• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post Your Music [OT]

Kev Kev

A couple of pieces I put together some months ago. I wish I had more time to compose opposed to record these days, but it is what it is. It's rather unpolished stuff, specially from the sound perspective, but I kind of dig them raw as they are.

halfway through the first and i love the vibe. going into this half time feel was a great touch. gave some some real pink floydy vibes for a minute their. gonna check out the second one after. what programs/gear are you using?

halfway through the first and i love the vibe. going into this half time feel was a great touch. gave some some real pink floydy vibes for a minute their. gonna check out the second one after. what programs/gear are you using?
Glad you're enjoying it mate!

It's a mixture of things, for synths I have quite a lot of hardware, but I like mixing it with a layer here and there of some software synths, to give it a different feel. On the software side of things, I use a lot of the Arturia stuff (I have some hardware from them too). Drums on the first one are from an EzDrummer library, if I remember correctly, and on the second one, drums are played by me on a DW kit. Recorded them on a pretty dry setup, liked the natural feel and punch opposed to the stabby synths.

Kev Kev

Glad you're enjoying it mate!

It's a mixture of things, for synths I have quite a lot of hardware, but I like mixing it with a layer here and there of some software synths, to give it a different feel. On the software side of things, I use a lot of the Arturia stuff (I have some hardware from them too). Drums on the first one are from an EzDrummer library, if I remember correctly, and on the second one, drums are played by me on a DW kit. Recorded them on a pretty dry setup, liked the natural feel and punch opposed to the stabby synths.
yeah just finished the second one, solid stuff man! i really, really liked them lol. maybe its just me but i feel like i could hear some Halo in the second tune. wow man thanks for sharing. id love to hear more if you have any.

whats your music background? i been doing music my whole life and something tells me you have some kind of training

yeah just finished the second one, solid stuff man! i really, really liked them lol. maybe its just me but i feel like i could hear some Halo in the second tune. wow man thanks for sharing. id love to hear more if you have any.

whats your music background? i been doing music my whole life and something tells me you have some kind of training
Thanks man, happy you enjoyed that! I have tons of stuff, I definitely have to dig up and upload some more things.

When it comes to composing, playing and so on, I'm self-taught. When I was a little kid, my father intended for me to take piano lessons, 'cause it was obvious that I had a deep love for music, but I wasn't too interested in doing it that way, so I basically asked if they could buy me a keyboard and a guitar, and I took it from there. Nowadays I'm pretty good in quite a few instruments and I have a fairly decent music theory knowledge, but it's been mostly self-taught.

On the other hand, about 8/9 years ago, I became super interested on the sound side of things; recording, mixing and so on, so I decided to study sound engineering and try to make of that my career. And about 4 years ago I finally established my own studio where I record, mix, master and all that good stuff. That, at the same time, it's pretty inspiring when it comes to writing music myself, 'cause you're always around creative people and you're learning new tricks constantly.

I hope I haven't bore you to death :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
A couple of pieces I put together some months ago. I wish I had more time to compose opposed to record these days, but it is what it is. It's rather unpolished stuff, specially from the sound perspective, but I kind of dig them raw as they are.

I’m getting Tangerine Dream but there’s nothing wrong with that at all - like it a lot.

Nyx

Bought 2 turntables and a mixer a few months ago, so I spent way more time mixing instead of producing.

My first recorded vinyl mix since the 90s probably, hope I can share it here too:

it’s not flawless but I like it a lot!

Before that I finished a project I was working on in the months before, a house track :

Last edited:

Kev Kev

in general, i hesitate to post my music anywhere, usually because im not happy with the writing or the sound quality. but to hell with it. i was going through some songs just now and i think its pretty alright, and just though id share, even though the perfectionist in me is screaming at the top of his lungs to not do this lol

ymoc

in general, i hesitate to post my music anywhere, usually because im not happy with the writing or the sound quality. but to hell with it. i was going through some songs just now and i think its pretty alright, and just though id share, even though the perfectionist in me is screaming at the top of his lungs to not do this lol

Forgot about this thread, so its real nice to see a bump with new content.
Its good to be critical of your own music for sure, though sharing is even better :)

This ambiental piece could really fit in some Carpenter film. Its got the right minimalistic vibe for it.

Kev Kev

I love throwing these metal songs together. Quick and dirty, maybe spent 2 hours on it. No bass guitar lol, but they are fun ideas for songs I could get done in studio one day. The guitar is me and the drums are programmed with Logic X. Nothing fancy, just good clean fun.

I love throwing these metal songs together. Quick and dirty, maybe spent 2 hours on it. No bass guitar lol, but they are fun ideas for songs I could get done in studio one day. The guitar is me and the drums are programmed with Logic X. Nothing fancy, just good clean fun.

For lack of a better word by me, solid riff/composition in the first 30-60 seconds mate. I'm not big on metal so the second half lost me a bit. Respect on making something of quality though.

I am an amateur, but what can I say, I like making music that maybe five people in the world will ever hear. Like other amateurs, I love to hear any and all constructive criticism.

