• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #3 |University of Nevada| America's Final Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Clinton has the highest post debate polls to date:

polls_by_intheflorsh-dalqhm0.png

So people thought the 3rd debate was the closest? That is so weird to me. This was clearly her strongest showing.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So people thought the 3rd debate was the closest? That is so weird to me. This was clearly her strongest showing.

It's surprising but Trump was unusually subdued most of the time and that helped him appear more presidential than the crazy hobo shouting at the screen version of him at the first debate and the stalking piece of shit douchebag that showed up at the second debate.

13% is basically a rout in politics. remember he will get 40% of the vote no matter what. If he loses by 13% it would be a landslide.

Alucrid

Banned
Trump failed in last night's debate hard. Seems like he's terrible at debating overall TBH. At least Hillary directly answered most of the questions. Trump was on tangent city, and missed tons of opportunities to slam Clinton in any meaningful way. Clinton had it all under control, Trump just went to his small arsenal of fallback gripes, even when they didn't directly relate to the issue.

Clinton continuing to try to make THE RUSSIANS into this dark force trying to undermine our election by helping Trump via Wikileaks is annoying. This isn't the cold war, and if you aren't going to address the content of the leaked mails, don't pretend that some foreign party is responsible for what you said in them.

Out of the 3 debates, this was the only worthwhile one IMHO. Real questions with real follow ups. There was still a lot of revisiting the exact same issues with the exact same answers/dodges but regardless, it was better than the previous debates.

Rather than compare which is worse, can we at least agree that neither candidate deserves to be POTUS.

no. i'm voting for hillary because i think she'll do a good job as president

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
One kinda funny moment:

"You wanted a wall! 2006 you voted for it!"

a few minutes later

"You want open borders! You want to let everyone in!"

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know why Trump keeps saying the US economy is at 1% growth without objection? All data I can find has it at around 2.4% for the last years, which is actually pretty damn good.

Unless you're an idiot and compare yourself to emerging nations like India...

Clinton continuing to try to make THE RUSSIANS into this dark force trying to undermine our election by helping Trump via Wikileaks is annoying. This isn't the cold war, and if you aren't going to address the content of the leaked mails, don't pretend that some foreign party is responsible for what you said in them.
Do you think the contents of her emails/speeches came from FOIA requests? Would you treat the issue the same way if Nixon released the watergate tapes to the media?

3rdman

Trump failed in last night's debate hard. Seems like he's terrible at debating overall TBH. At least Hillary directly answered most of the questions. Trump was on tangent city, and missed tons of opportunities to slam Clinton in any meaningful way. Clinton had it all under control, Trump just went to his small arsenal of fallback gripes, even when they didn't directly relate to the issue.

Out of the 3 debates, this was the only worthwhile one IMHO. Real questions with real follow ups. There was still a lot of revisiting the exact same issues with the exact same answers/dodges but regardless, it was better than the previous debates.

Rather than compare which is worse, can we at least agree that neither candidate deserves to be POTUS.

Um, no. One of these people has literally spent their life in public service with a list of accomplishments longer than my arm and the other is an orangutan.

The proof is there for everyone to blame Russia.

I will agree that Trump doesn't deserve to be president. You guys can try to make both candidates look equally bad all you want, but no way in hell I'm going to say Hillary is on the same level as that idiot. She doesn't deserve anything, she has earned it.

RPGCrazied

Um, no. One of these people has literally spent their life in public service with a list of accomplishments longer than my arm and the other is an orangutan.

The proof is there for everyone to blame Russia.

I will agree that Trump doesn't deserve to be president. You guys can try to make both candidates look equally bad all you want, but no way in hell I'm going to say Hillary is on the same level as that idiot. She doesn't deserve anything, she has earned it.

Right!? I'll be glad once Hillary is President. She is qualified for the job. The fact Trump was allowed to run and made it this far is a joke and shows you how bad the GOP is right now.

Arkeband

Banned
Does anyone have a link to the cnn panel after the debate? Everyone said it was a mess and I didn't get to see it.

I had to turn it off after a bit, it was just Jeffrey Lords and Kaylee or whatever shilling for Trump and ignoring reality. Their singular mission was to repeat that Trump won, and they would not engage in meaningful discussion.

What does Trump refusing to concede the election have to do with Al Gore? (Trump surrogates are bringing it up)
Grasping at anything to stay afloat. Plenty of CNN analysts thoroughly debunked the comparison. Also, the "if I win" topper today basically cements this as Trump being a sore loser. Also, the Gore thing is a way to soften their obvious dog-whistle message of "Watch out for that illegal voting by minorities"

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

There is consensus that Russia is behind the espionage.

Also, consider that Russia has recently installed an anti air missile system to cover Syria. ISIS doesn't have planes. Who do you think that message is for?

i could only find this 6min clip of some of the MESS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C25x-BPb7Ds
Man, the CNN panel after this debate was the best of all the debates. Axelrod and Van Jones just completely schooling people and putting the finishing touches on Trump, Jeffrey Lord going looney tunes along with Kayleigh, and Cooper occasionally chuckling and enjoying it all. Even John King and Smerconish got some good shots in.

The party spent half a century demonizing Washington insiders

Trump tied the party as the insiders

Republican voters have been conditioned to hate politicians... Now it includes hating the party insiders

Spotted the salty Bernie supporter.

MogCakes

Curiously, that brietbart poll on the winner of the 3rd debate has now shifted to trump with 154k vs 133k votes. I suppose the readers just got really angry their candidate was losing and decided to do something about it, lol.

rokkerkory

both candidates suck so bad, we are getting what we deserve.

i'm voting for "None of the Above"...

green party candidate is a loon
libertarian candidate is an idiot (his vice pres imo is decent)
democrats is a power hungry lying manipulating career politician with delusions of granduer who- i- i mean the woman spent YEARS in the senate and being the sec of state and had no idea how thinks were marked if they were classified...i mean come on REALLY?

the republican is a machismo old white guy with a temper, who brags like that ass in the gym, could possibly owe money to foreign parties, but "he is evil" according to the media. i could go on but frankly he is a poor candidate- he also is a power hungery, lying career business man, who exploits every legal loophole to pay less taxes (but its "bad" to do this)

now the media --that is another story- fucking asshats, their only job - in my opinion is to present news and information, and to attempt to do it in an unbiased manner, and that got tossed way the fuck out the window this election.

no idea about any other candidates, but seriously THIS is what we have to choose from in november..

VOTE .. None of the Above.....

None of the above? Nonsense, you looking for a perfect candidate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom