• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Seeing it in a higher quality, it shares some superficial qualities with Raiden, but it doesn't really look exactly like him.

P.S. It's segue, not segway.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I haven't read this whole thread but damn it better be ZOE3! It's the only good franchise they have now.

The thing I'm curious about is, if this takes place after MGS4, why Jack would continue any of this shit when he has Rose and his son to take care of?

I guess he has to get paid somehow.

Probably just his Area 51 mission.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Pai Pai Master said:
Yes, Naomi Act 2 before Laughing Octopus fight.

Ah ok, found it, it's just two blacked out boxes after MGS4.

Anyway after re-watching the Eva scene in MGS4, I think it is pretty certain that one game set after LET, when Big Boss left the US after being cloned. It would end when Big Boss re-assumes command of Fox Hound, as he plots to create Outer Heaven.

The other, considering the picture, would be set after MGS4 with Raiden as the main character I guess, I don't know.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Raiden is looking a lot like a Snatcher these days. It would be great if Kojima used this game as a segway between the MGS series & Snatcher. The fact that he is a product of Tokugawa Industries may be a clue as well.

Gray Fox and Olga were also products of Tokugawa Industries.

It's not crazy to think that MGS is going to link directly to Snatcher eventually, Kojima already retconned MGS4 for that extensively. Hence the red/brown eye.

So maybe that character is not Raiden, it's a "snatcher", hence the bar code: as mass produced "perfect soldier". But it would still be set after MGS4.

WinFonda said:
maybe_raiden.jpg

OK, that's gotta be Raiden. You can make out the prosthetic lines in his face, near his lips and forehead.

For comparison:

34g3c4h.jpg

Narag

Pelydr said:
I haven't read this whole thread but damn it better be ZOE3! It's the only good franchise they have now.

Oh I wish this whole reveal was for that and the MGS stuff was just tossed out to be confusing like Blizzard did with Diablo 3 in that week of teasing.

Kowak

Banned
the eyes are really throwing me off, plus someone mentioned the barcode thing earlier. and it looks like someone has cut his head open.

Synless

U K Narayan said:
Cartoons used to be so fucking awesome.

The face does look very feminine though. Even more so than Jack's face. Plus the barcode and the dot markings on the forehead. Interesting.

I'll just play some video games until E3 or something.

What color are Sunny's and Jack's eyes respectively?
Sunny's are Haziel like the ones above and Jacks are blue. I think that could be Sunny......

SRG01

Similar, but doesn't really look like Raiden. Could be... Olga?

edit: It would make sense if it was Olga. She was shot in the head in MGS2, hence the stitching/holes on the forehead.

WinFonda

Guled said:
look at the eyes, its definitely not Radian, Kojima is fucking with us
Yeah, the eyes are off.

Raiden does however have one of those barcodes on his arm

2m48tvn.jpg

What are the chances of Sunny/Gray Fox having similar prosthesis? Guess we'll find out.

I don't think people should stress the effeminate look too much. I mean, the characters styles always change a bit game to game. Especially since you have to take into account passage of time.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Kowak said:
the eyes are really throwing me off, plus someone mentioned the barcode thing earlier. and it looks like someone has cut his head open.

I think it is just a manufactured Raiden, a Snatcher.

SRG01

Does anyone have any screencaps of MGS2? In particular, the one when Olga comes in to save Raiden and gets killed in the process?

Guled

Kowak said:
he has a cyberbrain, maybe this is a front for a Ghost in the Shell game. Hype +9000

Synless said:
Sunny's are Haziel like the ones above and Jacks are blue. I think that could be Sunny......

Those eyes are NOT hazel, homes...that cyber-ninja's eyes are brown.

Gray Fox and Solidus story incoming.

EDIT: Edited for grammar.

Kowak

Banned
SRG01 said:
Similar, but doesn't really look like Raiden. Could be... Olga?

edit: It would make sense if it was Olga. She was shot in the head in MGS2, hence the stitching/holes on the forehead.

only thing that would piss me off if it was olga is what the fuck was she doing all these year while sunny wasnt with her. she seems the type who would have done all she could to be with sunny(as she did in mgs2) unless she was kept alive but only remade after mgs4 when the tech was available

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It doesn't look anything like Olga, it looks exactly like Raiden except the eye.

My guess is that this is a manufactured Raiden/Perfect Soldier, and it is acting like a real Raiden, it even has Snake's bandanna. But it's not an industry-made Raiden, it's too sloppy of a job, and the bandanna implies sentimental attachment.

So a Snatcher.

Made by Otacon-Boss.

Meet Metal Gear Mk 6!

Guled said:
he has a cyberbrain, maybe this is a front for a Ghost in the Shell game. Hype +9000

I though what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes...

Because Rose wouldn't shut the fuck up about the date.

JardeL

Nirolak said:
If we allow duplication I noticed you can get 360, PS3, and PC out of it.

But in that case I don't know what to do with the R and the e.
And we dont know yet if they are 5 or S /// 6 or G ...

Ether_Snake said:
I think it is just a manufactured Raiden, a Snatcher.

Yea, maybe a very crude Snatcher seeing as it doesn't look completely human. Haven't they already established that Elijah Modnar exists in the MGS universe? Also of note: in the Japanese version of Snatcher the Snatchers themselves had red eyes. That was changed when it was released in the US to green eyes.

Also, (snatcher spoiler)
Could this be a prototype Random Hajile, perhaps?
. Probably not but ya never know :D

shagg_187 said:
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mask/ I know I am late but what the fuck is this?!!!

New IP with Kojima's influence. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

WinFonda said:
OK, that's gotta be Raiden. You can make out the prosthetic lines in his face, near his lips and forehead.

This is the new Metal Gear. After all, the Gekko's were composed of mechanical and biological parts. This makes complete sense. Bi-pedal walking battle tanks. Mass produced cyborg ninjas. Damn. Why didn't we see this coming?

SRG01

Well, if I were to make a preposterous suggestion, it could be The Boss. :lol

edit: But at any rate, I'm about 50% sure that it's Olga (other 50% being Gray Fox) since they're the only two characters that have good correlation with the left-eye thing.

edit2: Ooops, nevermind. I see the pic. The other vid from that angle is kind of deceiving.

Kowak

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
It doesn't look anything like Olga, it looks exactly like Raiden except the eye.

My guess is that this is a manufactured Raiden/Perfect Soldier, and it is acting like a real Raiden, it even has Snake's bandanna. But it's not an industry-made Raiden, it's too sloppy of a job, and the bandanna implies sentimental attachment.

So a Snatcher.

Made by Otacon-Boss.

Meet Metal Gear Mk 6!

WinFonda said:
i am guessing otacon used raidenss arm skin on his forehead.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Raiden.jpg

and all this years thinkin this was Raiden :(

Nakazato

I will not allow myself to get mind fucked by Kojima.

But...... Olga is a great guess could this be BB story of how her saved Olga form the patriots ?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
5, PO, 巳, E3, PS3, 360, PC,

5 = Metal Gear Solid 5, set after MGS4.

PO and 巳 = Metal Gear Snake or Metal Gear Snakes (Portable Ops sequel, set right after LET, after the snakes are born, and ends before MG1)

E3, PS3, 360, PC, are self explanatory

Top Bottom