as well. Xtina is one of the exceptions, tbh.

Touchback

Banned
Lambs always avoiding dates with their receipts.

tumblr_ocl2yuCpxM1tdcf5ko1_500.gif

Will there be a date that Ariana goes number one? I'm still waiting.

tumblr_inline_okviscIjKu1qc7g7w_500.gif

Mau ®

Ugh Unapologetic is such a FIRE album.

Diamonds
Numb
Pour It Up
Loveeeeeeeee Song
Jump
Stay
Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary
Get It Over With
No Love Allowed

An album! An artist! A trendsetter and visionary!

Koodo

Banned
Surely someone who can't stay on key or be anything more than the equivalent of an LED panel with a pair of protrusions two thirds of the way up will receive a boost from the Grammy's.

Especially on the night that Beyoncé, Adele, Bruno Mars, The Weeknd, and others will outshine her too.

sTHMlxh.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Trump teas.

K0vFBON.gif
Nah, it's the universal standard for music. You could make the argument if she was born in the U.K. or something, but she's born in America.

Surely someone who can't stay on key or be anything more than the equivalent of an LED panel with a pair of protrusions two thirds of the way up will receive a boost from the Grammy's.

Especially on the night that Beyoncé, Adele, Bruno Mars, The Weeknd, and others will outshine her too.

sTHMlxh.gif
Katy and Gaga will be the stars of the show. Beyoncé will be singing an old song, Adele will be singing an old song, Bruno Mars will be singing an old song, The Weeknd will be singing an old song. Katy will be premiering a new song for the first time in years and Lady Gaga will be singing with Metallica with a country song.

botty

Banned
Nah, it's the universal standard for music. You could make the argument if she was born in the U.K. or something, but she's born in America.

All I am reading from your post is that the purchasing/listening decisions of those that live in the UK are not of equal value to those living in the US.

All Touchback said was that Ariana did not have a #1... She/He/It did not eve specify from what country or if it was album/single.

WaffleTaco

All I am reading from your post is that the purchasing/listening decisions of those that live in the UK are not of equal value to those living in the US.

All Touchback said was that Ariana did not have a #1... She/He/It did not eve specify from what country or if it was album/single.
They aren't unfortunately of equal value according to Billboard and the music industry. However I will say that you are indeed technically correct, Touchback said a #1 and did not specifiy country or album/single.

Touchback

Banned
They aren't unfortunately of equal value according to Billboard and the music industry. However I will say that you are indeed technically correct, Touchback said a #1 and did not specifiy country or album/single.

let him/her/it have his/her/their UK #1...the arianators will take anything at this point.

sTHMlxh.gif

Giving EXTREME VETTING
2095c354.gif
Fitting for this white supremacist OT, to be FRANK!

Anyways, my faves are BadGalAri, Katheryn, and sometimes Grimes.

Koodo

Banned
Whatever happened to that woman who won american idol a long time ago. What was her name? She was a huge talent.

Oh, do we need someone to check Touchback's credentials? Because I'd be more than willing to put the snitch gloves back on for One Night Only...if the price is right of course.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
tbh the OP should be aligned with this chart. THIS is the tea

C4amNX2WcAAo9yK.jpg

When it's black and white in front of you like this, it just puts everything into perspective.

tumblr_inline_okviscIjKu1qc7g7w_500.gif

Cannonball ahead of CTTR is tragic.

It was written by Sia. Not a tragic song by any means, but Lea Michelle just cannot sing pop well since her style of singing is too broad. Also, she's kinda unlikable tbh.

Mostly agreed. She has talent, but her voice sounds out of place in the pop style. Cannonball also felt like a pretty generic debut. She had some good performances on Glee, though, and I wouldn't mind her being in the Wicked movie.

P!nk is everything! Even that golk album she released slay a lot

You all a mess!

I listen to that album pretty frequently. It's quite nice.

Whatever happened to that woman who won american idol a long time ago. What was her name? She was a huge talent.

She didn't win, but I'm still upset that Jennifer Hudson isn't a bigger deal.

royalan

Ew, who is that person who just walked a Grammy red carpet in a Make America Great Again dress?

I did not recognize her.

Touchback

Banned
Oh, do we need someone to check Touchback's credentials? Because I'd be more than willing to put the snitch gloves back on for One Night Only...if the price is right of course.

mess, y'all know i bring the kiis and cackles and would miss my messy behind if I was to leave.

db00ad057d.gif

Gonna have to evict me because I'm not about to leave

821f30f9cf.gif

OrionX

In other news, it looks like Ed's sitting at number 1 on iTunes after slaying on SNL last night.

I mean, I actually like Katheryn's new song, but it's no surprise that she can't compete with such natural talent and artistry.

ijzz6gsgcwiqyl8jhw.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
In other news, it looks like Ed's sitting at number 1 on iTunes after slaying on SNL last night.

I mean, I actually like Katheryn's new song, but it's no surprise that she can't compete with such natural talent and artistry.

ijzz6gsgcwiqyl8jhw.gif

The song ripping of Sia or the other songs?

WaffleTaco

ijzz6gsgcwiqyl8jhw.gif
That's fine, Katy will hit number 1 in a month or a month in a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom