• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

wsippel

Banned
Even if it's true: Kojima Productions just released a new game a few weeks ago. It didn't get great reviews and it didn't sell millions. If you didn't know that, stop speculating. Kojima Productions is not all MGS and ZoE. ;)

Yazus

Jason's Ultimatum said:
WELCOME TO THE CARNIVAL OF STUPID! (Bioshock vending machine music playing)
Holy shit, you guessed the music that was playing in my mind entering in this thread

wsippel said:
Even if it's true: Kojima Productions just released a new game a few weeks ago. It didn't get great reviews and it didn't sell millions. If you didn't know that, stop speculating. Kojima Productions is not all MGS and ZoE. ;)

Well, this is likely one of the two games that Kojima has said that he's directing. So, it's going to be something good. With that said, the fact that they appear to be unveiling or announcing it now instead of at E3 says a lot about how "big" it is. As gofreak said earlier, it's probably a new version of MGS4 or some small game.

The second project he's working on is the one to keep an eye on. That's the project they're going to make with the overseas market in mind.

Ephemeris

If it's Metal Gear or ZOE related, I will purchase it.

That is all.

unless it's some stupid MGO addon. fuck that shit

Wollan

MGS4 subsistence for multiplatform (including PC, maybe Mac!).

The grand productions of that game is too big for 'only' 4.5m copies imo.
Bigger than GTA4, bigger than anything else this gen. I'm in awe every time I think about the content and fine tuning of every aspect of the MGS4 story campaign.

Amir0x

Banned
shagg_187 said:
No PS3? Well in that case, Power to you brother! If it does land on 360 I hope you enjoy the living hell outta it!

Still waiting for $299 + backward compatibility :lol

Amir0x

Banned
i had the PS3 in hand with me at the cash register, when i decided i needed to buy another game I didn't like so I could post about it on GAF first.

AlStrong

Obligatory,

50fj0j.jpg

I want to believe

Kibbles

If it was MGS for 360, it would be announced at E3. It'll probably just be something little like the iPhone game.

FrankT

Let's not forget that Kojima actually had to say this at GDC;

Among many other questions, we asked the visionary designer, "What type of project do you want to work on next?" While no concrete name, genre or details were given, Kojima did say that work was indeed underway and that "An official game announcement will be made at E3."

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/966/966297p1.html

So I kind of doubt of full reveal will happen by end of the week. Teaser site of something coming most likely.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:
i was going to get one, but then i decided to plan a trip to Iceland
You're like the Afroman of PS3 threads.

I was gonna clean my room, but then I got high

Lakitu said:
Wait, I thought Kojima said he is directing MGS 5 again (at GDC) and that he would announce it at E3?

From what I remember, he said that he refuses to drop Metal Gear until he makes the "perfect stealth game" and he also said that MGS4 was not the perfect stealth game.

Coupled with images from his presentation, he was hinting pretty strongly that we'll get more Metal Gear of some kind, be it Metal Gear Raiden, more Big Boss stuff, or full 3D versions of Metal Gear 1 & 2 (<--That's what I'm hoping for) is all up for speculation.

wsippel

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Well, this is likely one of the two games that Kojima has said that he's directing. So, it's going to be something good. With that said, the fact that they appear to be unveiling or announcing it now instead of at E3 says a lot about how "big" it is. As gofreak said earlier, it's probably a new version of MGS4 or some small game.

The second project he's working on is the one to keep an eye on. That's the project they're going to make with the overseas market in mind.
Why is this likely? Not every game by Kojima Productions is directed by Kojima. Most games aren't. ZoE isn't Kojima, either, as far as I know. It could be anything. And didn't Kojima himself say last year or so that his next game after MGS4 would be small and more experimental, because he needs a break after that huge project? Even if the rumor is true, and even if he's directing, I wouldn't be surprised to see another DS game or something like that.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I want MGS4 for Xbox. The sole reason I haven't purchased a PS3 is because I am waiting for something to happen this E3 in regards to a 360 edition :lol If it doesn't get announced Ill buy a PS3.

Not a hardcore MGS fan, just enjoy the games and wanna play the finale!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
chubigans said:
PS3 is forever.

Actually... with maximum 10 year lifecycle, 2 and a half years into it...

We're looking at a PS3 is 7.5 years..... at most.

Haunted

Amir0x said:
I hope it's MGS4 for 360, but we'll see.
You haven't played MGS4 yet?

edit: oh, answered on the second page already, my apologies. You should play it, it's pretty good.

Top Bottom