• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Tracks for Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

I hated Neo Bowser City. But Baby Park makes up for it. It's crazy that this DLC comes out NEXT WEEK and we know one track and two cars.

Does the second DLC have a release date? I hadn't played MK8 in a couple months and was surprised it still wasn't out when I booted it up last weekend.

Robin64

Does the second DLC have a release date? I hadn't played MK8 in a couple months and was surprised it still wasn't out when I booted it up last weekend.

Yep, April 23rd.

Also has 200cc.

200cc-screen.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the level is called Wario Woods.

You're right. It has 200cc instead.

So Baby Park will last all of 20 seconds? The track is insanely short and only makes up for it in lap count, but at 200cc speed, laps will only be seconds long.

I like the course and it was a riot in DD, but a lot of what make it crazy in DD isn't in 8.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
GAF Excitebike is true brutality.

I remember when the first DLC dropped in November and you tell yourself it's gonna be such a long time until the next pack and it's already here.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
About the Animal Crossing track. It's called "WU_ANIMAL".

One of the official screenshots for Isabelle is called "123419_Animal_Shizue" (not Animal_Crossing).
Another one showing the Girl Villagers is called "Random123417_Animal_AnimalGirl".

So I think this is legit. If not, the guys certainly did his homework.
Technically, wouldn't Japanese internal files call it Animal_Forest? ;)

What I meant is that the guy who originally posted the info never had a proper source. No link, no video, no evidence but his word about it being from "someone else" in this case; Brawl Custom Music.
However, no one but him made noise about it which make things look extremely fishy.

I'm not saying it can't happen (it definitely can) but people shouldn't trust stuff like this without some actual proof first.
Oh, I was trying to say why I believe you are correct to be sceptical. Because few people know the method to datamine no one can confirm nor deny any of the info allegedly hidden in the files thus much of it has to be taken with a grain of salt, especially when it's just text rather than image or video.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I see someone has already linked to this thread in the Cutting Room Floor's comment section for MK8 ha ha.

Roo

Oh, I was trying to say why I believe you are correct to be sceptical. Because few people know the method to datamine no one can confirm nor deny any of the info allegedly hidden in the files thus much of it has to be taken with a grain of salt, especially when it's just text rather than image or video.

Yeah, sorry. Got kind of defensive there :p

I'm glad they're letting DS's retro stages finally get a fair shake though.

DS's retro stages were awkward. SNES, GBA and N64 were basically ports and GCN were seriously downgraded. A lot of great stages were taken out of the pool with DS, so it's nice they're open to actually remaking the tracks instead of ignoring them because DS had them in it (even if they were direct ports or awkward de-makes)

Javier

Seven laps on Baby Park otherwise it's worthless.

"WOODS" could also be Lost Woods from Zelda (although I doubt we'll get another Zelda track). I'll definitely take Whispy Woods, though.

the first dlc pack came in november 13, but the guy datamined the game in november 24. In his datamine, all of the stages released have accurate names, the one "unreleased" according to him only have accurate names for retro tracks. The actual new tracks are called, animal (for ANIMAL crossing lol), metro, and woods (because in the dlc preview image, we have a track in the woods).

I mean, i don't mind having baby park, or anything, these tracks are cool, but i wouldn't put a loooot of faith in this "datamine".

I really want three franchise tracks, one for animal crossing and other two, maybe a starfox track pls?

L~A

Technically, wouldn't Japanese internal files call it Animal_Forest? ;)

Yeah, forgot about that.

Still doesn't change the fact they're just using "Animal" and not the full name (which was my point).

Anyway, cautiously optimistic about that. Besides, only two weeks until we find out, so... Well, less than 2 weeks actually, they're going to reveal them before the pack is released... hopefully!

Robin64

It's worth noting that some of the vanilla courses in the game do have simplistic names too within the files and don't use full names.

Cake, City, Circuit, Cloud, Desert, Dossun, Expert, Airport, Haunted, Ocean, Techno.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyway, cautiously optimistic about that. Besides, only two weeks until we find out, so... Well, less than 2 weeks actually, they're going to reveal them before the pack is released... hopefully!
Yeah, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything else about the DLC. We learned about Excitebike on Oct. 28, which was about 2 weeks before DLC Pack 1's Nov. 13 release. We're about 1.5 weeks until DLC Pack 2 is out & we only know one track.

Effect

I really like Neo Bowser City in Mario Kart 7. It's a very simple track but I enjoy the look of it and can easily imagine how good it would look on the Wii U. It's a short track though and they'd likely have to extend some areas. There are some turns you have to drift around (or get left behind) that have no railings or sides that would be almost impossible in 200cc and maybe even 150cc if players are really aggressive during that part of the race.

