• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Launch Event: Lupe Fiasco VS Daigo Umehara

People thinking that was legit gives me a new understanding to how people could believe in creationism.

image.php

It was a fun match. Though whoever was commentating with Mike Ross should not commentate in the future.

Breads

Banned
Wow guys.

Something fun happens that can attract new blood into the FGC and some of you are meeting them with active hostility.

No shit an exhibition match is an exhibition match. Got people throwing an entire religion under the bus just because people are enjoying an event.

That was fun as shit to watch. Happy for Lupe. He was a great sport and looked like he was having a blast.

What a world we live in that something like this even took place. Today is a one small step for mankind, GAF.

brau

I laughed so hard at the commentary. This whole thing was ridiculous and it was the perfect fit. I'm glad lupe got his moment. Everyone went home with smiles.

i had fun and the match was all over the place. Daigo is a heavy hitter. Overall, it looks like the game is more accessible this time.

As far as the even goes it was appropriate i guess.

Kinsei

Banned
That was dumb. If I got the chance to go against Daigo like that I would be so disappointed if he threw the matches like that.

Aditya

Neo Member
Lol, some people are genuinely upset at this. This was an exhibition match and it succeeded in it's purpose. If Daigo would have just out footsied Lupe, it would've been a boring match and this thread would've been dead already.

This exhibition was immensely entertaining, got a ton of people talking and generated alot of outside interest for SFV. It's a win-win for everyone in my opinion.

I didn't expect anything and I'm still let down.

Oh well I guess it was all for fun. The Daigo vs Tokido SFV exhibition was fun to watch for me, and actually seemed like both guys wanted to win 7 months ago. These matches didn't keep my attention.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I lost it when he attacked Mike. Mike sounded like a televangelist or wrestling commentator hahaha

Lulubop

Lol, some people are genuinely upset at this. This was an exhibition match and it succeeded in it's purpose. If Daigo would have just out footsied Lupe, it would've been a boring match and this thread would've been dead already.

This exhibition was immensely entertaining, got a ton of people talking and generated alot of outside interest for SFV. It's a win-win for everyone in my opinion.

Pretty much

GeoNeo

I disagree.
WHAT THE FUCK JUST WATCHED THE REPLAY. Daigo looks mopped as fuck.

Sonic Fox is gonna body Daigo when they meet in the Capcom Pro Tour if he can't even 3-0 this Ken newbie.

Not only is Madcatz tanking but their poster child Daigo is too. Very sad to see what went down. What the fuck Daigo I named my dog after you.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
This is the astral projection of Daigo on the Z-plane. Daigo's power level is calculable by assuming that his battle aura dissipates by a proportion of the square of the distance, and then doing a quadratic regression using the distance of San Francisco to Japan to find the Daigo Proportionality Constant.

Top Bottom