• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

jett said:
adobephotoshop.jpg

maybe_raiden.jpg

This is a shop?!

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Here's a 1920x1080 for anyone interested - scaled their heads a bit so it's slightly blurry but looks great on my screen!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/mdonatelli/raiden_bigboss.jpg

(sorry for the URL; btw, what's the code for linking an image via thumbnail?)
change your options in photobucket

or just right click on the thumbnail while you're there and copy it's link, then put it in the

So essentially this thread is about a website where Kojima fingers his ass hole every three days, people guessing which finger he'll use next and what said finger smells like?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
akachan ningen said:
Sort of like how Solid Snake as the lead became Naked Snake in MGS3? Oh wait, that was awesome.
Not really the same thing at all. The fact that Solid Snake was a clone of another guy has been known for ages. The fact that Sunny would grow up to look exactly like Raiden? No.

jett

D-Member
Chamber said:
Not really the same thing at all. The fact that Solid Snake was a clone of another guy has been known for ages. The fact that Sunny would grow up to look exactly like Raiden? No.

Even more ridiculous are the people suggesting it's GreyFox. You'd think Snake would've noticed Raiden looked exactly like him eh!?

Or maybe the R stands for Metal Gear Retarded: Yeah we are all batshit insane in here

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
autobzooty said:
my mind is splattered all over the inside of my skull right now.

how can we have a cyborg Raiden AND a non-grey-haired Big Boss?

MPO2, and Metal Gear Snatcher

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
MickeyKnox said:
So essentially this thread is about a website where Kojima fingers his ass hole every three days, people guessing which finger he'll use next and what said finger smells like?
All over your face.

WinFonda

autobzooty said:
my mind is splattered all over the inside of my skull right now.

how can we have a cyborg Raiden AND a non-grey-haired Big Boss?
A) These characters are from two separate games, and are unrelated
B) This is a post MGS4-game, and that's not actually Big Boss (and potentially not even Raiden)
C) Kojima is making a ton of continuity changes; or time travel is a plot device

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Kojima: "XXXXX XXXXX XXX". Well, it's not "X", but a "X" kind of feeling. That's him. I can't say the title yet, but it's this kind of feeling. But it's the Metal Gear saga's tradition.
Hamamura: The time period is XXX?
Kojima: No, it's XXX. I'm saying everything, maybe XXXXX. I'm designing and directing all of this game.
Hamamura: Wha!
Kojima: I think the focus will be domestic, and we're launching it globally. For me, this is like "XXXX". I won't say "X", but a solid story has been created, and the MGS4 staff is making it.
Hamamura: Wow! That's great.

Kojima: This time, only the image of this guy (image) will appear. Then lighting. Just this appearing, I wan everyone to guess. This is how XX's will be appearing.
Hamamura: This...is Big Boss?
Kojima: XX's way of appearing is slightly different.
Hamamura: Eh? Different...?

Kojima: The emblem on this guy's hat is important.
Hamamura: The emblem isn't a fox. There's like a world map thing drawn.
Kojima: It's not only an emblem, but for the game, it will be a new type of system.
Hamamura: Is it XX-XXXXXXXXXX?
Kojima: Yes. You'll while XXXXXXX. XXXX, etc. are a given, so they'll be included. Ooops, I've said more than I was planning to. (laughs)

Hamamura: Hahahahaha! Well XXXXXX, it's XXXXXXX? Also, where's the game going to be set?
Kojima: The place is XXXXXXX. XXXXXXXXX happened, and it's a XXXXX type of country. There isn't XXXXXXXX in the country, but they do have XX like things and XXXX. At that time, XXXXXX come to where the guy is.

Kojima: The theme is XX. XXXXX kinda thing or XXX theme, or XXXXXXXXXXXX, or why is there X, that's where we're drawing. Maybe everyone is probably thinking, "This sermon again!" Maybe this sermon will become a genre. (laughs)
Hamamura: Ahahahaha!
Kojima: This is quite a deep interview.
Hamamura: So true!

My translation attempt (just trying to replace the words in the Kotaku interview with what I think they are saying):

Kojima: A new cyborg ninja. It's not Raiden, but a Raiden kind of feeling. That's him. I can't say the title yet, but it's this kind of feeling. But it's the Metal Gear saga's tradition.

Hamamura: The release date is this year?

Kojima: No, it's later. Maybe 2010. I'm designing/directing.

Hamamura: What! (surprised cause he said he wouldn't do another MGS).

Kojima: We are working first and foremost on the Japanese version, but it is a global release. For me, this is like Metal Gear Solid. I won't call it "Solid", but it has a great story and all, the MGS4 staff is working on it.

Hamamura: Wow!

Kojima: At this time, only the image of this guy will appear (Big Boss, referring to the website). Just this. I want everyone to guess who it is. This is how Big Boss will look.

Hamamura: This... is Big Boss?

Kojima: Big Boss looks slightly different.

Hamamura: Different how?

Kojima: The emblem on his hat is important.

Kojima: It's not only an emblem, it's a new type of organization (it says system in the translation, I think this is wrong).

Hamamura: Is it like Outer Heaven?

Kojima: Yes. You'll see Outer Heaven, Zanzibar, also, they are a given, so they'll be included. Ooops, I've said more than I was planning to. (laughs)

Hamamura: Hahahahaha! Well Outer Heaven and Zanzibar? So where's the game going to be set?

Kojima: The place is ?????. ????? happened, and it's a civil war type of country. There isn't any government in the country, but they do have armies and such. At that time, war follows Big Boss (or some such I don't know).