I never played Mario Kart Double Dash so I have no idea about Baby Park.

Baleoce

I'll just be happy if we get a 3 / 5 split on retro / original courses again, as long as the returning retro courses are utilising the new mechanics of MK8 better than the last lot did. The original courses really shone in the last DLC pack, so that's the part I'm most hyped for.

About the Animal Crossing track. It's called "WU_ANIMAL".

One of the official screenshots for Isabelle is called "123419_Animal_Shizue" (not Animal_Crossing).
Another one showing the Girl Villagers is called "Random123417_Animal_AnimalGirl".

So I think this is legit. If not, the guys certainly did his homework.

No they didn't, because Neo Bowser City is called Koopa City in Japan. This was confirmed fake months ago. Another fine piece of gaming journalism from GoNintendo. Assuming that's where the OP found this, since they posted it earlier. To be honest, I hope Neo Bowser City returns at some point, but Baby Park would be unplayable with 12 players, much more so on 200cc. Give me a GBA retro track that isn't a circuit or castle, dammit. I'd love to see Ribbon Road or Cheese Land in glorious HD.

J@hranimo

Banned
NEO BOWSER CITY

AND BABY PARK?!?!

All my yes! Love both of them!

You guys will hate me for choosing Neo Bowser City a lot.

Baby Park is going to have a sick anti gravity remix.

It's worth noting that some of the vanilla courses in the game do have simplistic names too within the files and don't use full names.

Cake, City, Circuit, Cloud, Desert, Dossun, Expert, Airport, Haunted, Ocean, Techno.

I see, i just thought it was really odd to have the released tracks with specific names, but the upcoming ones have simple names.

No they didn't, because Neo Bowser City is called Koopa City in Japan. This was confirmed fake months ago. Another fine piece of gaming journalism from GoNintendo. Assuming that's where the OP found this, since they posted it earlier. To be honest, I hope Neo Bowser City returns at some point, but Baby Park would be unplayable with 12 players, much more so on 200cc. Give me a GBA retro track that isn't a circuit or castle, dammit.

But the guy who said that he datamined the game was the us release or jp release?

ffdgh

lol this is from that 3DSfan guy from GameFAQS who swears he datamined the game right after the first pack came out with no reliable source but tales from his ass

Can't wait to see this hype train crash hard...

This. Besides, excite bike is more or less modern baby park anyway.

BowieZ

Banned
No they didn't, because Neo Bowser City is called Koopa City in Japan. This was confirmed fake months ago. Another fine piece of gaming journalism from GoNintendo. Assuming that's where the OP found this, since they posted it earlier.
But to be fair, other filenames don't really match up with the actual Japanese names. As an example, as Robin pointed out above, "CAKE" refers to Sweet Sweet Canyon, which in Japanese is translated as "Sweets Canyon".

Revven

Another fine piece of gaming journalism from GoNintendo. Assuming that's where the OP found this, since they posted it earlier.

He says he found it from the MKWii forums.

Anyway, I don't want Baby Park as DLC. It's not a good course outside of DD. What made it amazing in DD was the item selection. Excitebike fulfills the same needs as Baby Park does. We don't need two courses that are basically the same design except the only difference between them is how long they are in length and jumps/boosts.

If any GCN track should come in this pack, it's Wario Colosseum. Seriously. PRIME ant-gravity track right there. I mean, COME ON! I don't even care if Wario has like 3 tracks to his name already in the game, Wario Colosseum has to happen now or it never will.

J@hranimo

Banned
I hope they keep some of the aspects of Baby Park from DD like all the items going over both sides of the track and the roller coaster. It better be 7 laps too!

I'm in the camp that they're going to give us three handheld retro courses, since all of the retro tracks from the last DLC pack originated from console games. In that case, I want GBA Ribbon Road, DS Waluigi Pinball, and 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar.

ffdgh

I'm in the camp that they're going to give us three handheld retro courses, since all of the retro tracks from the last DLC pack originated from console games. In that case, I want GBA Ribbon Road, DS Waluigi Pinball, and 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar.

Search your feelings... you know one of them has to be GBA bowser castle 4. /s

Roo

I hope they keep some of the aspects of Baby Park from DD like all the items going over both sides of the track and the roller coaster. It better be 7 laps too!
What made Baby Park amazing in Double Dash is totally absent in Mario Kart 8.
Unless they mess with the track layout, you will only get a poor man's Excitebike ripoff

I'm kind of shocked people fail to see that.

i just want fuckin' someting from super circuit. they've managed to exhaust pretty much all the boring tracks from that game, so they're bound to give us one of the good ones soon... right?

we're gonna get peach circuit or something huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom