• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PR: Street Fighter X Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS Light Album Launch Party 2/15 (also CPT S2)

Moaradin

That fight was amazing never seen dhslism move that way god damn she took it too him think i found a favorite to root for. Is she new to the scene? forgive my ignorance on the topic

She's been around for a little while, and she has a really good aggressive Dhalsim. Don't think I've ever seen her place super high in majors but she's always impressive whenever I see her play.

I don't think I've ever seen a double perfect in a tournament before let alone a fucking triple!

That was
TAea9Zh.gif

akashhhhh

Boy, people in this thread really, really need to go listen to Tetsuo and Youth. In fact, I'll make it easy, just go listen to one song off of it, "Mural" or "Dots and Lines".

That album was a shocking return to form.

This album isn't bad either, the first half is legit hype music.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Boy, people in this thread really, really need to go listen to Tetsuo and Youth. In fact, I'll make it easy, just go listen to one song off of it, "Mural" or "Dots and Lines".

Lupe said something this album being a "refined Lasers" and that most of it are old tracks, which I can definitely see. It's solid, nothing amazing. But knowing it's the first of three this year, the other two are fully new material, has me excited.

Lupe said something this album being a "refined Lasers" and that most of it are old tracks, which I can definitely see. It's solid, nothing amazing. But knowing it's the first of three this year, the other two are fully new material, has me excited.

Drogas and Skulls will be T&Y Lupe. I'm just mad he couldn't put Crack on DL

Bulzeeb

At first I thought that there was some kind of fiasco at Capcom involving Street fighter and someone called Lupe because of some drugs, then I read the full title instead of just giving it a quick look to understand what was going on lol

Anyways I had no idea of who this Lupe was,no I need to listen to some of his stuff, let's see if it is of my tastes

b3b0p

I love this album. It is in my top 5 GOAT albums ever. One of my favorite songs is "Chopper" (Filet mignon with my food stamps). Lupe makes a number of references to video games (and anime), lyrical and other (beats, samples, audible) throughout this album as well as his previous works. I feel anyone who doesn't like or get Lupe doesn't really "listen" to his music. His music requires one to listen actively, multiple times over even. It only gets better over time and multiple listens because you can continuously pick up new tidbits, references, meanings almost every time. It's rare to find something like that now, which make his music unique and actually intelligent and insightful.

Sorry, a little off topic perhaps. If you still don't get Lupe, listen to any of his albums and follow along on Rap Genius, but especially so for T&Y. He single handedly created the career of annotating lyrics with "Mural".

I love this album. It is in my top 5 GOAT albums ever. One of my favorite songs is "Chopper" (Filet mignon with my food stamps). Lupe makes a number of references to video games (and anime), lyrical and other (beats, samples, audible) throughout this album as well as his previous works. I feel anyone who doesn't like or get Lupe doesn't really "listen" to his music. His music requires one to listen actively, multiple times over even. It only gets better over time and multiple listens because you can continuously pick up new tidbits, references, meanings almost every time. It's rare to find something like that now, which make his music unique and actually intelligent and insightful.

Sorry, a little off topic perhaps. If you still don't get Lupe, listen to any of his albums and follow along on Rap Genius, but especially so for T&Y. He single handedly created the career of annotating lyrics with "Mural".

Fam I went to a concert when he was doing the "Tour for the Fans" and him and Billy Blue performed Chopper. I lost my shit lol.

akashhhhh

The annotations on dots and lines fucked me up.

Just tuning in. DROGAS Light is pretty good. The first half is raw! The latter half is more weaker. He said this was the LASERS we were supposed to get. I can understand it. And yeah T&Y is a masterpiece. "Mural" is incredible.

Top Bottom