• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

Kazuhira

So,i've just crafted the propulsion system and entered the first zero-g area.
Doing my first playthrough on Nightmare and i'm taking my sweet time(about 7hrs) and if i think about it,i haven't done shit yet but how far am i? less than 1/4?

It's taken you 7 hours to get to the first zero g area?? Hardware labs right? You've got ages!

Yup,exploring the entire lobby,killing all enemies,inventory management and reading every file took longer than i thought.
But i'm actually having a great time here! i was like "wow,7hrs already".
I've turned off quest markers so i don't know where i need to go,getting lost in this game is pretty fun tbh.

munroe

So,i've just crafted the propulsion system and entered the first zero-g area.
Doing my first playthrough on Nightmare and i'm taking my sweet time(about 7hrs) and if i think about it,i haven't done shit yet but how far am i? less than 1/4?

It's taken you 7 hours to get to the first zero g area?? Hardware labs right? You've got ages!

Haven't had time to try myself yet, but apparently you can power up unpowered computer consoles by shooting them with the stun gun! :eek:

Never thought to try that, I used that electrostatic power which didn't work

Hahaaaa I checked into it and it seems I missed out on the
Do No Harm
achievement because
I made sure to clonk Luka in the head before he naturally died, counting as a human kill. 1 human kill in my stats!
Worth it though.

Haven't had time to try myself yet, but apparently you can power up unpowered computer consoles by shooting them with the stun gun! :eek:
giphy.gif

ilium

Never thought to try that, I used that electrostatic power which didn't work

Hm, I would've expected that the electrostatic power would work, too. If the stun gun info is in fact correct.

Since I haven't had a chance to confirm it myself, please take it with a grain of salt ^^

Hm, I would've expected that the electrostatic power would work, too. If the stun gun info is in fact correct.

Since I haven't had a chance to confirm it myself, please take it with a grain of salt ^^

I only know that the electrostatic power shuts machines off. Had an awful experience after I created an electro buddy. He kept knocking everything off.

hew9753

Just completed the objective where
I had to go to Alex's office in the Arboretum and watch the video
. How far through the main story am I?

Just completed the objective where
I had to go to Alex's office in the Arboretum and watch the video
. How far through the main story am I?

You'll have a couple of hours to go.

You'll meet Military Operators after your upload of Coral scan data is interrupted. Its crucials to use stun gun against them, hack them (if you have level 4 hacking), or block the operator dispensers with objects

You would think that the designers and engineers of Talos 1 would have thought to put their flammable gas pipes within the wall interiors and not exposed to personnel walkways, especially in places like the Trauma Unit!!

Why does Talos 1 need so much flammable gas traveling throughout the station anyway?

burgerdog

If the game is to be believed, total story playtime is around 6 hours I think, everything else is side stuff.

As for me, i can't finish the game with broken quest and hostile NPCs, so i'm waiting for next patch cuz the last one clearly didn't fix jack shit.

"campaign time" is just your current play session time.

You would think that the designers and engineers of Talos 1 would have thought to put their flammable gas pipes within the wall interiors and not exposed to personnel walkways, especially in places like the Trauma Unit!!

Why does Talos 1 need so much flammable gas traveling throughout the station anyway?

They probably didn't think that through.

Notice how there's an abundance of baseball gloves on Talos 1? They must have gotten a lot of shipment of them >:D

I imagine it's more that it hasn't really been updated from it's days when the US and Russia owned it.

kliklik

Banned
They probably didn't think that through.

Notice how there's an abundance of baseball gloves on Talos 1? They must have gotten a lot of shipment of them >:D

That's explained! It's cuz Harley Grainger brought a bunch of em and signed em and handed em out, but the nerds didn't know what to do with sports mittens.

Djostikk

Ok, platinum is mine, finally. Took me three playthroughs​ total. Completed No Needless run in 4 hours, not that hard, must admit.

My third playthrough was human powers only and killing everyone. For only typhon powers I reloaded my no power save, got one Typhon ability and watched the ending. Very fun platinum.

illusionary

When the Apex attacks, carry Alex to the panic room and put him there, then close it. He'll be unconscious while you carry him

Hold back the Apex's tendrils from attacking you and Alex using Psychoshock or Q Beam.
Nullwave Grenade is very helpful as well

This objective is bugged for me and won't complete (it just resets when I
let go of Alex's body
). Is this going to cause problems for me later with things like the "Do No Harm" trophy/achievement or anything story-related - even if there may not be that much more "later" left to go?

Edit: resolved via a save game from about half an hour earlier.

Stoze

The stun gun actually does work on unpowered computer consoles. Maybe it was because mine was fully upgraded.

Just tried it on a few, doesn't work. I'm guessing the ones it works on are ones that are attached to generators that you can turn on and off anyways, while others are just permanently broken (like the one in Trauma Bay).

Mifune

Mehmber
The demo isn't a good representation of the game. Considering the input lag and persisting combat music were fixed in the final game (Though the former was fully fixed in patch 1.02)

The demo throws enemies at you sooner as well. Like I remember in the demo January telling me about mimics and I'm like, "a little late, Jan, I've already fought four of those things."

Stoze

The demo throws enemies at you sooner as well. Like I remember in the demo January telling me about mimics and I'm like, "a little late, Jan, I've already fought four of those things."
I don't think so, I played the demo a couple times as well as the opening section of the full game multiple times, and enemy counts and placements seem identical barring the unscripted nature of them.

Grisby

Just started this yesterday. Enjoying it so far on ps4. What's some of the neuromods that you guys really enjoyed?

Also, game seems to run better than DIshonered 2 did on PS4, which is nice.

psychotron

The bugs this was released with are a damn shame, because this game should be on all time greatest game lists. I've put in so many hours and it just keeps getting better. I absolutely love it.

That's explained! It's cuz Harley Grainger brought a bunch of em and signed em and handed em out, but the nerds didn't know what to do with sports mittens.
Haha I loved coming across that detail in-game.

The stun gun actually does work on unpowered computer consoles. Maybe it was because mine was fully upgraded.
When I tested it out I tried it on the recycler, fabricator, and computer in the room that I with power controls in Psychotronics. I tried zapping the screens and the power junctions to no avail, but I did have a stun gun with no upgrades.

Grisby

Got past the first "stage" area I think. This is really scratching that Bioshock itch.

Only complaints so far is I kinda dislike the visual filter they put on when enemies attack you. Combined with their fast movements it makes them hard to see (I mean, I know that's the point, but it's still annoying). Also the enemies so far aren't too interesting in the visual department.

Everything else is sound though. Going
outside the space station was neat.

Just finished after 20'ish hours. I ended up rushing to the end and skipping some of the side missions due to the pretty obnoxious load times (on PS4). They weren't overt until you're tasked with moving around the station, to and from subsections.

The ending was great though.

So everything was a plus except the load times and the somewhat floaty controls.

Djostikk

Just started this yesterday. Enjoying it so far on ps4. What's some of the neuromods that you guys really enjoyed?

Also, game seems to run better than DIshonered 2 did on PS4, which is nice.

Make sure to upgrade inventory space, leverage, hacking, combat focus, stealth attacks and faster movement. That will be godlike build and you will wreck everyone. As for typhon I recommend mimic, because there are a lot of places you can't get into without it.

d00d3n

There is a half-open hatch to one of the escape pods in the shuttle bay. How do I get inside? I have bounced against invisible walls when cup morphing ...

ilium

There is a half-open hatch to one of the escape pods in the shuttle bay. How do I get inside? I have bounced against invisible walls when cup morphing ...

I jumped on the hatch, morphed and went inside. Didn't notice any inv. walls..

bosseye

Just hit reached Arboretum, played for about 9 hours so far. I am taking my time, heh. Serious Bioshock vibes when I walked into it.

Tell you what I love about this game (one of the many things), every corpse is an actual person with a name and a purpose in Talos 1. I love reading about people in logs and emails etc and then stumbling over their body somewhere else in the station. Sparks my imagination as to how they died and really helps give some life and realism to the entire space station as a functioning place.

Djostikk

Just hit reached Arboretum, played for about 9 hours so far. I am taking my time, heh. Serious Bioshock vibes when I walked into it.

Tell you what I love about this game (one of the many things), every corpse is an actual person with a name and a purpose in Talos 1. I love reading about people in logs and emails etc and then stumbling over their body somewhere else in the station. Sparks my imagination as to how they died and really helps give some life and realism to the entire space station as a functioning place.

Yeah, this is amazing.

Jackpot

Banned
I noticed there's a male version of the song sung in the Crew Quarters. Does Sho's gender change to male if you pick a male protagonist or is it just an OST bonus?

ced

Crew Quarters spoiler I guess:

Do I have a bug when I enter there for the first time? Soon as I load in the nightmare attacks me and there isn't much I can do, it one hit kills me. It's like it just spawns in right in the door way. I did make one successful run like crazy but it still immediately caught up and killed me

IronRinn

Do I have a bug when I enter there for the first time? Soon as I load in the nightmare attacks me and there isn't much I can do, it one hit kills me. I did make one successful run like crazy but it still immediately caught up and killed me
No, that's the way it's supposed to be,
though on Normal it doesn't seem to kill me in one hit. I wound up running upstairs to the bar (the Yellow Tulip, I think?) and hiding in a maintenance shaft towards the back right side.

Do I have a bug when I enter there for the first time? Soon as I load in the nightmare attacks me and there isn't much I can do, it one hit kills me. It's like it just spawns in right in the door way. I did make one successful run like crazy but it still immediately caught up and killed me

Does it always happen? Because I remember reloading once and he didn't appear that time. Depending on how you're playing you can do psychoshock on him and that seems to disable him.

ced

Soon as my game loads, he spawns in right outside the doorway and is already aggro on me, there is like nothing I can do. I was able to make one run by in like 10 tries.

OBias

Soon as my game loads, he spawns in right outside the doorway and is already ago on me, there is like nothing I can do. I was able to make one run by in like 10 tries.

Does the timer start when you meet him? If it does, you can turn around, return to the previous location, wait until the timer expires, then you go back and he's gone.

ced

Does the timer start when you meet him? If it does, you can turn around, return to the previous location, wait until the timer expires, then you go back and he's gone.

Yeah it does and the quest objective pops up, right after he kills me lol

I'll try that.

So many god damned load screens in the back half of the game. Maybe it's just an xbox one issue, but fuck bros. So many load screens and for a crazy amount of time too. Might be the worst I've experienced.

ilium

Yeah, Poltergeists are cool in my book. Very convinient to get up to places I otherwise can't reach. I don't think they ever did any damage to me.

Also I love how they wanted one more enemy type in the game but didn't have time to make a completely new model. So they just made it invisible and called it Poltergeist ^^

Top Bottom