• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #3 |University of Nevada| America's Final Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

kess

Even if Trump began the debate on an even keel, he was absolutely destroyed on it. He had nothing on the Roe v. Wade segment, and it only got worse for him from there.

Mahonay

Banned
Even if Trump began the debate on an even keel, he was absolutely destroyed on it. He had nothing on the Roe v. Wade segment, and it only got worse for him from there.
In this debate more than the others it felt like Hillary really just decimated him. I mean through the eyes of a sane person, Trump lost all 3 by a large margin. But this time Hillary really sounded like an incredibly intelligent person doing her best to push aside a raving malcontent that rushed the stage.

Lenardo

Banned
both candidates suck so bad, we are getting what we deserve.

i'm voting for "None of the Above"...

green party candidate is a loon
libertarian candidate is an idiot (his vice pres imo is decent)
democrats is a power hungry lying manipulating career politician with delusions of granduer who- i- i mean the woman spent YEARS in the senate and being the sec of state and had no idea how thinks were marked if they were classified...i mean come on REALLY?

the republican is a machismo old white guy with a temper, who brags like that ass in the gym, could possibly owe money to foreign parties, but "he is evil" according to the media. i could go on but frankly he is a poor candidate- he also is a power hungery, lying career business man, who exploits every legal loophole to pay less taxes (but its "bad" to do this)

now the media --that is another story- fucking asshats, their only job - in my opinion is to present news and information, and to attempt to do it in an unbiased manner, and that got tossed way the fuck out the window this election.

no idea about any other candidates, but seriously THIS is what we have to choose from in november..

VOTE .. None of the Above.....

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
The media has only reported stories on Trump.

Because the content of those stories ends up being negative towards him doesn't mean they are biased.

I mean for fuck's sake... the media CREATED Trump to begin with. He won the GOP Nominee based a lot on that coverage he got of saying outrageous things to begin with.

Mahonay

Banned

democrats is a power hungry lying manipulating career politician with delusions of granduer who- i- i mean the woman spent YEARS in the senate and being the sec of state and had no idea how thinks were marked if they were classified...i mean come on REALLY?

the republican is a machismo old white guy with a temper, who brags like that ass in the gym, could possibly owe money to foreign parties, but "he is evil" according to the media. i could go on but frankly he is a poor candidate.

now the media --that is another story- fucking asshats, their only job - in my opinion is to present news and information, and to attempt to do it in an unbiased manner, and that got tossed way the fuck out the window this election.

no idea about any other candidates, but seriously THIS is what we have to choose from in november..

You are of the belief that the media is making Trump look bad, and it's not Trump himself who is doing that?

You also believe Hillary is just as bad as Trump?

Camwi

the republican is a machismo old white guy with a temper, who brags like that ass in the gym, could possibly owe money to foreign parties, but "he is evil" according to the media. i could go on but frankly he is a poor candidate- he also is a power hungery, lying career business man, who exploits every legal loophole to pay less taxes (but its "bad" to do this)

Ow_the_edge.jpg

BSsBrolly

Banned

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. It's definitely best you don't vote.

Pastry

Banned

Read your post and then saw your tag lol.

Pedrito

"Aleppo...Have you seen Aleppo?...Aleppo is terrible...Have you seen it?...Terrible situation in Aleppo"

I could see him trying to remember the "Aleppo cue card" his team made for him to avoid a Gary Johnson.

SexyFish

Banned

Mighty fine tag you got there.

If you really think the media is the one sinking his campaign you're crazy. And if you think him and Hillary are equals I don't know what you've been watching.

mackattk

the republican is a machismo old white guy with a temper, who brags like that ass in the gym, could possibly owe money to foreign parties, but "he is evil" according to the media. i could go on but frankly he is a poor candidate.

Well, then don't think about who you want to win. Think about you would wouldn't want to be president. Can we agree they are all lying and manipulative? Otherwise how would they get to where they are now? So with that they are all roughly on the same playing field (some more than others, but we at least have a common basis to judge them by). Trump is a disgusting human being, Jill Stein has flawed ideas and some insane thinking, Gary Johnson is Gary Johnson, and Clinton has...a few emails?

Clinton is the only one who has a plan and has a real way of getting us there. Everyone else is trash. Sure, I would rather have Bernie Sanders over any of them, but he isn't an option anymore.

Mahonay

Banned
"Aleppo...Have you seen Aleppo?...Aleppo is terrible...Have you seen it?...Terrible situation in Aleppo"

I could see him trying to remember the "Aleppo cue card" his team made for him to avoid a Gary Johnson.
This was also as he kept interrupting Wallace when he was trying to get Trump to clarify what his actual plan would be to help the civilians trapped in Aleppo.

dramatis

The "C" mark is for confidential, not for classified.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Is that tag new? If not, whoever gave it to you gets all the points today.

snacknuts

we all knew her

54bNdCE.gif

Gattsu25

Banned
Hillary already getting her 'dear leader' on with outfit last night:
http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2014_51/815646/141219-kim-jong-un-jsw-658a_d886840619fe73c544f70f7adb9c0966.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Nah, you missed out on the theme of her debate suits: [quote="Log4Girlz, post: 220831121"]I didn't notice Hillary's color schemes in the debates. Quite patriotic.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fIe90Nn.jpg

Red White and Blue. America!!! USA USA USA

Barzul

Appropriate tag.

