• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Tracks for Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopWOOP

Metroid track or underground Toadtown Metro... both sound pretty neat.

Lol, Baby Park? Online's gonna be a clusterfuck with that one. A single Bullet Bill will do an entire lap.

ffdgh

i just want fuckin' someting from super circuit. they've managed to exhaust pretty much all the boring tracks from that game, so they're bound to give us one of the good ones soon... right?

we're gonna get peach circuit or something huh

Aleady made for the DS. Nintendo really hates gba/snes retros lol

Crayolan

HOLY FUCK BABY PA-

Baby Park was only good in Double Dash thanks to the items.

It was a pretty tepid track in MK Wii.

shit, you're probably right. Clearly the track will be changed to be 10 laps and will have a special mechanic where you get 2 items per item box. Pls Nintendo.

Anyway, I'm hoping the other Nintendo-related courses are also based on other racing/driving franchises like Excitebike and Mute City are. So, maybe a Wave Race course and a Kirby's Air Ride course?

Aleady made for the DS. Nintendo really hates gba/snes retros lol

i'm convinced that they'd be willing to use a track that's already been a retro course to ensure we get another circuit or bowser's castle instead of a cool track

and bowser's castle 4 is the best gba bowser's castle so we can't get that either

ffdgh

When I imagine 200cc baby park, all I can see is crazy bouncing green shells, fire flower spam, bombs, and boomerangs killing everyone. Not sure if I can handle that lol.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
This comparison is silly, considering it's 8 racers, focusing on player 1 in like 50cc completely outdoing the AI.

Imagine 200cc with up to 12 players and anti-gravity boosting...

this, I can't understand people toning down baby park because of missing items. I agree that some of those items meant a lot for that track, but the 200cc modify alone should be enough to enjoy it a lot

J@hranimo

Banned
What made Baby Park amazing in Double Dash is totally absent in Mario Kart 8.
Unless they mess with the track layout, you will only get a poor man's Excitebike ripoff

I'm kind of shocked people fail to see that.

Ah. Yeah that's true. That track oozes from DD's uniqueness with items all over the place. Not I'm de-hyped. Ah well. I miss that game.

Also saw your post before too. Might as well bring hype down altogether. Eh.

Edit: and you can't snake either like DD/DS lol

Roo

When I imagine 200cc baby park, all I can see is crazy bouncing green shells, fire flower spam, bombs, and boomerangs killing everyone. Not sure if I can handle that lol.
Even if they managed to get the chaos going ( which is pretty obvious they can) with the lack of stand-still mini turbo and the overall slow accel thing in Mario Kart 8 it would be rather frustrating and unpleasant instead of "salty fun" if you know what I mean.
A single hit and you're fucking done, let alone being comboed.

200cc baby park?

IzEDHSw.gif

Simbabbad

This comparison is silly, considering it's 8 racers, focusing on player 1 in like 50cc completely outdoing the AI.

Imagine 200cc with up to 12 players and anti-gravity boosting...
Good point, if all the track is in anti-gravity and you have to bump into each other, this could be fun. But the unfairness of MK8 will make it more annoying than fun, I'm afraid.

Brofield

What if the f zero track and metroid track are teasers for metroid and f zero at E3 2015

;_;

Why would you do that to me?

Goddammit, now it's gonna be impossible to keep hype in check for this year.

But, whether it's Metroid (and possible Samus' Gunship as vehicle), or a track based on trains, I'd be pretty happy with that.

And if they're gonna bring back Bowser shell, they should bring back the Chain Chomp and accompanying music as well.

CC > BB

Exile20

No they didn't, because Neo Bowser City is called Koopa City in Japan. This was confirmed fake months ago. Another fine piece of gaming journalism from GoNintendo. Assuming that's where the OP found this, since they posted it earlier.

Wow you really hate GoNintendo don't you.

Anyway GoNintendo is actually referencing Neogaf for their article.

ffdgh

Even if they managed to get the chaos going ( which is pretty obvious they can) with the lack of stand-still mini turbo and the overall slow accel thing in Mario Kart 8 it would be rather frustrating and unpleasant instead of "salty fun" if you know what I mean.
A single hit and you're fucking done, let alone being comboed.

Nah it's over when you start overlapping with racers with triple bananas, shells, and plants...and stars....bills.

Robin64

Meh, even if turns out to be completely fake, the fact remains that DLC Pack 2 is out next week. We should be excited regardless.

Rlan

My only hope is that the majority of the levels a tually USE the gravity gimmick. Despite being a massive selling point for Mario Kart 8, very few tracks even really use it to its fullest extent. Even the F-Zero track doesn't really have many twists and turns like GX did. the Animal Crossing track could have been in any Mario Kart game.

AdanVC

I would be very upset if Baby Park got in, because that has been redone twice!

The Gamecube course that deserves to be brought back in all its HD glory is THIS BAD BOY HERE:

latest

I would go nuts if this was in the DLC pack. Imagine the possibilities with Anti-Gravity! @.@

God damn this is true!! All the Wario themed tracks in Mario Kart = Quality and fun! Wario should just get it's own Kart game tbh.

Dr. Buni

Baby Park? Really? So many tracks in the series and they might be bringing that awful one back.

New Bowser City is cool, at least

Lmao that GameFAQs fake filename list is still going around? I can't believe it.
Maybe it wouldn't have happened if we had more than two of the 8 courses revealed (Animal Crossing and a tiny screenshot of woods).

But for the sake of discussion is there proof of it being fake? I agree there isn't proof of being real and hey if it turns out mostly wrong then you know ideas do change through development, I would not be surprised if Baby park got dropped.

oatmeal

Banned
Baby Park at 200cc would be MADNESS

Neo Bowser is a fantastic course. I finally got MK7 and it was a real standout.

AdanVC

What I still can't believe is we're less than 2 weeks for this new DLC to drop in and we have seen literally nothing of the new tracks except the AC track (wich looks amazing obvs). What if they are holding to show something until next week because the tracks in this DLC are huge megatons. Like a Pac-Man based course... another Zelda course... a Starfox or Metroid course. Hnnnnghhh

LAA

Oh neat I missed this. Loved neo bowser city so definitely happy to see that back.
I hope with 200cc is brings back the 3 (or perhaps for 200cc, 4) starred emblem you got for start ranking all the tracks. Sucks you got nothing for doing that, was pretty disappointed discovering that

EDIT: Oh...that joy didn't last so long... :'(

But for the sake of discussion is there proof of it being fake? I agree there isn't proof of being real and hey if it turns out mostly wrong then you know ideas do change through development, I would not be surprised if Baby park got dropped.

It comes from a totally random November 14th 2014 post on GameFAQs' Mario Kart 8 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/700050-mario-kart-8/70566489#1
There is a plaintext file within the DLC's data that pretty much confirms the following 2 retro courses... one of which is, yet again, a re-used retro course.

GCN Baby Park and 3DS Neo Bowser City

Only 13 of the tracks are listed, which means the remaining 3 could still be other retro tracks.

Here's the full contents of the text file

AudEnvSe_D3ds_NeoBowserCity
AudEnvSe_Dgc_BabyPark
AudEnvSe_Dgc_YoshiCircuit
AudEnvSe_Dsfc_RainbowRoad
AudEnvSe_Du_Animal
AudEnvSe_Du_DragonRoad
AudEnvSe_Du_ExciteBike
AudEnvSe_Du_Hyrule
AudEnvSe_Du_IcePark
AudEnvSe_Du_Metro
AudEnvSe_Du_MuteCity
AudEnvSe_Du_Woods
AudEnvSe_Dwii_WariosMine

This person (Nin3DSFan) did not provide any valid source despite having been asked multiple times. Also,

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/700050-mario-kart-8/71579110
#19 Nin3DSFan Posted 4/9/2015 1:09:29 AM

Fellow GameFAQs users, I have not been entirely obvious with you. I made the whole thing up. Baby Park and Neo Bowser City aren't returning. I just wanted them back so badly that I made it up that they are actually returning.

It is very disappointing that some video game news websites as well as the author of this thread (Robin64) are not able to do basic source checking.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well can't really argue with PotionBleue's post.

And good news for those for don't want Baby Park.

Piers

Baby Park made more sense in Double Dash when there were giant bananas and shells going all over the place -- it was a special item romp.

Without them it feels empty to me.

Roo

It comes from a totally random November 14th 2014 post on GameFAQs' Mario Kart 8 board:

This person (Nin3DSFan) did not provide any valid source despite having been asked multiple times. Also,

It is very disappointing that some video game news websites as well as the author of this thread (Robin64) are not able to do basic source checking.

There you go...

JCX

God damn this is true!! All the Wario themed tracks in Mario Kart = Quality and fun! Wario should just get it's own Kart game tbh.

Yep Wario has all the best character tracks. Forgot about this one, but it's a gem too. Only clunker is the mine level.

RGamer2009

Neo Member

This means that Wario Colosseum has a chance!

tumblr_inline_nm8d5w9w6A1rbra2d.gif

xandaca

Hard to imagine why Baby Park is needed when there's already Excitebike Arena, a track whose novelty value wore off pretty quickly to begin with. My fingers are crossed for Maka Wuhu.

Xenoboy

I have never gotten peoples obsession with Baby Park. I'd rather them remake a course that screams for a remake.
Like Wario's Colosseum,

SmithnCo

The thing about baby park is you could fire a green shell and it could hit anyone at any position and it was a total clusterfuck. Other than that it's kinda boring though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom