• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 2 Battle of The Gods! Daigo vs. Ogou vs. Kurahashi - LIVE

Garou

Live on Daigos Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv

Via Shoryuken
On Thursday evening in Japan at 8:00 PM (7:00 AM ET in America), Umehara will be hosting a Super Turbo challenge on his Twitch stream. Taking part in the three-man battle royale will be Daigo alongside Kurahashi and Ogou — two of the best Guiles and Sagats in Japan, respectively. Who will come out on top? Make sure you tune in while you eat your breakfast Thursday morning!

Garou

Is this just an ad for some Street Fighter manga?

They are in the "Umehara Fighting Gamers"-Manga which portrays Daigos past, so this is an ad for the manga as well as fanservice for readers of the manga I guess.

Garou

Matches have begun, Kurahashi = Ryu, Ogou = Guile, Daigo will be Ryu/Guile to compliment the other, Main Event will be Kurahashi vs. Ogou. First to 10 for each match.

Garou

Stream crashed as Kurahashi lead 7-4 over Daigo, was close to 20,000 viewers. SF2 still the GOAT.
Now they are back up, games should continue soon I guess

Garou

Kurahashi (Ryu) wins against Daigo (Guile) 10-7

Next up: Daigo (Ryu) vs. Ogou (Guile)

Daigo to Ogou: I'm so sorry, I actually polished that Ryu!

Garou

The next time when someone asks why Capcom keeps re-releasing SF2, point them to this match. A Japanese-only stream with video-problems, on a weekday with only 3 players and still 15k+ viewers.

Tizoc

NOTHING STOPS THIS ADOOGIT TRAIN!

Fun fact about Cammy's stage:
The Aurora in the background is camouflage to hide her Unit's base.

Garou

Ogou (Guile) wins vs Daigo (Ryu) 10-6

Next up the main-event: Ogou (Guile) vs. Kurahashi (Ryu)

Watching high level ST brings me life. Easily my favorite fighting game.

That being said, Ogou isn't taking as many risks as he should be trying to set up tick throws. Kurahashi's Ryu is looking better than ever right now. It might even rival Daigo's.

Worth noting that 16k people are watching Super Turbo right now.

Also, Ogou bringing it back. Suddenly remembering that Ryu's recovery after Hadouken isn't as fast as his.

Garou

Kurahashi (Ryu) wins vs. Ogou (Guile) 10-8.

17.5K viewers for Super Street Figher II Turbo, that's insane.

Top Bottom