• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Tracks for Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlan

WU_WOODS is probably that track we saw a tiny image when they first announced the DLC.

Wario's_Woods_NES.jpg

It's not gonna be, but I think it'd be funny if it were

Simbabbad

Like some others, I think Baby Park was very fun on Gamecube, but I'm not sure it'd fit the items of Mario Kart 8 (in particular the damn red shells, the best thing about Double Dash was the way you could avoid them).

Neo Bowser City would fit the game well, it feels very "F-Zero".

Tevious

Never understood the love for Baby Park. Its too chaotic and random. There's almost no skill factor involved. And it's just a simple loop, so not much for scenery.

TheMoon

What if Baby Park is now upside down and basically a giant vertical loop? Basically Death Race from F-Zero X.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also if we're to get another flat course I'd rather it be based on the SNES or GBA versions since they didn't get much love in 8.

Baby Park just wont be good for me without the giant koopa shell of double dash tearing with reckless abandon across both sides of the track, I'm in agreement with those saying it was a track that benefited from Double Dash's items and was an absolute bore in DS.

Neo Bowser City is one of my favourites from 3DS so hell yes to that making the cut, hoping that there's some neat surprises in store from the other new tracks.
On paper the woodland track supported with one whole image of a starting grid looks and sounds kind of safe but who knows what it will actually be like.

Razmos

> Didn't understand what all the fuss about Baby Park was
>> Looked it up on youtube.

That, in 200CC? are you kidding?

mclem

Yeah, to be honest, that's my realistic expectation too. Before someone on Twitter mentioned it might be Metroid, I was thinking about a subway-esque track personally.

Still, I like to live in hope. :)

I was thinking more metropolis than subway (because there isn't really a city track in MK8, is there? Toad Harbor's closeish, but not quite what I have in mind), but both fit.

Roo

lol this is from that 3DSfan guy from GameFAQS who swears he datamined the game right after the first pack came out with no reliable source but tales from his ass

Can't wait to see this hype train crash hard...

Edit: even OP didn't bother to quote a source lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was thinking more metropolis than subway (because there isn't really a city track in MK8, is there? Toad Harbor's closeish, but not quite what I have in mind), but both fit.

Well Neo Bowser City, if this rumour comes true, is a city based stage.

WonderzL

Banned
lol this is from that 3DSfan guy from GameFAQS who swears he datamined the game right after the first pack came out with no reliable source but tales from his ass

noooooooo i want neo bowser cityyyyyyyy

This would explain Neo Bowser City and not Neo Koopa City.

Berordn

+1 to "Baby Park is only good with Giant Shells and Bananas"

Crazy eights might lead to any okay time, at least.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I've heard the methods for datamining MK8 are being kept close to certain individuals chests which means it's rather hard to confirm much of what they say.

TourianTourist

Neo Member

The original source was Brawl Custom Music, who should have the necessary tools to check the files and everything.

Robin64

If it's wrong, then well, I apologise.

I got it from the MKWii forums, where they all seemed to be talking about it as a thing.

RGamer2009

Neo Member
I would be very upset if Baby Park got in, because that has been redone twice!

The Gamecube course that deserves to be brought back in all its HD glory is THIS BAD BOY HERE:

latest

I would go nuts if this was in the DLC pack. Imagine the possibilities with Anti-Gravity! @.@

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I would be very upset if Baby Park got in, because that has been redone twice!

The Gamecube course that deserves to be brought back in all its HD glory is THIS BAD BOY HERE:

latest

I would go nuts if this was in the DLC pack. Imagine the possibilities with Anti-Gravity! @.@

Yes. YES.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They oughta throw in Waluigi Pinball, too, because Waluigi Pinball.

While it is one of my favourite courses I'd rather have new courses or retro courses that haven't been done before. SNES RR returning after being in 7 was a bit of a blow and so another 7 retro course would be a bit of a bitter pill to swallow.

L~A

About the Animal Crossing track. It's called "WU_ANIMAL".

One of the official screenshots for Isabelle is called "123419_Animal_Shizue" (not Animal_Crossing).
Another one showing the Girl Villagers is called "Random123417_Animal_AnimalGirl".

So I think this is legit. If not, the guys certainly did his homework.

Also:

This is most likely the Woods level. Doesn't seem inspired by Kirby, though it's hard to tell with such a tiny pic.

Roo

I've heard the methods for datamining MK8 are being kept close to certain individuals chests which means it's rather hard to confirm much of what they say.

What I meant is that the guy who originally posted the info never had a proper source. No link, no video, no evidence but his word about it being from "someone else" in this case; Brawl Custom Music.
However, no one but him made noise about it which make things look extremely fishy.

I'm not saying it can't happen (it definitely can) but people shouldn't trust stuff like this without some actual proof first.

Strangely enough, I can't find the original post from GameFAQS but here's the guy's profile and if you google "gamefaqs Nin3DSFan dlc" you'll find a lot of threads about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom