• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portable console screenshot thread (3DS/Vita) - Rules in OP

melchior_

I need that Bob's Burgers table D:

21239264521_3a3bf17675_o.jpg

21043403648_6c5f87d646_o.jpg

21044474509_000679f4dc_o.jpg

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Horrible glitches aside, I'm still surprised they were able to pull Assassin's Creed Liberation off on the Vita.

tkscz

Wow, how'd you grab RER screens? I can't seem to find a Revelations community on miiverse D:

22535837816_9203434f3e_o.jpg

22561819485_92e52a87d2_o.jpg

21940643743_448d16fa9b_o.jpg

Ihomebrew?

Yep. The homebrew for the 3DS was just updated a few days ago and now it can load games from the cart/digital games and take screenshots of them (along with allowing O3DS games to run at N3DS clock speeds, which helps keep games like RE;R, MGS3, and Luigi's Mansion stable).

melchior_

Yep. The homebrew for the 3DS was just updated a few days ago and now it can load games from the cart/digital games and take screenshots of them (along with allowing O3DS games to run at N3DS clock speeds, which helps keep games like RE;R, MGS3, and Luigi's Mansion stable).

whoa, nice! I'll need to check that out! Not too good with tech stuff though so hopefully it isn't too difficult to figure out D:

tkscz

whoa, nice! I'll need to check that out! Not too good with tech stuff though so hopefully it isn't too difficult to figure out D:

It's not IF you haven't update to 10.2. They are working on getting the homebrew to work on it, and for the most part it is working, but it takes some work to do so (Nintendo has effectively blocked the easiest ways to get the homebrew with update 10.2, but people have already found ways around it).

If I recall correctly though, you also bought IronFall before it was taken off the eshop, that will work in your favor.

melchior_

It's not IF you haven't update to 10.2. They are working on getting the homebrew to work on it, and for the most part it is working, but it takes some work to do so (Nintendo has effectively blocked the easiest ways to get the homebrew with update 10.2, but people have already found ways around it).

If I recall correctly though, you also bought IronFall before it was taken off the eshop, that will work in your favor.

Ah, I see! bummer. Sounds like I'll have to wait a little longer. D: Glad to hear they're making progress on it though. It'll be great to finally be able to take screenshots of pokemon games, persona q and all those other 3ds games that either don't have a miiverse community or just don't support screenshots.

21239371411_a8b904d8d6_o.jpg

20610291483_ab030caa7c_o.jpg

21043314640_e6128babea_o.jpg

How's the frame rate?

It feels like 60 fps in 2D mode to me. I could be wrong, but it definitely feels smooth and doesn't dip, and I remember two gaffers also saying it felt like 60. There's a demo on the eShop if you want to make sure.

The framerate takes a pretty big hit in 3D mode though.

Jacqli

Wait, WHAT!? Could you provide more information about that? I am fairly interested but can't find any decent results.

tkscz

scr_10_TOP_LEFT.png

scr_11_TOP_LEFT.png

scr_15_TOP_LEFT.png

(HANs does not work with Super Street Fighter IV unfortunately).

Wait, WHAT!? Could you provide more information about that? I am fairly interested but can't find any decent results.

If you have updated your 3DS to 10.2 or 10.3, you're out of luck. Nintendo has pretty much blocked the easier hax and the only way to do it from there is to have physical versions of either OoT3D, or Cube Ninja, the later has skyrocketed in price from $5 to nearly $90.

If you have not updated, here is the original thread of the homebrew. The homebrew was updated to 2.5 and with it came HANs. Hackers found that N3DS's clock speed is actually at 804MHz, over the O3DS 268MHz, however, when a N3DS plays O3DS games, it plays them at O3DS clock speeds. With HANs, compatible games get boast in frames and stability if they aren't badly capped (MGS3 is strictly capped at 20fps, but it won't dip lower than that). Games like Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon see better results. It also takes screen shots.

Resident Evil: Revelation never really had frame rate issues, but would stutter when enemies would spawn or when new areas load (in an elevator or giant door way). The enemy stutter is 100% gone. Enemies load in seamlessly (which actually made the game a little harder as I didn't know when enemies had spawned in) and while the stutter is still there when an area is loading in, it's significantly shorter/fewer stutters, it's nearly unnoticeable.

Top Bottom