• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

Arkanius

The game is amazing so far on PC
Averaging 140 FPS with a 1080 Ti

Very smooth obviously. No hitches.
Huge Half Life 1 vibes at the beginning of the game haha

Huge Half Life 1 vibes at the beginning of the game haha

giphy.gif

Urge to VPN rising.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
There are literally achievements for pressing start in games. Prey itself has achievements simply for progressing through the story. If you honestly believe that all trophies or achievements are REAL achievements then you have a low bar for success. Killing all humans in Prey is not an 'achievement'. It is not difficult to achieve. It is not something to brag about. It's just a way they force shitty replayability into their game so you don't trade it after you beat it in your first weekend. And I don't like that.

Why is an achievement forcing anyone to do anything?

Just unlocked for me on PS4. I'm not feeling any input lag outside of the 30fps. Could be me being used to Dishonored 2s lag since that's what i played this last week.. No supersampling on pro, boo.

Is it just Ardenyal or has input lag been patched? I'm dying to play but the controls detracted way too much from my enjoyment during the demo.

Input lag+ semi invisible headcrabs= pain in the ass

Man I just got an upgrade on the suit that you have to get to progress but I love parts like this thats about to happen. I had to stop cause Im at a drs office now but Im itching to get back to it asap.

haveheart

Banned
I really like the AI of the mimics.

In the beginning everything is scary as shit. I destroyed every object in my way. Chairs, boxes, mugs, everything.They still got me.

But now I know how to handle these little blops. Some objects appear to be a little off. Sometimes fell over chairs, lone ashtrays, generally weirdly positioned obejcts. If you glance into a room or open a door, you might see them morphing into something for a split second. Sometimes they even flee once you noticed their mimicry and hide somewhere else. This is so much fun. And scary at the same time.

nOoblet16

Why do I have so many psi hypos before I even get any psi powers? I'm like 3 hours into the game and haven't found shit.

Auraela

Banned
they are adding fov to pc options in a coming update said they found some bugs in final testing but have posted the config to edit

sapples

Neo Member
Seen wal-mart had this out on the shelf this morning, Tried to buy it but nope! Ah well will read some impressions and wait until tomorrow to play.

Yea same timezone here but the game wont unlock. Guess thats the thanks you get for NOT using VPN.

I'm playing on PS4^^

And btw: I think the controls are fixed. I might be wrong but I think the controls are better than they were in the demo. Take this with a grain of salt though because I didn't have any problems in the demo.

Mifec

Yea same timezone here but the game wont unlock. Guess thats the thanks you get for NOT using VPN.

It doesn't unlock for another 52 mins on Steam. The less than one hour thingy mean an extra hour on the countdown, a bug that's been going for a year now.

Been too busy at work to read much on Prey today, but I really want to pick it up tonight. I'm getting system shock/bioshock/half-life vibes and loved Dishonored 1/2 also... The urge to buy is almost uncontrollable.

Sounds like the first few hours are at least going well for you guys?

Carlius

Banned
am having mouse issues at 1440p. its off. when i try to click on continue i have to move the mouse all the way to the right in order for it to finally land on the button. doent happen at 1080.

I'm playing on PS4^^

And btw: I think the controls are fixed. I might be wrong but I think the controls are better than they were in the demo. Take this with a grain of salt though because I didn't have any problems in the demo.

Right? I cant tell if its better or not but feels fine after an hour or two.

Also I want the shotgun... where oh where is it!

ISee

am having mouse issues at 1440p. its off. when i try to click on continue i have to move the mouse all the way to the right in order for it to finally land on the button. doent happen at 1080.

Can happen if you switch resolutions. Just restart the game at the resolution you want to play at. Had the same issue the first time I changed my resolution from 1440p to 4k.

Top Bottom