• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

The atmosphere in this game is so dank. I hope by the end of the game I can put this alongside Dishonored 2 as one of my faves on the system.

shiba5

I can't help but wonder why this game and Dishonored 2 both had/have input latency issues on PS4 to begin with. Is it an issue with the dev team?

Different dev teams so I have no idea. It seems fine to me now. I've been smashing mimics with no issue. They were really hard to hit in the demo.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You can install both as there's no overlap with filesnames (well, both use Prey.exe, but they're in different locations) or folder structure, so no data will be overwritten, but, yeah, both are configured to install to a directory named "Prey". If you'd like to separate the two, you can set up a second library folder (Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders) and move Prey 2006 there.

I have Prey 2017 pre-loaded and I ahve prey 2007 installed and it is playable. so when the new one is available what will happen to the old one?

Nothing. You'll just have two Prey games running from SteamApps\common\Prey.

I thought Arkane Lyon developed Dishonored 2. Prey is Arkane Austin.

Yeah, that's correct.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The crosshair being below the center line of the screen is kinda driving me nuts. Why would they do that?

Karak

Is your review coming out tonight?

I want to pull the trigger, but I am waiting for your review lol.

Game gud?

Ya. I recorded it already just setting up the video. I am trying to be very careful with spoilers because...well even talking about why would be one. So thats taking me longer than I thought

Ya. I recorded it already just setting up the video. I am trying to be very careful with spoilers because...well even talking about why would be one. So thats taking me longer than I thought

Stop hyping me fam.

Goddamn I need steam to unlock and unload faster.

FUUUUCK.

Stoze

The crosshair being below the center line of the screen is kinda driving me nuts. Why would they do that?
The Halo games (and Destiny) do this too, I'm sure there's a reason for it...but I've never seen it fully explained by devs or the general consensus on it. Never bothered me though.

luulubuu

I can't believe that I haven't yet posted on the first OT that has a pun of mine as title

I should be ashamed but I have an excuse, I have been exploring the TALOS space station and I'm loving it

Thanks to all of you that found it funny or clever, you really made my day!

Sorry to ask this question for the millionth time, but answers have been a bit sketchy:

Has the input lag on PS4 (Vanilla and Pro) been fixed/addressed/adjusted/improved/etc?

Spanks!

Played it on PC with the VPN trick. Had to turn settings way way down, but that's just on me.

Shit is gooooooood. I need to figure out a good way to handle those robot bastards, but it's fantastic so far.

Should I buy it?
It's $20 off for today only at my local store.

Help me out bro.

How's the writing? Curious how much of Chris Avellone's style and influence is prevalent

I'm still pretty early, and I don't pay like... a ton of attention to game writers? So I definitely can't comment on that second question. But as to the first, it's promising. Dialogue flows naturally, the worldbuilding is excellent, and the whole thing is just loaded with great atmospheric storytelling.

Kadin

you guys change your FOV or just keep it at default? I usually prefer 90, so not sure if I should change it or just keep the default 85 as arkane intended
Where can you change the FOV? This is one of my only issues with the game so far.

shiba5

Sorry to ask this question for the millionth time, but answers have been a bit sketchy:

Has the input lag on PS4 (Vanilla and Pro) been fixed/addressed/adjusted/improved/etc?

Spanks!

Seems to be. I'm having a blast with it, and I was kinda iffy after the demo. Music is fixed too.

Stoze

Normal or Hard?

Is this one of this games where you want to play on Hard for the best experience?
I say go for Hard, especially if you've gotten the gist from the demo or other immersive sims. Can always knock it down to Normal if you're having a tough time.

Ozium

Normal or Hard?

Is this one of this games where you want to play on Hard for the best experience?

Hard. If it's anything like other Arkane games you can change difficulty in-game and there aren't any achievements tied to difficulty selection

the real question is MALE or FEMALE Morgan

On normal phantoms have been 2 shotting me. Can't imagine the further difficulties. I'd hope they'd lower ammo pickups and such instead of even higher damage but you can always be pretty stocked due to the recycling mechanic.

I was really high earlier and I spent over thirty minutes just picking up and stuffing random objects into the sphere that you can use to recycle items. It was fun.

Bethesda don't offer review copies anymore because they are one of the most anti-consumer companies in video games., so it'll be a slow trickle.

Ok.

Has anyone else noticed how loud this game is? I keep my tv at the same volume level when I play games, but this game is noticeably louder. PC.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe this is out and I'm scouring threads just to figure out if the story is any good (I still don't know). I feel like no reviews was a terrible mistake for this one. I can get it cheap and I'm still passing because I can't get even basic information about the game anywhere. Thanks to the people who wrote up stuff so far though

Yarp. This is more System Shock than BioShock. Faaar more desolate.

On normal phantoms have been 2 shotting me. Can't imagine the further difficulties. I'd hope they'd lower ammo pickups and such instead of even higher damage but you can always be pretty stocked due to the recycling mechanic.

They just one-shot you :D

Tbf most of the time i'm carrying an explosive canister to throw at them, so i'd die in one hit anyway.

I can't believe this is out and I'm scouring threads just to figure out if the story is any good (I still don't know). I feel like no reviews was a terrible mistake for this one. I can get it cheap and I'm still passing because I can't get even basic information about the game anywhere. Thanks to the people who wrote up stuff so far though

Fwiw, arkane has never made a bad game, but yeah, do wish BethSoft would drop this no early review nonsense. From what i saw of the demo, the early story was hitting all the right notes, especially if you go in blind.

Ozium

Are there any major differences between male and female Morgan other than pronouns used to identify you? Not sure who to pick...

Which are you guys going with?

I can't believe that I haven't yet posted on the first OT that has a pun of mine as title

I should be ashamed but I have an excuse, I have been exploring the TALOS space station and I'm loving it

Thanks to all of you that found it funny or clever, you really made my day!
It's a great tagline, well done! Made even better with The Flash's image.
IMG_20170428_180953.jpg

Are there any major differences between male and female Morgan other than pronouns used to identify you? Not sure who to pick...

Which are you guys going with?

Well I'm a proud Bi-man so... male morgan?

Female Morgan sounds great too though from what the trailer showed from way back when.

Still unpacking. Sigh.

It feels really good so far and an early side quest seems like it might have a huge change to the end outcome potentially.

Top Bottom