• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
It actually looks like MGS4 will be the first "Solid" game that doesn't have an expansion. Kind of surprising actually.

Metal Gear Online had more than enough expansions nobody gives a shit about.

SolidSnakex said:
So IGN is now saying that it's a 360 exclusive.

Hmm I am confused. I am thinking Kojima has MGS5 for PS3 tomorrow with the PSP MGS announcement. The reveal hasn't been fully revealed yet as there is 50+ more minutes until another teaser is revealed so...

SolidSnakex said:
I saw that earlier and Jim just posted the Konami press release in the other thread and it makes no mention of any exclusivity.
IGNorant.com strikes again.

But if you goto Kojima's site there is still about 40minutes until the next reveal so I have a feeling Sony is getting MGS5 or a new game with Big Boss and this Raiden one was a way to appease Micro.

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html
Yup. And we've been told KP has multiple announcements.

Jim

It's definitely not listed as exclusive in either MS or Konami's PRs, and the post-MS Press Conference Konami email was as vague as you can get:

KONAMI ANNOUNCES THE FIRST METAL GEAR SOLID® TITLE FOR THE XBOX 360® METAL GEAR SOLID®: RISING

Raiden Stars in the First Metal Gear Solid Game to Hit the Xbox 360®

El Segundo, Calif. - June 1, 2009 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., announced today that Metal Gear Solid: Rising is currently in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft - the first Metal Gear Solid game to launch on the Xbox 360®. Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the Metal Gear Solid universe, will star in the all-new title from Hideo Kojima. Raiden first debuted in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system as a playable character and appeared as a non-playable cyborg in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

"The Metal Gear Solid series is one of the most highly acclaimed video game franchises of all time," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "With Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the Xbox 360 community will finally get a chance to enjoy the action and excitement that this popular franchise is known to offer."

Metal Gear Solid: Rising is scheduled to be released on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system. For more information on Konami, please visit: http://www.konami.com.

But who knows.

LovingSteam said:
But if you goto Kojima's site there is still about 40minutes until the next reveal so I have a feeling Sony is getting MGS5 or a new game with Big Boss and this Raiden one was a way to appease Micro.
Nah, I think it's safe to assume MGSR is multiplatform. You know Mattrick would've been insufferable if that wasn't the case. Tomorrow at the Sony conference Kojima will unveil the PSP MGS game -- probably Portable Ops.

But I'll make an additional prediction for tomorrow's conference: since Mass Effect 2 wasn't shown at the Microsoft conference, it will be at the Sony one. I'll take a one week ban bet on that.

Jim said:
It's definitely not listed as exclusive in either MS or Konami's PRs, and the post-MS Press Conference Konami email was as vague as you can get:

But who knows.

If this were an exclusive i'd think MS would be singing from the rooftops about it. Yet they list it along with multiplatform games in their PR and Konami says nothing about it being exclusive in their own PR.

Kowak

Banned
i would love it if kojima is fucking with everyone and there will be an exclusive x box mgs and an exclusive ps3 mgs and the only way to find out the ending is to own both versions so forcing everyone to buy the console they dont own.

panda21

Kowak said:
i would love it if kojima is fucking with everyone and there will be an exclusive x box mgs and an exclusive ps3 mgs and the only way to find out the ending is to own both versions so forcing everyone to buy the console they dont own.

or perhaps you have to buy both to be able to play the game at all :lol

Solo

Epic letdown am confirmed. Nice for 360-only (Im a PS360 gamer myself) gamers to get some MGS action finally, but seriously, Lightning Bolt Action? :lol :lol :lol

[HP]

SolidSnakex said:
If this were an exclusive i'd think MS would be singing from the rooftops about it. Yet they list it along with multiplatform games in their PR and Konami says nothing about it being exclusive in their own PR.

good point!

Blader

jett said:
Not Raiden huh? Not Raiden huh?

Not enough :lol :lol :lol for you people.

:lol awesome

Anyway, I don't care what console this is on, I just want to play it. Somebody else mentioned that the designer on MGS:R is the same guy who did the dream sequence in MGS3, which is awesome if true.

Didn't MGS:Rising get announced in the 'exclusive' section of the MS press conference? I admit I was kind of skipping forward to the Metal Gear bit so I could have misunderstood.

