• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PowerUp 2012 | Fighting game tournament | April 13-15

8 entrants for Skullgirls? Ouch.. definitely not a good look. Wow.

gAAXY.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's the general turn out like for other games?

Can't say I don't expect every skullgirls tournament to have a pretty low turn out but 8 is scary low.
Pretty sure it even had more at the latest Runback stream. I expected a lot more considering everyone is raving about it in the community.

It's a bigger deal because Autumn Games is sponsoring this and they have that arcade stick up for grabs. Marketing wise, really not a good look. Might as well rename it an exhibition now.

Anth0ny

Yeah Marvel was hated on a ton when it first came out especially from hardcore MVC2 fans. Never forget the Justin Wong famous tweets for MVC3/Sentinel... eventually a lot of people came around to it but some like Sanford still hang on to their hatred of the game. Final Round did MVC3 a lot of good as far as being a hype machine goes.

Sentinel now is a character who is about Mid tier in the game with top support capabilities so he is still played quite a bit on teams. This character has probably more bad match ups than some of the characters in Low/C tier.

Never forget.

I literally postponed my work obligations longer than I should have just attempting to break that losing streak.

NERF HSIEN-KO.
Trying to break a win streak of that size is futile. I've played enough VSav to understand that it's probably not gonna change after 10 matches. :p

gg
I guess the storm watch killed the attendance for the tourney.
Apparently...
according to zomb(vsav player) the Vsav and ST tournaments will be streamed on http://www.twitch.tv/arcadelegacy starting at 7pm EST
Awesome news. I'll be watching Super NCI at the same time, but it should still run smoothly.

I mean just spectating, I have no problem with people enjoying the game. It's just fundamentally unsuitable for spectating and no amount of patching can change that. Been over this in previous threads. There seems to be a decent consensus on it being a terrible spectator support, which is why I wonder who is actually watching this, especially with the divide it has had in the community beforehand.
It looked boring since it was first announced, and it stayed boring. I haven't the slightest what anyone ever saw in it. SFIV, for some reason I can't grasp, is far more fun to watch than SFxT.

Crocodile

Pretty sure it even had more at the latest Runback stream. I expected a lot more considering everyone is raving about it in the community.

It's a bigger deal because Autumn Games is sponsoring this and they have that arcade stick up for grabs. Marketing wise, really not a good look. Might as well rename it an exhibition now.

I'm confused. Other people who are there are saying it had much more:

https://twitter.com/#!/BrandinoMB/status/191275519919128577

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah stream chat says they lied about how many people skullgirls had to keep Mortal Kombat on stream. That is some bullshit.

Then you got tossed up afterwards :3
I only consider it a tossing if I'm salty afterwards which is not the case here. My techs are still messy, but I think I did better this time than before. Your defense is really good and B.B. Hood's basket is full of bullshit, sweets and missiles. Fuck her RTSD game haha.
It looked boring since it was first announced, and it stayed boring. I haven't the slightest what anyone ever saw in it. SFIV, for some reason I can't grasp, is far more fun to watch than SFxT.
It had rolls, online training mode, chain combos, tag mechanics, no ultras, rollback netcode, spectator AT LAUNCH and a bunch of new characters(to me).

Gems and art style killed it for me. That and the DLC stuff probably killed it for everyone else.
No he claimed he was lied to and seemed very upset about it.
Pretty crazy if true.

Axis

I only consider it a tossing if I'm salty afterwards which is not the case here. My techs are still messy, but I think I did better this time than before. Your defense is really good and B.B. Hood's basket is full of bullshit, sweets and missiles. Fuck her RTSD game haha.

Run it back. ^_^

I guess the ST/VS stream never took off.

Somehow I could detect a high level of drama coming from this thread and now I've confirmed it. Yes, now I'm at Stream Monster level 50, YES!

Top Bottom