• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PowerUp 2012 | Fighting game tournament | April 13-15

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dunno if Own3D does IP filtering but dammit this is unwatchable. >8(

Chris G got DQ'd for not showing up?
XrAFc.png

edit: Oh, they're giving him 5 minutes to get to the venue, lucky him.

kirblar

I have the opposite experience. Own3d works way better than twitch for me, better speeds and smoother video.
Sp00ky mentioned the big issue for him re: Twitch is that their East Coast infrastructure just isn't very good. Both work well for me, but I have the godlike FiOS internet.

Dahbomb

Haven't seen a single match up PowerUp yet (all days combined). Just got finished watching the Fight for Youth that was very... entertaining. Airtola proving once against why he deserves to go to Shadowloo.

Anyone know the bracket for Marvel at PowerUp?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
lol chris g wins with low tiers in games like 3s assuming you mean Xiayou is low tier.

What other games does he play low tier in? He plays Sean in 3s, but nobody plays 3s anymore, and he's not gonna play Sean against people who know what they're doing.

lol chris g wins with low tiers in games like 3s assuming you mean Xiayou is low tier.

Being Japanese != automatic god-tier status at every game ever. Especially games that don't have an arcade release.

Xiaoyu is just above ass tier.

Tramp stamp tier.

Didn't the SFxT tourney in Japan have 2 Xiaoyus in top 8? I never quite understood why so many people think Xiaoyu is ass in this game.

people in japan play whoever they want to play with most of the time regardless of tiers. Japan never ceases to amaze me when I see low tier characters at crazy super high level play.

Infinite

What other games does he play low tier in? He plays Sean in 3s, but nobody plays 3s anymore, and he's not gonna play Sean against people who know what they're doing.

umm he beat Jwong with Sean at last years CEO and had notable wins at FR with 12 over gootecks. 3s is a game where people who actually definitely know what they are doing which is the point. Ryu in MVC3 was also considered terrible until chris g used him. I can say the same for morrigan in umv3 when people where dropping her cause of the air dash nerfs.

ismk

Today is my first day that I'm watching the stream and the quality is HORRENDOUS. The internet at the venue must be complete and utter garbage.

SUPARSTARX

People still don't know how to play the game when Chris G is still winning with Xiaoyu.

Just referring to people actually using things in the game instead of mashing Cross Rush to kill people for two rounds. And then people wonder why the game is boring and full of time outs. I think most people just expected SF4 v2.0 with just Tekken characters in the roster and they're just disappointed.

Top Bottom