Seems silly with an established franchise already in place on PS3 though. MGS5 with BB would make it all better though. Damn PSP.

edit: There was no mention of PS3 when GTA4 got announced at the MSS conference either IIRC.

Blader

Solo said:
Epic letdown am confirmed. Nice for 360-only (Im a PS360 gamer myself) gamers to get some MGS action finally, but seriously, Lightning Bolt Action? :lol :lol :lol

eh? People have been hoping for a Metal Gear Raiden since MGS4 came out. Now we have one.

Besides, what do you care? I thought you were finished with this franchise =P

Cartman86

Banned
Blader5489 said:
:lol awesome

Anyway, I don't care what console this is on, I just want to play it. Somebody else mentioned that the designer on MGS:R is the same guy who did the dream sequence in MGS3, which is awesome if true.

If it's actually not made by Kojima himself then it's not that exciting for me. We're going to find out in a couple days the truth behind it all and the hype will probably die down a little. The only time I will get unhealthily excited is if Kojima himself is designing a game. That being said ZOE wasn't made by Kojima himself, so this could be a cool game... or it could be Derge of Cerberus. I have a 360, PS3 and Wii so I don't care what console Kojima makes his next game on, but I do care that he is making it.

Cosmozone

Kuroyume said:
Maybe the PS3 gets the Snake version of the title?
that sounds actually somewhat logical. Or perhaps a two-way strategy with whole different game. Let's just wait and see. I don't know enough to get excited. (Still want to know more about the mask game).

Solo

Blader5489 said:
eh? People have been hoping for a Metal Gear Raiden since MGS4 came out. Now we have one.

Besides, what do you care? I thought you were finished with this franchise =P

Who are these people?

And with this move, I guess I pretty much am done with the franchise*. MGS4 was a crapfest, but at least we hadnt devolved into spinoffs with it.

*I reserve the right to do a 180 if the game turns out awesome, lulz

-viper-

Banned
OMGZ MGSR IS A 360 EXCLUSI.... no it isn't.

Don't you think the whole conference would've been about how MGS is exclusive to the 360 if it really was?

Blader

Solo said:
Who are these people?

Not you obviously =P I can't exactly provide a census of this, but there was a lot of "I want to play a Metal Gear Raiden" remarks after MGS4 came out, and even going as far back as the first time we saw ninja Raiden in a trailer.

Solo said:
And with this move, I guess I pretty much am done with the franchise*. MGS4 was a crapfest, but at least we hadnt devolved into spinoffs with it.

Portable Ops? Ghost Babel? Acid? Acid 2? This is not the first MG spinoff.

Solo

Blader5489 said:
Portable Ops? Ghost Babel? Acid? Acid 2? This is not the first MG spinoff.

None of those are console titles, though. I dont play handhelds, and as such, tend not to give a shit about them.

Kowak

Banned
Blader5489 said:
Not you obviously =P I can't exactly provide a census of this, but there was a lot of "I want to play a Metal Gear Raiden" remarks after MGS4 came out, and even going as far back as the first time we saw ninja Raiden in a trailer.

i thought it would be cool as to play with someone who looked like that, but never liked the raiden character. he is just annoying. maybe now that he has grown up a bit will make it more fun.

WrikaWrek

Banned
So that is Raiden.

Love how these "real fans" like Ravenfox and shit that are deep into the lore couldn't even call something as fucking simple as this.

Owned. It's Raiden. Called it. Like others. With common sense.

Solo

If they were going to pander to fans, why not go with the much older, much cooler fan-wank - Metal Gear Liquid?

Kowak

Banned
It started twenty days ago and has been across emails, mags and teaser sites and over 6000 posts.

been fun guys, cya on the other side.

panda21

looks like konami's infrastructure skills are back in effect now the countdown is about to find out.

get the page to load in about 6 or 7 hours.

agm2502

I doubt MGS: Rising is Xbox exclusive, I would think that Microsft would have to pay massive amounts to get exclusivity. I don't think Xbox only owners care to much to for MGS for it to be worth it for microsoft to pay for exclusivity.

It's just so Microsoft can say that there will be no 3rd party exclusives for PS3.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it always ruins the fantasy when a countdown ends on zero and nothing happens

Top Bottom