• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #3 |University of Nevada| America's Final Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you want to diss Clinton for not talking more in depth about her stolen emails, the fact that Russian intelligence is meddling in our election should be fucking terrifying. Obviously Clinton uses it because it helps to cover some things in them some people may not like but that doesn't make her wrong.

Even if you want to diss Clinton for not talking more in depth about her stolen emails, the fact that Russian intelligence is meddling in our election should be fucking terrifying. Obviously Clinton uses it because it helps to cover some things in them some people may not like but that doesn't make her wrong.

It could be Russia, it could be China, it could be the 400lb cyber in his bedroom.

Does anyone know why Trump keeps saying the US economy is at 1% growth without objection? All data I can find has it at around 2.4% for the last years, which is actually pretty damn good.

Unless you're an idiot and compare yourself to emerging nations like India...

I wouldn't dig too hard looking for Trump's underlying "facts". This guy says we don't vet refugees, which in reality is a 2 year process. He does get some numbers right, but others are distorted and some seem to be entirely made up.

Whatever it takes for him to make a case that America is a hellhole.

rjinaz

both candidates suck so bad, we are getting what we deserve.

i'm voting for "None of the Above"...

green party candidate is a loon
libertarian candidate is an idiot (his vice pres imo is decent)
democrats is a power hungry lying manipulating career politician with delusions of granduer who- i- i mean the woman spent YEARS in the senate and being the sec of state and had no idea how thinks were marked if they were classified...i mean come on REALLY?

the republican is a machismo old white guy with a temper, who brags like that ass in the gym, could possibly owe money to foreign parties, but "he is evil" according to the media. i could go on but frankly he is a poor candidate- he also is a power hungery, lying career business man, who exploits every legal loophole to pay less taxes (but its "bad" to do this)

now the media --that is another story- fucking asshats, their only job - in my opinion is to present news and information, and to attempt to do it in an unbiased manner, and that got tossed way the fuck out the window this election.

no idea about any other candidates, but seriously THIS is what we have to choose from in november..

VOTE .. None of the Above.....

I love how your Republican downsides have caveats or conditions but not the Democrats don't. When the Republicans have a literal loon trying to run the party. Sure, totally all the same though.
If you want to vote for Trump vote for Trump. The media, those women, and probably everybody else is just lying about him anyway. I'm sure he's a good guy.

Clinton has the highest post debate polls to date:

polls_by_intheflorsh-dalqhm0.png

Am I crazy or are there not higher figures, both individual and total, on that chart?

Edit: never mind, on my phone screen the 64 looked like 84.

Toxi

Banned
Trump failed in last night's debate hard. Seems like he's terrible at debating overall TBH. At least Hillary directly answered most of the questions. Trump was on tangent city, and missed tons of opportunities to slam Clinton in any meaningful way. Clinton had it all under control, Trump just went to his small arsenal of fallback gripes, even when they didn't directly relate to the issue.

Clinton continuing to try to make THE RUSSIANS into this dark force trying to undermine our election by helping Trump via Wikileaks is annoying. This isn't the cold war, and if you aren't going to address the content of the leaked mails, don't pretend that some foreign party is responsible for what you said in them.

Out of the 3 debates, this was the only worthwhile one IMHO. Real questions with real follow ups. There was still a lot of revisiting the exact same issues with the exact same answers/dodges but regardless, it was better than the previous debates.

Rather than compare which is worse, can we at least agree that neither candidate deserves to be POTUS.
I like how Trump used your ridiculous "Clinton should have been able to stop Trump from importing Chinese steel" argument from after the second debate and got shot down hard.

Brannon

Can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that the wikileaks scandal was such a non issue to Clinton that she deliberately brought it up to dodge a tougher question, and that Trump followed? Because that was inspired.

Gattsu25

Banned
Can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that the wikileaks scandal was such a non issue to Clinton that she deliberately brought it up to dodge a tougher question, and that Trump followed? Because that was inspired.
That... Actually is a great point. lol

democrats is a power hungry lying manipulating career politician with delusions of granduer who- i- i mean the woman spent YEARS in the senate and being the sec of state and had no idea how thinks were marked if they were classified...i mean come on REALLY?

the republican is a machismo old white guy with a temper, who brags like that ass in the gym, could possibly owe money to foreign parties, but "he is evil" according to the media. i could go on but frankly he is a poor candidate- he also is a power hungery, lying career business man, who exploits every legal loophole to pay less taxes (but its "bad" to do this)

now the media --that is another story- fucking asshats, their only job - in my opinion is to present news and information, and to attempt to do it in an unbiased manner, and that got tossed way the fuck out the window this election.

no idea about any other candidates, but seriously THIS is what we have to choose from in november..

6f2f4bb32a54dab74f9faa49e8acb56b.png

She has done so many amazing things in these debates I think get attributed to trump being trump. Her performance last night was pretty much emblematic of how well she can handle herself under pressure. Those were not easy questions for a democratic candidate, and she does legitimately have some issues in some of the things that were brought up, yet she mostly deflected or skirted around them in smart ways that basically turned everything back on Trump. And he took the bait every time she offered him up a little nugget.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The way she just kept rolling after "such a nasty woman" was goddamn inspirational. Trump would have broken down if Hillary did that to him.
she's heard worse a million times. she could give two shits what trump callus call her. I'm sure she prepped to not even flinch at the B word specifically.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Haha...emails!

No candidate is perfect, ever. Not voting this election is fucking ridiculous.

You know you want to vote for Trump after what you wrote, you know it.

She handled it very well. All that debate prep paid off.

