• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Launch Event: Lupe Fiasco VS Daigo Umehara

lupe8yst7.gif

Even if he legit missed the DP or went for the fierce that got stuffed, he clearly controlled the match and dictated the outcome. Sometimes he played seriously, sometimes he chose to eat DP's, sometimes he wanted to see if he could show off a really cool parry for the crowd and stream. Throughout the set he was switching between medium and heavy DP to anti-air. It wasn't staged, but he was in full control of the outcome the entire time. And honestly I'm glad he did what he did. It made for a better show. Seeing Lupe's pop off and his mad respect to Daigo was great to watch.

I'm sayin b, great sportsmanship by Daigo

+ you know Daigo already got the advance cheque for the match, he's gucci and made Lupe so happy

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Lupe was supposed to throw the match but he had too much integrity to take a dive. Now MadCatz's goons are after him.

Owensboro

Even if he legit missed the DP or went for the fierce that got stuffed, he clearly controlled the match and dictated the outcome. Sometimes he played seriously, sometimes he chose to eat DP's, sometimes he wanted to see if he could show off a really cool parry for the crowd and stream. Throughout the set he was switching between medium and heavy DP to anti-air. It wasn't staged, but he was in full control of the outcome the entire time. And honestly I'm glad he did what he did. It made for a better show. Seeing Lupe's pop off and his mad respect to Daigo was great to watch.

+ you know Daigo already got the advance cheque for the match, he's gucci and made Lupe so happy

Yup, I'm thinking what you guys are thinking. It's a win for everyone. Daigo makes money for his appearance (and a sweet jacket), Lupe feels like a million bucks (and is super gracious), and it's wonderful marketing for the game. Plus, you know what, that was entertaining as hell to watch. Even if I know the outcome is obviously suspect.

I really enjoyed watching this exhibition match.

I appreciated Daigo being humble enough to just make it interesting and hype and not worry about his ego and rep.

It was funny that Daigo let it slip that If i "really" wanted to I could tap dat *** when he got dat perfect.

Great look for the FGC. everyone was cool and made it fun for all.

This is big because this shit might just be in worldstar tomorrow and other sites. Great exposure for the game and community

Yeah, really good promo for the game. I see all types of accounts on my Twitter that retweeted about this event and some of them aren't even video game related.

It would be cool to see Lupe just chilling at Evo just like Jamie Lee Curtis secretly did last year in a Vega costume.

8M2Y7US.png

specdot

People thinking that was legit gives me a new understanding to how people could believe in creationism.
You didn't need to go there breh. Very uncool.

On the match, I seriously thought Daigo would body him. As it progressed I started to appreciate how well Daigo controlled the match. Lupe has been one of my favorites for years now (I actually liked Lasers), but after this event I've gained an even deeper respect for him.

I'm actually pretty surprised Lupe did so well with the mechanics after only playing the game for a little time. Fun exhibition. Props to both Lupe and Daigo for putting on a great show. I was really expecting this to be a complete waste of time. Can't wait to pick up SFV tomorrow!

No spin.

Daigo could have won anytime he wanted to. He showed in a glimpse that if he was serous he could have put the hurt on lupe with that perfect.

Anyone thinking otherwise is crazy.

Also daigo is mad humble . I wouldn't let anyone beat me cuz then you get nuts (like on gaf) that think lupe legit shook daigo for 3 games.

Anyways , great hype for SF5 .

Makes me happy to be a part of dat FGC

Durden77

That was some awesome stuff Lupe was saying after the match too.

Dude is serious. This match was way more than I expected it to be.

Opto

Banned
You don't want to believe. Lupe had some good coaching. It was likely all focused as an anti-Daigo strategy, not a champion of street fighter strategy.

Top Bottom