Here's a remix of "It's a Sin" (from Fallout New Vegas) that I've gotten good feedback on. Could talk for minutes about what I'd change, but overall, I dig it:

Here's an 80s-style remix of "Little Lion Man" by Mumford and Sons I made this weekend:

A DnB-lite remix of "Where is My Mind". I really like the breakdown around 1m30s--the rest is...alright imo

Last edited:

QSD

Wow a post your own music thread! I'm at work atm but will definitely drop in to listen to some stuff later

meanwhile, here's one of the tracks I'm most happy with, a remix/collaboration with an acquintance from the US. He wrote the main melody and the different accompaniment parts, I put a dub/reggae/electronic wrapper around it

Last edited:
Wow a post your own music thread! I'm at work atm but will definitely drop in to listen to some stuff later

meanwhile, here's one of the tracks I'm most happy with, a remix/collaboration with an acquintance from the US. He wrote the main melody and the different accompaniment parts, I put a dub/reggae/electronic wrapper around it

Good stuff! I looked up the OG after listening to yours, and prefer yours for sure. Don't tell God of Rainbows I said that lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: QSD
I'm an absolute amateur, latest thing I uploaded was a footwork track, but honestly it still needs a lot of work

I got great feedback on this jungle/ragga track, it's not the final version though (it kinda goes wrong a bit in the second half)

Tuffa Tuffa is my shiiiiiii. What program(s) do you use to make your stuff?

GeekyDad

I am an amateur, but what can I say, I like making music that maybe five people in the world will ever hear. Like other amateurs, I love to hear any and all constructive criticism.

Here's a remix of "It's a Sin" (from Fallout New Vegas) that I've gotten good feedback on. Could talk for minutes about what I'd change, but overall, I dig it:

Here's an 80s-style remix of "Little Lion Man" by Mumford and Sons I made this weekend:

A DnB-lite remix of "Where is My Mind". I really like the breakdown around 1m30s--the rest is...alright I guess:

I really like your take on the Pixie's tune. Like it better than the original. Good stuff, man.

This is such a smooth combination of flavors. Love it.

GeekyDad

Thank you! It takes me a while to release stuff because of desire to play around and experiment with sounds :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I could use more of that restraint, I think. I get inspired, and just race through sometime. I just, today, finally -- after over 30 years of putting it off -- feel like I have mastered the mechanic of auxiliary sends/returns. And holy cow, what a vast difference is can make to the sound and quality of a track(s), at least to my ears. I am working on something to release Saturday where I put it to use on the lead vocal.

Right now, this is my most recent tune:

I could use more of that restraint, I think. I get inspired, and just race through sometime. I just, today, finally -- after over 30 years of putting it off -- feel like I have mastered the mechanic of auxiliary sends/returns. And holy cow, what a vast difference is can make to the sound and quality of a track(s), at least to my ears. I am working on something to release Saturday where I put it to use on the lead vocal.

Right now, this is my most recent tune:

That's really nice! It's crazy what you can do with aux sends/returns. I've been interested in working vocals into my stuff but when it comes to that, I'm not that confident. So, kudos!

GeekyDad

Michael Hedges (along with Pat Metheny, my main inspiration for understanding how important guitar would be to me) has always inspired me so dearly. This is a song I'm particularly fond of.

As a side note, my wife got me some Apple earpads for my b-day yesterday. Holy cow. In some ways, these sound better to me than my studio headphones. But...I also noticed some really heavy low-mids on some of my previous Youtube submissions. Think I'm gonna have to add these things to the testing phase (studio monitors, headphones, crappy earbuds) before publishing for now on. Yeesh... :messenger_downcast_sweat:

GeekyDad

I know I'm...not worthy.

were not worthy waynes world GIF

But I did a cover of it anyway.

No clue how you did it, but it's awesome. I would love to watch you producing.
As much as I'd like to keep the mystery like it's really hard to do, it was surprisingly simple. Here's the high-level:

1) Find a song you like or think would be funny on Youtube

2) Go to a Youtube-to-mp3 site to convert video to mp3 audio (I do this because I've never NOT found a track on YT, but you could get an mp3 from anywhere that provides them)

3) Go to an AI Vocal Separator site, split the Youtube mp3 and download the music-only and vocals-only mp3s separately

4) Upload the vocal-only mp3 to an AI-voice-replacer site, choose a voice model (Joe Biden in my case), convert, and download the mp3 track

5) Lay the music-only track and the AI-voiced vocal track in an audio software program and sync them up

6) Export

You can go even deeper and download an AI voice replacer off GitHub and make your own voice models. I might do this in the future, but the above was the quick-and-dirty way

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
YESSSS! I like this one even more than the last one of yours I liked. Sounds legit, bruh

Makes me want to make a jungle track. Can I ask if you know of a reference video/article tutorial I could check out?

Thanks! Slowly getting better I guess!

I learned a lot from following Stranjah's tutorials on YouTube, transposing what he does in Ableton to my MPC as much as possible and going from there.

Top Bottom