Malyse

Lenardo
Not very well informed.

It checks out, guys.
Is that tag new? If not, whoever gave it to you gets all the points today.

Mighty fine tag you got there.

If you really think the media is the one sinking his campaign you're crazy. And if you think him and Hillary are equals I don't know what you've been watching.

Read your post and then saw your tag lol.

Appropriate tag.
God damn you.

D6AMIA6N

How Trump is even in the race to begin with is beyond me. He has always been the person he is today, and it has been DOCUMENTED for decades!!! How anyone with any rational thought in their mind could contemplate voting for this clown is depressing. It's not like you're voting for class president here, you're voting to elect one of the most powerful people in the world.

Trump is and always will be a loose cannon.

giphy.gif

gotta build that border around New Hampshire

New Hampshire,,,,, southern border
Gotta keep the Massholes out!

I think any consideration of Clinton's best performance must be heavily weighted toward debate #1. She's not had another Alicia Machado moment. Trump has been babyish elsewhere but he never again stammered, knocked off his feet, "where did you get that? Where did you get that???" with no ounce of denial. That's the shell that rocked the boat the hardest, and began his descent into America's most talked about woman-hater of the past month. The entire narrative around the campaigns has followed the path set out by that single moment.
Also Hillary had to deal with Wallace being more biased against her than any of the previous mods, which she wasn't always able to hit back clearly enough on. Luckily Trump self-destructed again though. Anyways, this is why I'd rate the margin of Hillary victories:
1. 1st Debate
2. 3rd Debate
3. 2nd Debate
So while she won all 3, the 1st was definitely the most important of them.

Really they are both equally bad? When has Clinton:

- Mocked a disabled reporter
- Talked about her genitals during a primary debate
- attacked a gold star family
- advocated for violence against her protesters
- talked about giving nukes to everyone
- advocated torture
- called for the execution of 5 innocent minority minors.
- advocated a religious ban
- disparaged a POW
- attacked a judge for his Mexican heritage
- bragged about sexual assault

Just off the top of my head.

And when has Trump:

- Gotten 8 million children access to healthcare
- Gotten 9/11 first responders access to healthcare
- Advocated for Women's rights on an international stage
- Put a lid on Iran's Nuclear program
- Got an international climate change agreement
- Got a successful ceasefire from Netanyahu
- Got Bin Laden successfully killed

But hey you go ahead and tell us how all the options are bad while leaving out the important shit like Downticket races.

FreezeSSC

So quick question, she says she won't add a penny to the national debt, isn't this kinda dangerous to say? How much power does the president have to control these kinds of things? I thought the budget was done by Congress, won't they just purposely make a budget with huge deficits and then blame her for it in 4 years?

Valonquar

Trump failed in last night's debate hard. Seems like he's terrible at debating overall TBH. At least Hillary directly answered most of the questions. Trump was on tangent city, and missed tons of opportunities to slam Clinton in any meaningful way. Clinton had it all under control, Trump just went to his small arsenal of fallback gripes, even when they didn't directly relate to the issue.

Clinton continuing to try to make THE RUSSIANS into this dark force trying to undermine our election by helping Trump via Wikileaks is annoying. This isn't the cold war, and if you aren't going to address the content of the leaked mails, don't pretend that some foreign party is responsible for what you said in them.

Out of the 3 debates, this was the only worthwhile one IMHO. Real questions with real follow ups. There was still a lot of revisiting the exact same issues with the exact same answers/dodges but regardless, it was better than the previous debates.

Rather than compare which is worse, can we at least agree that neither candidate deserves to be POTUS.

Trump failed in last night's debate hard. Seems like he's terrible at debating overall TBH. At least Hillary directly answered most of the questions. Trump was on tangent city, and missed tons of opportunities to slam Clinton in any meaningful way. Clinton had it all under control, Trump just went to his small arsenal of fallback gripes, even when they didn't directly relate to the issue.

Clinton continuing to try to make THE RUSSIANS into this dark force trying to undermine our election by helping Trump via Wikileaks is annoying. This isn't the cold war, and if you aren't going to address the content of the leaked mails, don't pretend that some foreign party is responsible for what you said in them.

Out of the 3 debates, this was the only worthwhile one IMHO. Real questions with real follow ups. There was still a lot of revisiting the exact same issues with the exact same answers/dodges but regardless, it was better than the previous debates.

Rather than compare which is worse, can we at least agree that neither candidate deserves to be POTUS.

Putin is a dictator, and a foreign power trying to meddle in our elections is an incredibly serious issue. And she did address the content of the leaked emails, which was used out of context and is honestly not really bad anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom