• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

inner-G

Banned
My (poor) attempt of cover:

Soul Calibur Broken Destiny
looks good doesn't it

End of Eterninty
(blurry) new system?

Queen's Blade
(something about romance?)

SD Gundam
G Generation Wars?
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of (Basasu?)

-Kojima Interview
-Something about the world of MGS
-Kojima production B.S.

davygee

Banned
So the new timer ends:

3pm Pacific time on 1st June (7am Tokyo time on 2nd June)

Going by what's being said here, the MS conference is at 10.30am on 1st June PST, whereas the Konami conference is at 3pm on 3rd June PST.

I think the timer will change again and be added to, to coincide with the Konami conference...so it will probably add another 48 hours to it closer to the time.

Blablurn said:
i don't think that the first showing of the trailer would take take place at the konami conference.

Seeing how we're getting every E3 trailer before E3 actually starts, I wouldn't be sure of anything anymore regarding when they're going to reveal it.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Flek said:
so its for psp or ps3 ... i like that! Lets hope its exlusive :D
Yes. I too would like as few people to play this as possible.

JJmdrSGUn.png

Thrakier

I too hope it's exclusive. Why? Because I own both consoles and Multiplat games don't help me at all. If they have more time and can invest all their money in only one version I think that's the best for me as a multiplat owner. However I don't have any problem with later ports.

Hesemonni said:

I for one pray it's PS3 exclusive, that'll cut down greatly on the fanboy bickering about the game leading up to it. Just shut the Xbots out and shut them up. Also keep the Sony haters from having too much ammo. I know there's good Xbox fans but I don't give a shit about anybody but myself.

Of course Sonyfriends would preen and gloat, but it'll be less annoying and easier to deal with the MGS hype topics

Also better for all their efforts to be focused on the one platform, max it out

WinFonda

First of all, in the grand scheme of things, what does it matter? Ports and multiplatform business aren't done because the console fanbase of one system "is fine with it" like your dating their sister or something. It's a business decision that is out of everyone's hands.

It's not wrong to want a game to go multiplatform. Especially if you only own a 360. It's not wrong to want to see the game stay exclusive, especially if you own a PS3. Why would someone who only owns a PS3 want it to stay exclusive? Because there is no reciprocation involved with these sorts of things. It's not a charity that goes both ways. 3rd party exclusives do exist on both platforms (contrary to popular belief) and some of them don't seem to be going anywhere. I suppose we are to assume you all will go on and picket some random 3rd party 360 exclusive to come to the PS3 but we know that's really not going to happen. Because at the end of the day the Xbox fans want to retain their exclusives as well.

Other than that, if your concern is about reaching as many people as possible (and I don't know why this is a fan concern by the way, since fans aren't likely to be prohibited by a console exclusive) then there's no real reason to stop at an Xbox port. Cross-platform development is pure profit driven. There may as well be a Wii version. Maybe even some handheld spin-offs.

Fact of the matter is, if developers could focus on just developing one game and have it release on all systems, they would do it. They would have a much higher quality and polished game for everyone -- and it would take much less effort on their part. And they want to reach as many people as possible in terms of sales and letting people play their games.

Some developers really don't have the staff or the tech to pull off simultaneous multiplatform development. And some really just want to focus on fulfilling a vision. I'm unsure where Kojima's team falls in there and whether or not they can handle the stress of multiplatform development. And I would fear for a drop in quality or cost cutting measures of some kind. That said, if they can do it, then great. But as a fan, I want that quality as high as possible, and a risk sacrificing that so that "other fans" can play it just doesn't make sense to me -- because I think the "other fans" by and large will be playing it, as I said, regardless of platform.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Ciccio_Drink said:
Because there's a huge gap in quality between exclusives and multi?
You really think that'll be an issue on a game thats built on MGS4's engine? If anything, the 360 port would be lacking since the engine was designed around PS3.

revolverjgw said:
I for one pray it's PS3 exclusive, that'll cut down greatly on the fanboy bickering about the game leading up to it. Just shut the Xbots out and shut them up. Also keep the Sony haters from having too much ammo. I know there's good Xbox fans but I don't give a shit about anybody but myself.

Well, the problem is that if it's exclusive, we'll have three to four years of 360 fanboys ceaselessly bringing tweeters and other groundless sources about how MGS5 is totally going to the 360 and Sony to lose their last exclusive and whatnot. But if it is multiplatform, it will be system wars again as well. In the end, enjoying the game is what matters the least.

I just wish there was a way for people to stop ruining MGS threads, but it's going to happen either way.

davygee

Banned
WinFonda said:
First of all, in the grand scheme of things, what does it matter? Ports and multiplatform business aren't done because the console fanbase of one system "is fine with it" like your dating their sister or something. It's a business decision that is out of everyone's hands.

