• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

nOoblet16

Where is this psychoscope? I see no information on where I can find it anywhere.

Edit: Oh found it, I actually missed it the first time I went there because I didn't check the right side

Moff

has anyone found the
custom coffe cup
to open the safe
with the scale
in mechanics?

Can't wait to play this tomorrow. I love the System Shock series (I slightly prefer SS1 to SS2, though I've gathered I'm in the minority on that front) and immersive sims in general, so this should be right up my alley.

I do wonder if the devs have specifically taken any cues from the first Shock, actually. From what I've seen Prey pretty much looks like a reskinned SS2 with some improvements (which isn't a bad thing at all, of course).

(Oh and it's my first post, yay!)

JoeBoy101

I had gotten the impression that the demo was terrible for this, but the thread is saying the game is actually going well?

I'm on the fence on this, but could pull the trigger. After ME:A and DoWIII, I'm pretty gunshy right now.

I had gotten the impression that the demo was terrible for this, but the thread is saying the game is actually going well?

I'm on the fence on this, but could pull the trigger. After ME:A and DoWIII, I'm pretty gunshy right now.

That's why I haven't just preordered the digital version. Recently let a friend talk me into For Honor and my assumptions were correct. $60 wasted to verify that I hate those types of games.

Option-

Demo or final game? It's supposed to be fixed in final game.

Demo but already remained unfixed in Dishonored 2.

It´s worse than in Dishonored 2. Like you´re shooting with R2 and the gun triggers a second later, totally mechanic and immersive breaking.

Kard8p3

Real huge question for those with the pc version and controllers.

Can I have ps4 button prompts?? Shit drives me bananas

x-Lundz-x

Demo but already remained unfixed in Dishonored 2.

It´s worse than in Dishonored 2. Like you´re shooting with R2 and the gun triggers a second later, totally mechanic and immersive breaking.

They have claimed it is fixed, that would b straight up lying Its not. I'm about the pull the trigger on the digital version and if this isn't fixed I'll be pretty upset.

Palehorse

Lol dammit. I just got a notification from Amazon that they shipped Prey for me. I forgot about my preorder from E3 last year.

It's on PS4, now to see this talk of input lag for PS4. And it's maybe fixed???

Well I was looking forward to playing it, so I will probably keep it. Just...a funny email to get when I was only *thinking* about getting the game....on PC.

Stupid crap memory.

So how are the difficulties? Do they just bump everything up to bulletsponges or is it actually good? UNpacking right now and unsure what to pick.

I was half joking when I was talking to my friend about this game, but I secretly hope the entire spaceship turns out to be a gigantic mimic. That would be hilarious

Lol dammit. I just got a notification from Amazon that they shipped Prey for me. I forgot about my preorder from E3 last year.

It's on PS4, now to see this talk of input lag for PS4. And it's maybe fixed???

Well I was looking forward to playing it, so I will probably keep it. Just...a funny email to get when I was only *thinking* about getting the game....on PC.

Stupid crap memory.

That review said it controls great but that was on the pro. He was talking about the demo that does have input lag. I haven't played the demo because I want a fresh play though when I play it. Obviously more reviews would be helpful.

Arkanius

Want to know whats fun?
You can't have both Preys installed

Prey (2017) overwrites the old one if both are installed on Steam

LOL

Want to know whats fun?

LOL
knA3XlD.gif

shiba5

Damn... was about to grab this. But, jump scares are a pet peeve of mine and the review says it has a lot. Are people finding this enjoyable?

Just smash everything. During the demo if I saw two of anything or something that looked a bit out of place, I gave it a good whack.

Eusis

Want to know whats fun?

LOL
This is definitely going down as one of the dumbest situations for a trademark we'll likely ever see within gaming itself.

Anybody knows the difference on hard and nightmare? I just dont want to end up starting some kind of perma-death run shit.

The difference between the two is that enemies in Nightmare hit harder and you have less resource.

I'd go with Hard. It's challenging but doable

Ozium

Want to know whats fun?

LOL

How?

I have Prey 2017 pre-loaded and I ahve prey 2007 installed and it is playable. so when the new one is available what will happen to the old one?

Top Bottom