• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Goldenheart? Isn't that Dawn Richard's new album? I'll have to give it a listen. I still think she has potential. In an alternate universe where Bad Boy wasn't terrible she would be shitting.

botty

Banned
Based on early data from label sources, Billboard forecasts that "Suit" may sell at least 400,000 downloads by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, Jan. 20. That projection, however, could easily change tomorrow morning, once we have the song's first full-day's worth of sales to examine.

If "Suit" shifts more than 400,000, it would be the biggest debut for a digital song since Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble." moved 416,000 on the Hot Digital Songs chart dated Oct. 27, 2012, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Read more

And as long as I've got my suit and tie
I'ma leave it off on the floor tonight
And you got fixed up too tonight
let me show you a few thangs
All dressed up in black and white

ibzRGK3RCEQj5v.gif

And you're dressed in that dress I like
Love is swinging in the air tonight
Let me show you a few things, show you a few things
Let me show you a few things

ibzRGK3RCEQj5v.gif

Fey

Banned
the prospect of JT beating taylor's sales ... excites me
9f1de191.gif

gettin on that bandwagon

tumblr_lu5m9uBr4s1qdlkgg.gif

not really but it's better than IKYWT

Nemesis_

It was 35C (or 95F) at 630am in the morning.

It was nice knowing you POPGAF, but I fear by the time we hit our maximum temperature that I will be a pool of nothing.

RIP

Koodo

Banned
It's a fabulous 2 ºC (36 ºF) in Calgary with sparkly fresh snow on the ground. Truly a winter wonderland type of day.

iF5zsWPjEL6rX.gif

Nemesis_

It's a fabulous 2 ºC (36 ºF) in Calgary with sparkly fresh snow on the ground. Truly a winter wonderland type of day.

iF5zsWPjEL6rX.gif

iPNgfE00meK3d.gif

MzSu6.png

New York weather is so bipolar.

cry2520pagk6z.gif

This is what Melbourne is like ;_; The stereotype is that you experience four seasons in one day almost every day. I am fairly certain that, minus snow, it's true given what's happened the days I've lived there.

Also you get one too:

iPNgfE00meK3d.gif

Koodo

Banned
I swear, certain segments of the Monsters have been doing the absolutely most lately. No one in attendance at Vancouver detected a single hint of ARTPOP yet the little cunts who were thousands of miles away have already conjured theories based on stock beats attached to advertisements.

Calm the fuck down.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The fact that we don't even have a lead single name from ARTPOP leads me to believe the album is at least months away from release. She's still got to finish this leg of the tour too

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It was 35C (or 95F) at 630am in the morning.

It was nice knowing you POPGAF, but I fear by the time we hit our maximum temperature that I will be a pool of nothing.

RIP

Don't die yet!!!!

After we're done with our business you may.

BTW 76°F (24°C)

Nemesis_

I swear, certain segments of the Monsters have been doing the absolutely most lately. No one in attendance at Vancouver detected a single hint of ARTPOP yet the little cunts who were thousands of miles away have already conjured theories based on stock beats attached to advertisements.

Calm the fuck down.

UMM BYE, she talked about ARTPOP at almost every Australia date.

Don't die yet!!!!

After we're done with our business you may.

I C this reminder.

Koodo

Banned
UMM BYE, she talked about ARTPOP at almost every Australia date.
Back when the album was being planned for a late 2012 release. Now we're in 2013 and she isn't doing that anymore. Hint hint.

Even her management and posse have stopped uttering the word "soon."

if0SE4ABrMmTr.gif

royalan

I can't at the idea of smaller acts who have been the REAL pioneers of modern R&B (Miguel, Jessie Ware, Solange, Elle Varner, etc) getting ready to be completely steamrolled by big names hopping on trend and peddling R&B in its most BASIC form. It's criminal, I tell you. Criminal.

Expecting Bey's single to be more of this.