Kojima: The theme is war. Warfare, conflict, why soldiers fight kinda of theme, that's where we're going. Maybe everyone is probably thinking, "This sermon again!" Maybe this sermon will become a genre. (laughs)

Slurmer

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
My translation attempt (just trying to replace the words in the Kotaku interview with what I think they are saying):

Kojima: A new cyborg ninja. It's not Raiden, but a Raiden kind of feeling. That's him. I can't say the title yet, but it's this kind of feeling. But it's the Metal Gear saga's tradition.

Hamamura: The release date is this year?

Kojima: No, it's later. Maybe 2010. I'm designing/directing.

Hamamura: What! (surprised cause he said he wouldn't do another MGS).

Kojima: We are working first and foremost on the Japanese version, but it is a global release. For me, this is like Metal Gear Solid. I won't call it "Solid", but it has a great story and all, the MGS4 staff is working on it.

Hamamura: Wow!

Kojima: At this time, only the image of this guy will appear (Big Boss, referring to the website). Just this. I want everyone to guess who it is. This is how Big Boss will look.

Hamamura: This... is Big Boss?

Kojima: Big Boss looks slightly different.

Hamamura: Different how?

Kojima: The emblem on his hat is important.

Kojima: It's not only an emblem, it's a new type of organization (it says system in the translation, I think this is wrong).

Hamamura: Is it like Outer Heaven?

Kojima: Yes. You'll see Outer Heaven, Zanzibar, also, they are a given, so they'll be included. Ooops, I've said more than I was planning to. (laughs)

Hamamura: Hahahahaha! Well Outer Heaven and Zanzibar? So where's the game going to be set?

Kojima: The place is ?????. ????? happened, and it's a civil war type of country. There isn't any government in the country, but they do have armies and such. At that time, war follows Big Boss (or some such I don't know).

Kojima: The theme is war. Warfare, conflict, why soldiers fight kinda of theme, that's where we're going. Maybe everyone is probably thinking, "This sermon again!" Maybe this sermon will become a genre. (laughs)

:lol somebody just posted this on /v/ as being legit

iceatcs

Not sure if the countdown delay or change on mine.

I thought it was end on 30th in Japan, however the new time is end on 2nd June @ 7am in Japan, or 1st June @ 3pm in LA.

Blablurn

iceatcs said:

I thought it was end on 30th in Japan, however the new time is end on 2nd June @ 7am in Japan, or 1st June @ 3pm in LA.

dum dum duuuuumm

DCharlie

Banned
ponder: with Kojima wanting to do something 'westerny' feeling, i wonder if he'll take Assassins Creed's style and move MGS5 to be a more open world game ? Where you are on a huge map and the game plays out LIKE THE GOOD PARTS OF MGS4 (ACT 1 and 2) over a large scale?

I can but hope

WhiteAce said:
ponder: with Kojima wanting to do something 'westerny' feeling, i wonder if he'll take Assassins Creed's style and move MGS5 to be a more open world game ? Where you are on a huge map and the game plays out LIKE THE GOOD PARTS OF MGS4 (ACT 1 and 2) over a large scale?

I can but hope

He said the first game that he will announce (which appears to be this MG) will be developed in the same way that he has made game in the past. In the Famitsu interview he also points out that this MG will be geared toward Japan. It's the second game that he's directing that will be developed in a Western style.

Guyver

WhiteAce said:

I can but hope

Plus the weather system.... rain/thunder/wind

WinFonda

WhiteAce said:

I can but hope
Well, he's said this next MGS will be geared towards Japanese audiences. This could be taken a number of different ways, but I think it basically means it will be typical of what his studio has offered in the past. Seeing as it is an MGS game, that makes sense.

The other game he's rumored to be working on Lord of Shadow, or Project Mask, is probably the western geared title he's been alluding too.

jett

D-Member
iceatcs said:

Aw snap. Weird thing is that's actually several hours after the Microsoft conference. I'm guessing we get another update and a final 48hour countdown for wednesday, just in time for Konami's press conference.

If this game turns out to be multiplatform, or if a MGS4 port surfaces, you know what? All the better. Maybe the blind devotion to MGS4 will finally die in this forum.

Slurmer

Banned
iceatcs said:

The MS conference is 10:30 am Pacific time, so it looks like this will be ending after that conference is over. More timers, perhaps??? YAY!!

Please be a proper PS3 game, please be a proper PS3 game...

I like Portable Ops, but man, I really want another next-gen MGS game.

BTW, that is SO TOTALLY Sunny.

jett said:
If this game turns out to be multiplatform, or if a MGS4 port surfaces, you know what? All the better. Maybe the blind devotion to MGS4 will finally die in this forum.

That would have absolutely no negative effect whatsoever on the MGS4 circle jerk. Probably just bring in more jerkers.

iceatcs

Slurmer said:
The MS conference is 10:30 am Pacific time, so it looks like this will be ending after that conference is over. More timers, perhaps??? YAY!!
Well I think there is one more after this date. Not sure.

Ether_Snake said:
MPO2, and Metal Gear Snatcher
We don't need both. Big Boss is a Snatcher, too. Fuck it, why not? MGS5's big twist will make nanomachine shit seem weak: everyone was always a Snatcher. The End was the first Snatcher; he was really the beginning.

flabberghastly said:
We don't need both. Big Boss is a Snatcher, too. Fuck it, why not? MGS5's big twist will make nanomachine shit seem weak: everyone was always a Snatcher. The End was the first Snatcher; he was really the beginning.
Wouldn't doubt it at all.

Top Bottom