Surfinn

I've gotta agree with others in that Clinton was particularly impressive last night and has shown that she's got the right temperament to be president.. time and time again.

I'll be honest, in previous years I have NOT liked her attitude and lots of things she said/did didn't sit well with me.. but I'm on board now.

Her attempts to converse with this braindead caveman is remarkable enough but her ability to compose herself professionally throughout really impresses me.

draetenth

Really funny way of handling the fact that they're both so unpopular with young people. Sass and condescension doesn't help but I'm sure you knew that.

Young people who have likely been listening to Republicans demonize her for their whole lives and don't pay attention to what Clinton has actually done with her career...

Ahh, I remember my early 20s.

Young people who have likely been listening to Republicans demonize her for their whole lives and don't pay attention to what Clinton has actually done with her career...
It has less to do with being young, and more in line with draetenth's comment IMO.

I'm 24 and my dad's a conservative, so for many years, my knowledge on politics were filtered through him. It wasn't till I was on GAF and watching the Ferguson protest streams that I realized how twisted and distorted that the Republican coverage/conversative mindset tends to be.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine like all her other jobs / positions, people will have a markedly better opinion of her doing it than when she is running (or being considered) for it.

Edit:
I was waiting for the C-word... then he would just blame it on the media...
Even he isn't that daft to drop that in public view.

Cyrano

It has less to do with being young, and more in line with draetenth's comment IMO.

I'm 24 and my dad's a conservative, so for many years, my knowledge on politics were filtered through him. It wasn't till I was on GAF and watching the Ferguson protest streams that I realized how twisted and distorted that the Republican coverage/conversative mindset tends to be.
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with a conservative mindset. But the current Republican party is not conservative.

The current Republican party is regressive.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with a conservative mindset. But the current Republican party is not conservative.

The current Republican party is regressive.
Well, the Mark Levin brand of conservatism. That may have colored my opinion on conservatives.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
So someone I'm arguing with (pointless I know, but sometimes it's just something to do) keeps bringing up random talking points. Now I recall Trump making accusations about the Clinton campaign hiring people to rile up Trump rallies. The person is saying there is email (via WikiLeaks) and video evidence of this. I'm aware of the O'Keefe edited garbage (wherein they keep badgering people until they humor various hypothetical scenarios, then string the video together to make it look like they were in fact proposing it) which is presumably the video to which he is referring. Was there any confirmed email relating to anything even tangentially related to this?

Really funny way of handling the fact that they're both so unpopular with young people. Sass and condescension doesn't help but I'm sure you knew that.
Young people are the ones who end up suffering the most when the worst outcome wins due to ideological purity and privileged moral superiority complex

Jeels

So someone I'm arguing with (pointless I know, but sometimes it's just something to do) keeps bringing up random talking points. Now I recall Trump making accusations about the Clinton campaign hiring people to rile up Trump rallies. The person is saying there is email (via WikiLeaks) and video evidence of this. I'm aware of the O'Keefe edited garbage (wherein they keep badgering people until they humor various hypothetical scenarios, then string the video together to make it look like they were in fact proposing it) which is presumably the video to which he is referring. Was there any confirmed email relating to anything even tangentially related to this?

I don't recall any emails. Tbh, these people fling so many conspiracy theories with such little disregard for facts that they probably can't keep up themselves.

Nafai1123

Banned

There was no email evidence AFAIK. There is, however, evidence that Trump paid O'Keefe to make videos....out of his foundation.

And of course the best argument against this allegation is that it's O'Keefe...

Chris Wallace: “Secretary Clinton, I want to pursue your plan because in many ways, it is similar to the Obama stimulus plan in 2009, which has led to the slowest GDP growth since 1949.”

Donald Trump: “Correct.”

Chris Wallace: “Thank you, sir.”

Looooool

Something that has been incredibly irritating (at least for me) with this debate is the media coverage trying to make it seem like both Trump and Hillary were equally rude to each other...Clinton showed way more poise than I ever would with the way Trump was acting and more people need to make it clear that a 70 year old man who's running for POTUS should not be acting like a 2 year old trying to engage in an argument.

Toxi

Banned
Something that has been incredibly irritating (at least for me) with this debate is the media coverage trying to make it seem like both Trump and Hillary were equally rude to each other...Clinton showed way more poise than I ever would with the way Trump was acting and more people need to make it clear that a 70 year old man who's running for POTUS should not be acting like a 2 year old trying to engage in an argument.
Trump literally called Clinton a nasty woman while she was talking.

"Both sides!"

Rather than compare which is worse, can we at least agree that neither candidate deserves to be POTUS.

No we can't....

What freaking nonsense...

Clinton is an incredible hard work dedicated civil servant who has fought her way to where she is now. She's intelligent, dedicated, compassionate and frankly inspiring.

This idea that she's undeserving is frankly unnerving

Pedrito

I never really bought into the whole "Trump is Putin's puppet". I've seen him more as the classic useful idiot. He also knows that Russia/Putin are quite popular among his fans in the far and alt right. As for Russia, they'll try to interfere with their media and hackers no matter who the candidates are.

But during the debate yesterday, Trump's rambling when Clinton brought up Russia was truely bizarre. Like he was walking on eggshells and had to be very careful with his words. He's insulted so many countries and people, but he can't single out Russia/Putin at all even when asked directly. I wonder if we'll ever know if something is going on and what exactly it is.

Eusis

No.

At absolute worst Hillary's a milquetoast politician, and would be serviceable as a president. At best she'll be a very pleasant surprise for those of us who may be or have been more cynical about her being president for one reason or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom