• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rapper Lupe Fiasco Wants to Face Daigo Umehara in Street Fighter 5

Rapper Lupe Fiasco Agrees to Face Daigo Umehara in Street Fighter 5

Fiasco was asked whether he'd be up for facing off against Daigo on Twitter by Mark Julio, community and sponsorship manager for Mad Catz, which produces many of the official Street Fighter arcade sticks.

"It would be an honor to lose to Daigo-San," he replied.

Although a match hasn't officially been arranged, Julio told fighting game website EventHubs he is "working with Lupe Fiasco to make it happen" and added that "[Lupe is] down to play." Daigo is yet to respond to the challenge, but given that he's sponsored by Mad Catz, the chances of it happening are good.

Again the match isn't happening yet, but Lupe is all for it and seems serious. He mains Ken.

pizzacat

Banned
I think he has a shot if he's been practicing ever since he's started being a trash rapper, which was after the cool so he has a shot guys

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That match will be a fiasco

I'm sorry :(

Kade

I think he has a shot if he's been practicing ever since he's started being a trash rapper, which was after the cool so he has a shot guys

I thought old Lupe was back when I heard Mural but the rest of that album was garbage.

Warxard

Banned
DV5lJ.png

LL Lupe

There's residual benefits for both of them to do this even though it's ridiculous. Lupe needs to keep transitioning out of being a pariah during the "we ain't trying to hear that" era but Daigo would probably be better served if he played Conan O'brien to promote SFV.

pizzacat

Banned
Haven't even played him in the beta but I really wanna try him out when the game comes out. I gotta admit that his new looks/moves are very intriguing.
I was using him the first beta he was in and his v skill was insane with how it combos but SFV was still a WIP at the time so it was changed, at least in beta 3

Duncan please.

Stop empathizing with this peasant. Bryan should have been a lesson for you.

If Bryan's Ken, then you know what makes your false prophet bbgurl Roman Reigns?

Alex. Someone no one cares about with good reason.

it all just comes back to pro wrestling huh?

I always find it hilarious that in public Lupe fiasco has always gone for this "nerd cred" but behind closed doors, he was more affilliated with orgainised crime than 90% of your favourite rappers.

Interesting dynamic, I must say.

OT, I dont see the point. Unless, lupe has years worth of experience under his belt it would be a easy and boring double perfect.

You dont challenge the best in the business as a casual. You are just wasting everyones time.

Top Bottom