It's not wrong to want a game to go multiplatform. Especially if you only own a 360. It's not wrong to want to see the game stay exclusive, especially if you own a PS3. Why would someone who only owns a PS3 want it to stay exclusive? Because there is no reciprocation involved with these sorts of things. It's not a charity that goes both ways. 3rd party exclusives do exist on both platforms (contrary to popular belief) and some of them don't seem to be going anywhere. I suppose we are to assume you all will go on and picket some random 3rd party 360 exclusive to come to the PS3 but we know that's really not going to happen. Because at the end of the day the Xbox fans want to retain their exclusives as well.

Other than that, if your concern is about reaching as many people as possible (and I don't know why this is a fan concern by the way, since fans aren't likely to be prohibited by a console exclusive) then there's no real reason to stop at an Xbox port. Cross-platform development is pure profit driven. There may as well be a Wii version. Maybe even some handheld spin-offs.

Fact of the matter is, if developers could focus on just developing one game and have it release on all systems, they would do it. They would have a much higher quality and polished game for everyone -- and it would take much less effort on their part. And they want to reach as many people as possible in terms of sales and letting people play their games.

Some developers really don't have the staff or the tech to pull off simultaneous multiplatform development. And some really just want to focus on fulfilling a vision. I'm unsure where Kojima's team falls in there and whether or not they can handle the stress of multiplatform development. And I would fear for a drop in quality or cost cutting measures of some kind. That said, if they can do it, then great. But as a fan, I want that quality as high as possible, and a risk sacrificing that so that "other fans" can play it just doesn't make sense to me -- because I think the "other fans" by and large will be playing it, as I said, regardless of platform.

I agree mostly with what you are saying, but the major point I have to make is that MGS4 was a "BIG" game with regards to the space it used on the 50Gb BR disc (I think it was around 35Gb eventually). Now it's pretty obvious that Kojima likes to produce games of the utmost quality, while includes graphics and audio and hence the huge amount of disc space used for MGS4. Porting MGS4 to the 360, unless the quality of the cutscenes and audio was drastically reduced. Seeing as 360 discs hold under 7Gb of data, it would require 5 discs for the same information, and isn't there some ridiculous charges for using multiple discs with MS? Anyway, I think it's in Kojimas interests to maintain a PS3 exclusive MGS series for now, unless he wants to go down the download PSN/XBLA route.

Victarion

Philanthropist said:
Well, the problem is that if it's exclusive, we'll have three to four years of 360 fanboys ceaselessly bringing tweeters and other groundless sources about how MGS5 is totally going to the 360 and Sony to lose their last exclusive and whatnot. But if it is multiplatform, it will be system wars again as well. In the end, enjoying the game is what matters the least.

I just wish there was a way for people to stop ruining MGS threads, but it's going to happen either way.

:lol

True.

GrayFoxPL

Just wanted to say I'm fucking up my job because of you guys, but please, continue. :lol

Just no platform wars yet, more photoshops and theories. :D

My simple guess it's that "Project S" had been incorporated as a "solid" link between MGS and Snatcher.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Philanthropist said:

It takes at least two to ruin a thread. One to post a senseless troll post, and another to angrily reply and escalate the situation. If people just ignored the obvious trolls then they would be, literally, left powerless.

But alas, some people's egos are just too big and can't bear the thought of leaving a swipe at their favourite game go uncontested, lest someone read the troll post and believe it. Siiigh.

Lord Phol

Just hope it's for PS3, all these mobile phones and psp games I can't play is making me very sad :(.
Oh and I dig the in-between Snatcher/MGS idea, this series really need something fresh.

davygee said:
Does anyone have a theory about the barcode on the head on the new pic of Raiden/Grey Fox from the teaser site?

Ahem, yes....

Pitch Black Flint said:
This is the new Metal Gear. After all, the Gekko's were composed of mechanical and biological parts. Now they're just becoming more humanized. This makes perfect sense. Bi-pedal walking battle tanks-->Biological/mechanized hybrids-->Mass produced cyborg ninjas. Damn. Why didn't we see this coming?

davygee

Banned
Pitch Black Flint said:
This is the new Metal Gear. After all, the Gekko's were composed of mechanical and biological parts. Now they're just becoming more humanized. This makes perfect sense. Bi-pedal walking battle tanks-->Biological/mechanized hybrids-->Mass produced cyborg ninjas. Damn. Why didn't we see this coming?

Which means that this is not Raiden/Grey Fox....but maybe a clone of Raiden/Grey Fox...hence the barcode and eye colour change.

Right, it's getting clearer.

Gasp, what a megaton. Long-running PlayStation exclusive remains PlayStation exclusive. Alert the presses, this one's gonna make the front of the Times.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
neojubei said:
What are you talking about? You should ask Capcom about that with Lost Planet 2.
LP2 is coming out on PS3. I will take a one month ban if it isn't mentioned before the end of this year.

Top Bottom