• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

post-We Found Love Harris is on another level to Pre-WFL Harris tho.

How would you explain none of his songs charting in the USA until after We Found Love. After that, "Feel So Close" (released a year before) and "Let's Go" happened. Even "Im Not Alone", which was MASSIVE everywhere, didnt make a big dent in the US.

Meanwhile none of Florence's singles have made a zip of impact in the US, despite good album sales. Clearly the stronger force in the US is Calvin. And in the UK most of Calvin's singles have gone top 5. Meanwhile Florence's Ceremonials singles did not even enter TOP 10 until the Calvin Harris remix of Spectrum.

Did I lie?

"We Found Love" had the pleasure of having Rhianus attached to it. She was big enough to propel Calvin a little higher.

"Feels so Close" was around for a while and did have some impressive legs to move back up, I will give you that. You also have to know that the song was featured in a couple of different TV shows before it finally gained a lot of traction in the US. That was all Calvin Harris alone, so point in your favor.

Still, his colab with Kelis flopped. I barely heard his colab with Ne-Yo, so another flop.

Florence started gaining a lot of traction in more mainstream places shortly after The Voice, I believe. That's where I first heard of her. Now it will be Florence who propels Calvin's new single up. Not Calvin Harris' name.

Artemisia

Banned
Back to Bieber, he set a record for the highest amount of views of a video in the first 24 hours, beating his previous record of over 5 million. Nicki clocked the record back when Starships came out, then Rih clocked the record from Nicki, then Justin clocked them both. I think that was how it went.

Anyway, watch the video again, and be slain

I thought it was

MTN > Stupid Hoe > Boyfriend > WHYB > BAAB

DMeisterJ

Banned
Only the King
67d90ee8.gif

Right? DOUBLE THE PREVIOUS RECORD.

Only the KING.
67d90ee8.gif

I thought it was

MTN > Stupid Hoe > Boyfriend > WHYB > BAAB

tbh, I don't really check for Nicki, so I wasn't sure what song it was. I can't believe it was that SHIT Stuipd Hoe.

And I do think that WHYB clocked Boyfriend.

--

I Googled it. It was stupid hoe with 4.8 million in 24 hours, WHYB with 4.937, and then Boyfriend with 5M, and now Beauty and a beat with 10.6. So I had the order right, but the wrong Flop song for Sticki

Mau ®

Still, his colab with Kelis flopped. I barely heard his colab with Ne-Yo, so another flop.

Florence started gaining a lot of traction in more mainstream places shortly after The Voice, I believe. That's where I first heard of her. Now it will be Florence who propels Calvin's new single up. Not Calvin Harris' name.

His collab with Kelis went #2 in the UK. Same thing with "Let's Go", although it entered TOP 10 in USA Radio, went #5 on Top 40. So they obviously were not flops.

Florence HAS been getting a lot of attention in the mainstream for sure, but as far as TOP 40 is concerned she's a nobody and its Calvin Harris name thats getting Florence into that market. Not the other way around.

Artemisia

Banned
stop fapping over something as trivial as YT video views that cost the consumer nothing and call me when he gets a number 1 single.

k?

waslmrl5rm4.gif

bye.

DMeisterJ

Banned
stop fapping over something as trivial as YT video views that cost the consumer nothing and call me when he gets a number 1 single.

k?

waslmrl5rm4.gif

bye.

When was the last time that MIA had a #1 single? or Smellie? Yet you jerk off to them in every post in this thread.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Let's fucking NOT.

Artemisia

Banned
When was the last time that MIA had a #1 single? or Smellie? Yet you jerk off to them in every post in this thread.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Let's fucking NOT.

Ellie has a number 2 single, same as JB. Except hers wasn't the result of prerelease hype and pathetic twitter whoring. Not to mention that number 2 single sold more than any JB single.

Artemisia

Banned
So she hasn't had a #1 single yet. Call me when she does

Bye.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

It's a lot more embarrassing for Justin to not have a number 1 single given the huge pop culture icon he is, and being dubbed the most popular artist by many.

Don't be a fool and ignore context.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Majmun

OT2 only lasted for 3 months. I wonder when OT4 will be here. I think just in time before Marius' ban is lifted.

I remember Koodo making that flawfree POPGAF statistics post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom