• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #3 |University of Nevada| America's Final Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
"No one has more respect for women than I do."

"Grab them by the pussy."

"When you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

"Nasty woman."

Who is he trying to fool exactly? And he can't just say "WRONG" this time. Millions of people heard him say those things.

Clefargle

I love how hard she triggered him multiple times last night. His facial expressions right before shouting "NO U" are priceless and also reflect the attitudes of his base. It was lovely seeing him get flustered and jump all over it anytime she backhanded him rhetorically. Really great stuff, Clinton is just so consistent and unshakable in that format. Trump is the exact opposite and it is hilarious seeing him rant and rave on and on all over the place incoherently trying to impersonate someone with a response. He had no substance, no specifics, droned, repeated himself incessantly, interrupted, got triggered, misspoke, and contradicted himself. I guess in a weird way he is consistently inconsistent. What an absolute farce candidate, can wait to see the rest of the GOP try to scrub his smelly stain out of their party and pretend like the last to years never happened as soon as he gets destroyed in nov. Salt mines are gonna be bountiful.

Boney

Banned
I haven't kept too many tabs on Wiki leaks but the Trump riots being fanned by HC was pretty much the only good blow he had and he inmediatly moved past it.

Best moment for me was Obama has deported mmmmmillions and mmmillions of people folks

I love how hard she triggered him multiple times last night. His facial expressions right before shouting "NO U" are priceless and also reflect the attitudes of his base. It was lovely seeing him get flustered and jump all over it anytime she backhanded him rhetorically. Really great stuff, Clinton is just so consistent and unshakable in that format. Trump is the exact opposite and it is hilarious seeing him rant and rave on and on all over the place incoherently trying to impersonate someone with a response. He had no substance, no specifics, droned, repeated himself incessantly, interrupted, got triggered, misspoke, and contradicted himself. I guess in a weird way he is consistently inconsistent. What an absolute farce candidate, can wait to see the rest of the GOP try to scrub his smelly stain out of their party and pretend like the last to years never happened as soon as he gets destroyed in nov. Salt mines are gonna be bountiful.

Lol yeah, the debate was a lot of fun. I'm watching it now since I missed it, it's hilarious. The russia talk was amazing.

jmdajr

1024x1024.jpg

Oh he actually said this too?

lolz

Who is he trying to fool exactly? And he can't just say "WRONG" this time. Millions of people heard him say those things.

That never stopped him before. When Clinton brought up the fact that Trump used his accuser's looks to contradict their claims against him, He immediately interrupted her with "I never said that". Both me and my wife practically jumped off the couch saying "Yes you did!" In unison. It's absolutely unfuriating, but he keeps doing it because he gets away with it for the most part.

Shadybiz

How big IS this O'Keefe video thing, do we think, especially considering that:

1. It is very likely just craftily edited (but we can't know that unless we have the full unedited video)

2. IF it happened as stated, it didn't really have anything to do with voter fraud anyway?

"Nasty woman."

"Can you edit out the laughs?"

BSsBrolly

Banned

1. It is very likely just craftily edited (but we can't know that unless we have the full unedited video)

2. IF it happened as stated, it didn't really have anything to do with voter fraud anyway?

Not big at all. It's O'Keefe, nobody outside right wing new circles takes him seriously.

jett

D-Member
Hahahaha. So I saw this on CNN:

Erin Burnett: If somebody you know and trust told you that Donald Trump sexually assaulted them, would that change your opinion on him?
Giuliani: I can't answer a hypothetical. That's like, if I asked you (referring to Marc Cuban) if somebody told you that Hillary murdered someone, would that change your opinion of Hillary.
Cuban: Yes.
Giuliani: Uh...well, okay but it's still a hypothetical.
Burnett: Yeah, but Marc answered that hypothetical. Will you?
Giuliania: Uh.......

lol

Catdaddy

The comment of the day had to be Trump jr saying the presidency would be a 'step down' for the donald.

