• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Awntawn

dgenx said:
Raiden.jpg

and all this years thinkin this was Raiden :(
This one's RaYden

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Ether_Snake said:
5, PO, 巳, E3, PS3, 360, PC,

5 = Metal Gear Solid 5, set after MGS4.

PO and 巳 = Metal Gear Snake or Metal Gear Snakes (set right after LET, after the snakes are born, and ends before MG1)

E3, PS3, 360, PC, are self explanatory
PO could also be Portable Ops.

seat

Well, you guys were right about the eye color. And I'm not certain that's Raiden anymore either. I'm done trying to guess anything about this game, because it's probably something none of us have guessed correctly so far. Not Raiden, not Sunny, not Raiden's son, not Gray Fox. I'll bet it's someone completely new.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Kowak said:
i am guessing otacon used raidenss arm skin on his forehead.

Raiden always had these bar codes on him, even in MGS2.

thaOwner

Ether_Snake said:
5, PO, 巳, E3, PS3, 360, PC,

5 = Metal Gear Solid 5, set after MGS4.

PO and 巳 = Metal Gear Snake or Metal Gear Snakes (set right after LET, after the snakes are born, and ends before MG1)

E3, PS3, 360, PC, are self explanatory
But what about the R ?

WinFonda

I really think it's possible this next game is a segue or bridge from the Metal Gear universe to the Snatcher universe. And Otacon taking on the persona of Big Boss while also having near omniscient knowledge in robotics could make it believable.

Of course in this theoretical timeline, Raiden along with many other MGS4 cast members should still be alive

jett

D-Member
I'm still kinda pissed we didn't get this Raiden model in MGS4:

metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20060509075627055.jpg

Look at that face of pure badassery. But no, Kojima felt like chopping his balls off and making him look real girly. This new Raiden looks a bit more manly than what we got in MGS4, but not quite as awesome as what we could have had.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
thaOwner said:
But what about the R ?

Oh I forgot about that, probably the title of MGS5, like Metal Gear Solid: Raidens or whatever :lol

jett said:

Look at that face of pure badassery. But no, Kojima felt like chopping his balls off and making him look real girly. This new Raiden looks a bit more manly than what we got in MGS4, but not quite as awesome as what we could have had.

Actually, that early version of Raiden kinda looks like Quinton Flynn.

Nirolak said:
Here's a version without the clock:

Yay. Thanks.

Kowak

Banned
jett said:

metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20060509075627055.jpg

i hate looking at that pic, there is something not right about it.

jett

D-Member
Kowak said:
i hate looking at that pic, there is something not right about it.

maybe cuz that cut-scene takes place in a completely different place in the final game? :p Or maybe Raiden simply looks too badass.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
WinFonda said:
I really think it's possible this next game is a segue or bridge from the Metal Gear universe to the Snatcher universe. And Otacon taking on the persona of Big Boss while also having near omniscient knowledge in robotics could make it believable.

Of course in this theoretical timeline, Raiden along with many other MGS4 cast members should still be alive

Right I'm starting to think this is it, although the idea of Otacon being a bad ass Big Boss kinda guy is laughable, I wouldn't put it past Kojima.

I'm betting on this anyway, the Raiden in the picture is made by Otacon, it is a Snatcher.

The "red" eye is there just to remind us that it's not really Raiden, even with Snake's bandanna on his eye. It could be Raiden's actual head, but Raiden at this point would be actually dead, gone, finished, or living a normal life elsewhere. Whatever, this is a copy, a Snatcher.

Neiteio

My request will probably get lost in the shuffle, but anyone here nice enough to combine the "Raiden" and "Big Boss" images so that they form one crisp 'n clear 1280x800 wallpaper?

It's an odd size, and ideally no resolution would be lost. It'd be cool to have a desktop with "Raiden" on the left and "Big Boss" on the right.

*stares in wide-eyed hope*

Neiteio

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Decided to whip this up real quick. Click on the PSP-sized for a 720p-sized.

Whoa! Awesome! Raiden's a little higher up than Boss, but still all sorts of awesome.

If you could add some black space to the bottom so it becomes 1280x800, that'd be perfect! (The taskbar will fill some of the space at the bottom, and this way centering the desktop doesn't leave bars at the top.)

Kowak

Banned
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Decided to whip this up real quick. Click on the PSP-sized for a 720p-sized.

Whoa, Neiteio, good timing. o_O

i officially love you, i was gonn ask if someone could do this, my new wallpaper replacing big boss/solidous/snake/akiba/otacon

Neiteio

Can someone take that composite image, and have the bottom FADE into more black space so the overall pic is 1280x800? Then it'd fit the screen nice and snug. <3_<3

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I think the bandanna must be hiding some sort of very-mechanical-looking eye.

EDIT: Sunny and Otacon? No way. I mean Kojima wouldn't chop her fucking head off like that. It is definitly not Otacon, it is definitly Big Boss post MPO, before MG1. The other one I don't know.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
:lol I love how Gaf has given up speculating and is now just mushing Raiden and Snake's faces together.

Turk

Banana Kid said:
I dunno about Otacon as Big Boss, but I'm willing to believe that's Sunny. That eye's even girlier than we already expect from Raiden.

Again, my crazy .000001% guess at who this new Boss is...

35lxf03.jpg

:D

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
TTP said:
:lol

I meant a "proper" one. But you can already see how feminine the eye is. That's totally Sunny.

mto1ut.jpg

It is a perfect copy of Raiden's head, except the eye color.

But the model quality is of much higher resolution than the in-game models, it's like pre-rendered. Maybe this is...

A Metal Gear Advent Children type of deal?:p

Also, remember how much Meryl, Otacon, Snake, and Raiden's heads changed during MGS4's development.

I bet none of this is final at all.

Top Bottom