• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
There is something so incredibly depressing about the way we grasp at hoaxes :(

Prothero said:
Is it at all possible that Kojima Productions will be making multiple game announcements at E3?

Yeah, Nojiri (Ac!d director) apparently has had a game in development for awhile now.

Edit: Scratch that, it looks like Nojiri isn't even add KojiPro anymore. Odd.

StuBurns

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, Nojiri (Ac!d director) apparently has had a game in development for awhile now.

Edit: Scratch that, it looks like Nojiri isn't even add KojiPro anymore. Odd.
That's really disappointing to hear, I was looking forward to seeing what he was working on. Where did you read he'd left?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I just noticed on that KP staff page that they have three producers other than Kojima (and Ken, but Ken is executive producer, which means he overseas all producers), which would imply that it is quite likely that they have at least three games in development right now.

Ether_Snake said:
I just noticed on that KP staff page that they have three producers other than Kojima (and Ken, but Ken is executive producer, which means he overseas all producers), which would imply that it is quite likely that they have at least three games in development right now.

Two Kojima directed games and a wildcard (MURATA!).

StuBurns

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Wasn't Ken a producer on MGS4? And he wasn't the only one. I don't think they just do one producer to each project. Thought three, or more wouldn't surprise me.

leroidys

Its going to be DLC for the iphone game :p

Am I the only one who wants to see a ds MGS? The limiting hardware would serve to make the game less rediculous and more focused IMO. A return to MGS1 (though I've loved the games since, it would be refreshing.)

StuBurns

Banned
leroidys said:
Its going to be DLC for the iphone game :p

Am I the only one who wants to see a ds MGS? The limiting hardware would serve to make the game less rediculous and more focused IMO. A return to MGS1 (though I've loved the games since, it would be refreshing.)
MPO is the one I'd say was least 'ridiculous', and by far the worst.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
stuburns said:
Wasn't Ken a producer on MGS4? And he wasn't the only one. I don't think they just do one producer to each project. Thought three, or more wouldn't surprise me.

Ken is now executive producer, that's higher than producer, it means he oversees all productions of KP.

Three producers on one game is retarded. You have ONE producer, and one potential assistant producer.

So Kojima would have one producer under him at most. Then that leaves you with two more. And considering the size of KP, I'd say that means around three or four projects total being in production. If one of them is an actual new PS3 or PS360 MG game, then put this at two or three games in production, most likely two.

EDIT: MGS1 was the less ridiculous MGS, followed closely enough by MGS3 and MPO.

leroidys

stuburns said:
MPO is the one I'd say was least 'ridiculous', and by far the worst.

Yeah that's the one canonical MGS I haven't played so I can't comment. Was it mainly because of the controls though? The ds could make it work with tousch screen + dpad I feel like.

StuBurns

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Three producers on one game is retarded. You have ONE producer, and one potential assistant producer.
MGS4 Credits:
Producers: Kenchiro Imaizumi, Yoshikazu Matsuhana, Kazuki Muraoka

MGS4 is retard... Confirmed.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
stuburns said:
MGS4 Credits:
Producers: Kenchiro Imaizumi, Yoshikazu Matsuhana, Kazuki Muraoka

MGS4 is retard... Confirmed.

Who was executive producer?

If it was one of them, then it fits with what I said: One executive producer, one producer, one assistant producer. For a big project like MGS this is what you would expect.

So if they are making a new big MGS game now, they would still have one producer at least for another project, and that is without counting Kojima.

StuBurns

Banned
B.K. said:
I wish they'd remake Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 for PS3.
Oh hell no.

MG1 is pretty crap, and MG2 is basically identical to MGS1, which itself was only remade a few years ago.

Fuck remakes. It's just a waste of resources.

Ether_Snake said:
Who was executive producer?

If it was one of them, then it fits with what I said: One executive producer, one producer, one assistant producer. For a big project like MGS this is what you would expect.
I didn't list the other producers, only the ones titled 'producer', there are other executive producers, and Ryan Payton was assistant producer.

It doesn't fit what you said, you are wrong. And just called Kojima Productions retards, making your avatar deliciously ironic.

Not sure if posted but

http://kotaku.com/5267167/is-kojima-working-on-lords-of-shadow

screenshot_215411_01.jpg

Stillmatic

Guled

if it really is ZoE3, Kojima already won E3, nothing MS, Capcom, Sony, or Nintendo brings out will be able to top it

Top Bottom