Preparing for the L "bah daddy didn't want to be President anyway"

Trump's campaign manager - walking off the CNN interview and said "see you in two weeks" -- the election is 19 days away...

v1lla21

My favorite comment on Facebook on the local news page.

Respecting woman and respecting kilary is not the same
Do they respect woman in prison ???.then why respect kilary ?? Answer me that one question please any one of you please !!!

effzee

There were so many things Hillary did right but I don't get why or her team don't hit Donald for the following:

1. More should be talked about his housing discrimination to link how much of a racist he is.
2. Why don't they fire back when he says things are worse than ever with actual facts about the economy recovering, the stock market thriving, and Obama's approval rating at an all time high since his first election? I mean it completely debunks this myth that people outside of his base are angry or unsatisfied.

Red

It is definitely craftily edited with the intent of riling people up. The allegations might still be true and we will have to see what else comes of it.

I am sympathetic to undercover video, and I think it's a little slimy for news outlets to cover this in a way that tries to delegitimize the content by casting aspersions on how PVA got the video. There is plenty to take issue with already. It's an edited video that makes bold allegations without proof beyond a doubt. It does not directly tie Hillary to the actions that took place, despite O'Keefe's best attempts. It stokes anti-Sorosism, like all the best right wing conspiracies. It misleads viewers into thinking something as simple and classic as bird dogging is a new Democratic code word for some heinous action. And it ignores the fact that even if agitators were placed at Trump rallies to rile up the crowd and capture media attention, Trump condoned the violence against them. I don't think anything revealed in these videos is unexpected or shocking. PACs and campaigns have an interest in gathering protestors and making sure they can make it to events in large numbers. That's not to say the tactics aren't underhanded, and shouldn't be scrutinized. I think they should be. I think ultimately it is better that this video exists, so such claims are out in the open.
There were so many things Hillary did right but I don't get why or her team don't hit Donald for the following:

1. More should be talked about his housing discrimination to link how much of a racist he is.
The housing case happened a long time ago, and would be easy to hand wave. "I've learned," or "I've changed." He wouldn't even need to apologize. We already know he's not going for that black vote, so he only needs to make white people think he's less racist. More damning, and a better tack, would be a move against his recent comments on the guilt of the Central Park five. He still believes they are guilty, despite exoneration on DNA evidence. She should press him on why.

Shadybiz

Read up on him and his ACORN videos. That will tell you everything you need to know.

Will do that. I know a little bit of background; he's had videos in the past that proved to be phony; I guess my fear is that this election cycle has proven that people will believe ANYTHING they see or hear, without checking sources.

Edit: ^^ thanks Red.

BSsBrolly

Banned
It is definitely craftily edited with the intent of riling people up. The allegations might still be true and we will have to see what else comes of it.

I am sympathetic to undercover video, and I think it's a little slimy for news outlets to cover this in a way that tries to delegitimize the content by casting aspersions on how PVA got the video. There is plenty to take issue with already. It's an edited video that makes bold allegations without proof beyond a doubt. It does not directly tie Hillary to the actions that took place, despite O'Keefe's best attempts. It stokes anti-Sorosism, like all the best right wing conspiracies. It misleads viewers into thinking something as simple and classic as bird dogging is a new Democratic code word for some heinous action. And it ignores the fact that even if agitators were placed at Trump rallies to rile up the crowd and capture media attention, Trump condoned the violence against them. I don't think anything revealed in these videos is unexpected or shocking. PACs and campaigns have an interest in gathering protestors and making sure they can make it to events in large numbers. That's not to say the tactics aren't underhanded, and shouldn't be scrutinized. I think they should be. I think ultimately it is better that this video exists, so such claims are out in the open.

The housing case happened a long time ago, and would be easy to hand wave. "I've learned," or "I've changed." He wouldn't even need to apologize. We already know he's not going for that black vote, so he only needs to make white people think he's less racist. More damning, and a better tack, would be to move against his recent comments on the guilt of the Central Park five. He still believes they are guilty, despite exoneration on DNA evidence. She should press him on why.