I think people are riding the "ZOMG IT'S NOT TOP40/EDM/DUBSTEPZ/MAINSTREAM" train too damn hard. If this weren't a JT song y'all wouldn't give any kind of DAMN

Yeah, just like if The Fame Monster or BTW was released by any other person I wouldn't give a shit. I also wouldn't give a shit if 4 was released by someone that wasn't Beyonce. Liking a song because the artist elevates its value or worth is not a bad thing. Everybody does it.
Britney stans of all people should relate to this.

Speaking of Gaga, so sorry for not releasing songs 10-1 last night. I guess Gaga's rubbing off on me. Things came up last night so I had to deal with them. They'll be up tonight :)

Rob of all people is most pressed about my lateness. #futuremonster #bornthisway

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Back when the album was being planned for a late 2012 release. Now we're in 2013 and she isn't doing that anymore. Hint hint.

Hint hint, she was in Canada and she tweeted on that night about ARTPOP and again yesterday

the tea leaves are all right there for you to read
if0SE4ABrMmTr.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I can't at the idea of smaller acts who have been the REAL pioneers of modern R&B (Miguel, Jessie Ware, Solange, Elle Varner, etc) getting ready to be completely steamrolled by big names hopping on trend and peddling R&B in its most BASIC form. It's criminal, I tell you. Criminal.

Expecting Bey's single to be more of this.

You seem to be bothered by every artists success since your fave flopped

Poor you

Koodo

Banned
Hint hint, she was in Canada and she tweeted on that night about ARTPOP and again yesterday

the tea leaves are all right there for you to read
Marius got to you before I could~
Tweeting about working on more songs with Madeon. By this time two years ago, she was tweeting about Born This Way being done, and the album was still months away.

You gworls better not have a meltdown when we still don't have anything concrete by the time the tour wraps up.

igyEgrXOOekD3.gif

Nemesis_

Did Taylor Swift leak a breakup song about her ex Harry Styles through a decoy?

Okay, we’re totally on the fence as to whether this is Swift or not, since it sure sounds exactly like her! It sounds too much like her not to be her.

The singer admittedly, via tweet, hit the studio after her split with One Direction‘s most popular member. Everyone and their grandmother assumed T. Swizzle would swiftly –- pun intended — pen a song about the romance-gone-wrong.

Then, ‘I’m Alright, a song that sounds like a post-split Swift, down to the vocal tones and guitar chords, lands online, and full of intimate detail that sound authentic.

According to Taste of Country, it turns out the song ‘I’m Alright’ was written and performed by a 15-year-old girl from Tokyo who goes by the handle JerseyGreen13. Swift’s lucky number is 13, BTW.

She tweeted: “But I actually tried my very best to write it without saying a single bad thing about Harry Styles.”

The track has exploded on the web, since it sounds SO much like Swift. Could JerseyGreen13 be a decoy to leak the song? Is Swift trying to send secret messages to Styles via song? Did she want to tell her side of the story without trashing him? Is this her romantic way of speaking to him and telling him how much she loves him, through song, her best method of communication?

This could all be carefully calculated on Swift’s part. She has showed up to the Golden Globes surprisingly pulled together. Yes, that makes her a consummate professional, but after her split with Styles, she has to be wrecked. She truly looked truly happy with him. For her part, looking good and living well seems to be the best revenge.

We’re also baffled as to why a talented songwriter like JerseyGreen13 hasn’t been snatched up by a label to be the next Taylor Swift? Is JG13 real? We can envision Directioners and Swifties trying to decode the meaning in that name from details in the Haylor romance.

It feels almost too good to be fake. Like we get the fan fiction phenomena but this is over the top. This is an actual song, a piece of art, with lyrics that make us go, “OMG, how sweet, Harry sang Stevie songs to Tay Tay! Which ones?!” It’s that good and authentic-sounding.

PopCrushers do you think JerseyGreen13 is just really good at copying Taylor or is T. Swizzle fooling us all?

http://popcrush.com/taylor-swift-harry-styles-im-alright/

For some reason I can't actually watch the video, but here it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom