• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prediction: Will Breath of the Wild break 10million WW?

eXistor

We know the game has already sold at least 5 million. I doubt it will stop selling so soon to just end up at 6-7 million. Holidays and future bundles will definitely give it a boost imo.

I'm hope I'm wrong here, but games like Mario tend to keep selling whereas Zelda's tend to be front-loaded. Also, history doesn't lie and not even one Zelda has made it to 10 million and there were games in there that were easily as popular as BotW. Again, I hope to be proven wrong, but 10 seems overkill.

Cpt Lmao

Absolutely, we're barely halfway to Christmas and it's on ~4 million. It'll get to 7 million by this Christmas, and then go on to be an evergreen title for the next four years.

eXMomoj

I think so; it has nearly a 1:1 attach rate with Switch owners. The limiting factor right now I think is Switch availability and not the interest in the game.

Ninja Dom

If CEMU progresses steadily, then yes.

Don't kid yourself.

I don't think people are watching the progress of CEMU and waiting for a certain stage of CEMU's progression before they rush out to buy BOTW on Wii U at £60 to play on it. They'll use "other" means to acquire the game.

Top Bottom