Slimy for news outlets to delegitimize the content? Not at all considering it's coming from a known fraud with a documented history of doctoring videos. If he had presented an unedited version along with it, that would be one thing. However, he will not do that. I wonder why?

Vox: Hillary Clinton's 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins: https://youtu.be/IlLFTI24Qkw
this highlights the genius of the Clinton camp.

They analyzed, prepered and studided Trump thouroughly. Hillary did a great job of tearing Donald apart by injuring his ego and baiting him to meltdown.

Lots of people underrate her by saying that Trump ruined himself but that was only possibly by Clinton's traps set

Trump walked into 80% to 90% of the traps set by Clinton

Debate 3 was her best performance,
Debate 1 is a close 2nd,
Debate 2 was her worst

Red

Slimy for news outlets to delegitimize the content? Not at all considering it's coming from a known fraud with a documented history of doctoring videos. If he had presented an unedited version along with it, that would be one thing. However, he will not do that. I wonder why?
I think he should release the undoctored content. If it supports his claims, he has no reason not to. So it's fair to criticize PVA on that.

That's not what I was thinking when I said "delegitimize." I was thinking of articles like this, that denigrate undercover journalism for some causes, but not for others. I don't believe it should matter how information is gathered—as long as coercion or threats are not involved.
this highlights the genius of the Clinton camp.

They analyzed, prepered and studided Trump thouroughly. Hillary did a great job of tearing Donald apart by injuring his ego and baiting him to meltdown.

Lots of people underrate her by saying that Trump ruined himself but that was only possibly by Clinton's traps set

Trump walked into 80% to 90% of the traps set by Clinton

Debate 3 was her best performance,
Debate 1 is a close 2nd,
Debate 2 was her worst
I think any consideration of Clinton's best performance must be heavily weighted toward debate #1. She's not had another Alicia Machado moment. Trump has been babyish elsewhere but he never again stammered, knocked off his feet, "where did you get that? Where did you get that???" with no ounce of denial. That's the shell that rocked the boat the hardest, and began his descent into America's most talked about woman-hater of the past month. The entire narrative around the campaigns has followed the path set out by that single moment.

Ithil

Wasn't able to watch the debate cause I was at work. But catching up now. This whole part from Hillary. God damn.
She has no chill.

This is why you debate prep. He used that "30 years" line constantly in the second debate, and in response she crafted an answer to it for the third so that when he tried it again it would wind up a negative for him.

He had no real responses to her attacks other than to try and pivot to an unrelated standard rally talking point.

Ithil

"Nasty woman."

He can't. The crowd laughed, laughed at him, when he said that respect for women line. The only moment that got a bigger laugh was when Clinton dropped the "Made with Chinese steel" zinger while Trump while bragging about a hotel of his. No one is buying his lame defenses about his sexual assault accusations.

Adaren

She brought this up during the first debate. His answer was (verbatim) "We settled the suit with zero, with no admission of guilt."

It's just too complicated a topic to prove on the debate stage unless there was a question specifically about it. Making the case for Trump's guilt requires exposition and explanation, and all Trump has to say is "Not guilty. I love the blacks. No one will be better for me than the black. Have you seen those inner cities?"

I think she did a great job last night of answering questions but also managing to slip little attacks in there that he was baited into responding to. Trump has so many things that he can be attacked on; aim for the low-hanging fruit, and he'll do the rest.

BSsBrolly

Banned
I think he should release the undoctored content. If it supports his claims, he has no reason not to. So it's fair to criticize PVA on that.

That's not what I was thinking when I said "delegitimize." I was thinking of articles like this, that denigrate undercover journalism for some causes, but not for others. I don't believe it should matter how information is gathered—as long as coercion or threats are not involved.

Oh, gotcha. I agree with that. Nothing wrong with undercover videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom