• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Price error: Civilization 6 Digital Deluxe (!) for 16€

Dr Thor

Neo Member
Dammit, why do I always miss these by mere minutes :( I had the thing in my cart, then the site stopped loading completely. Hit 'Back', and the game page doesn't load anymore at all.

Ah well, guess I'll have to wait a couple years for the Civ 6 GOTY to go on sale.

Quirah

game is still on my cart list but, how can you even register to that website

trying for 10 mins only to register but its total failure

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I managed to register but any attempts to click the Proceed to payment button leads to an error.

I managed to register but any attempts to click the Proceed to payment button leads to an error.

Yeah I can't even get the game back in my cart. Only get error pages. Any other method to add to cart?

EDIT: well, this might be dead now. Site is apparenrly down for changes

jj984jj

Yes, you can do a search on the store page and click add to cart there. Looks like they took the whole site down though, so it might all be over soon.

Dmented

Banned
I got sooooo boned. After trying for hours, the payment screen went up, I enter my payment info in and then it's removed. Fml. Damn I wanted that game.

MarionCB

So they removed the game page finally. Funnily enough, now the site works OK. Also, turns out Civ VI Deluxe is at the top of the best sellers there.

I'm chagrined but also sort of relieved I missed out. I hope this doesn't cost them too much.

jj984jj

Yeah the deal is dead, they made it so you can't add it to your cart or proceed with payment anymore.

Edit: And it was removed from my cart altogether now.

ngt

Unfrotunately it seems no one gets to keep their game. Post from the Games Republic Rep:

Dear Redditors,
As you noticed the price for recently released Civilization VI Deluxe Edition was really low. Unfortunately, it was too good to be true. The discount for Civilization VI Deluxe Edition was a price bug on our side and the deal is no longer available. We will contact people who bought the game via e-mail regarding their orders with further details.
If you have any question, please DM me our write on support@gamesrepublic.com

[Original post, now edited]
Dear Redditors,
As you noticed the price for recently released Civilization VI Deluxe Edition was really low. Unfortunately, it was too good to be true. The discount for Civilization VI Deluxe Edition was a price bug on our side. We're really sorry, but we need to cancel orders for Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Deluxe Edition. If you bought the game, your money for the order will be transferred back to your bank account within the next few days. If you already activated the game on your Steam account, the game will be deactivated and removed from your account soon.
We're really sorry about the whole situation. During such huge sales like Black Friday, where we have so many discounted games, such mistakes sometimes just take place. As a small form of compensation for the situation, any person who bought the game will receive from us a 20% discount code for the next purchase on Games Republic and they will be able to keep bonus Anomaly 2 game on their accounts.

*Edit, too slow.

I think some people are going to be a little annoyed, spending so much time trying to get through checkout. That said, at that price, it's optimistic to expect them to honour it... they would be down quite a bit of money.

Zafir

*Edit, too slow.

I think some people are going to be a little annoyed, spending so much time trying to get through checkout. That said, at that price, it's optimistic to expect them to honour it... they would be down quite a bit of money.

As I said before, not sure if it was in this thread of the steam sales thread. I just don't think they're a big enough company to eat the cost.

The price mistake was up for quite a long time and was on many different gaming and deal sites as well as being tweeted around etc.

Well, damn. But I do get it. While the wait to try and get it was annoying, that wasn't technically their fault to begin with.

Ah well, some other day then.

Unfrotunately it seems no one gets to keep their game. Post from the Games Republic Rep:

Dear Redditors,
As you noticed the price for recently released Civilization VI Deluxe Edition was really low. Unfortunately, it was too good to be true. The discount for Civilization VI Deluxe Edition was a price bug on our side and the deal is no longer available. We will contact people who bought the game via e-mail regarding their orders with further details.

[Original post, now edited]
Dear Redditors,
As you noticed the price for recently released Civilization VI Deluxe Edition was really low. Unfortunately, it was too good to be true. The discount for Civilization VI Deluxe Edition was a price bug on our side. We're really sorry, but we need to cancel orders for Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Deluxe Edition. If you bought the game, your money for the order will be transferred back to your bank account within the next few days. If you already activated the game on your Steam account, the game will be deactivated and removed from your account soon.
We're really sorry about the whole situation. During such huge sales like Black Friday, where we have so many discounted games, such mistakes sometimes just take place. As a small form of compensation for the situation, any person who bought the game will receive from us a 20% discount code for the next purchase on Games Republic and they will be able to keep bonus Anomaly 2 game on their accounts.

Well this is bullshit

Sulla1980

Well, it used to be the case that Civ VI showed up under My Games, but I couldn't get the page to load the key.

But now it is gone! Oh well.

Fliesen

Well this is bullshit

no, it is not. It is a pricing error.
The fact that this thread advertised it as one in its very title makes it clear that it's a very obvious one, too.

they're giving you a 20% discount code - which wouldn't even have to, so chill.

from a legal standpoint, on most most online stores, placing your order is "making an offer to purchase goods". Only if the online retailer accepts said offer, it will result in a binding contract.

MUnited83

For you.
The fact that this thread advertised it as one in its very title makes it clear that it's a very obvious one, too.

from a legal standpoint, on most most online stores, placing your order is "making an offer to purchase goods". Only if the online retailer accepts said offer, it will result in a binding contract.
Not that I care, but if you pay, the transaction goes through and you get the product, the legally binding contract has been fulfilled by that point.

Fularu

Banned

In several countries a pricing mistake is legaly binding and has to be sold at said price if the goods have already been paid ou the order placed.

The onus is on the seller to have proper pricing and to not make a mistake.

ngt

Personally I'm not fussed about it, but they accepted my offer. They took my money and sent me a key which I then activated. They're a small company so I knew the keys would be revoked, they can't afford such loss.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
In several countries a pricing mistake is legaly binding and has to be sold at said price if the goods have already been paid ou the order placed.

The onus is on the seller to have proper pricing and to not make a mistake.

The legally binding contract is complete when a retailer accepts an order. However, acceptance does not necessarily happen at the point of order. Even the confirmation email may not be an acceptance. Some retailers reserve the right to cancel an order up to the point of delivery. It is therefore important to carefully check the retailer’s terms and conditions (which must be available on their website) and emails – if a retailer simply acknowledges an order, there may be no contract at that point.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...etailers-have-to-honour-pricing-mistakes.html

madjoki

The legally binding contract is complete when a retailer accepts an order.

Then, Question is has retailer accepted order when they provide you the product key? (eg. you click reveal key button in site).

It's not like they come to your house and ask physical product back since "We totally didn't accept the order yet".

Probably not worth fighting though, but I'd guess there could be a case against them if someone wanted to make one.

Fliesen

Then, Question is has retailer accepted order when they provide you the product key? (eg. you click reveal key button in site).

It's not like they come to your house and ask physical product back since "We totally didn't accept the order yet".

Probably not worth fighting though, but I'd guess there could be a case against them if someone wanted to make one.

the retailer hasn't. Their automatic ordering processing system initiated certain actions that are part of the process.
With amazon, not even the order confirmation email is the 'accepting of your purchasing offer' - that happens when you get the shipment confirmation, i think.

Since we're talking digital goods here, everything happens automatically and instantaneously, but i'm sure there's something in the fine print that says that their automated ordering process doesn't automatically seal the contract with you, even if your order was 'fulfilled'.

madjoki

the retailer hasn't. Their automatic ordering processing system initiated certain actions that are part of the process.
With amazon, not even the order confirmation email is the 'accepting of your purchasing offer' - that happens when you get the shipment confirmation, i think.

Since we're talking digital goods here, everything happens automatically and instantaneously, but i'm sure there's something in the fine print that says that their automated ordering process doesn't automatically seal the contract with you, even if your order was 'fulfilled'.

They actually don't.

The End Users agrees and accepts that: (a) purchase shall be deemed made by the Parties upon recording the payment of End User at the Company’s account, and (b) providing the End User with link and proper rights to use of the Application shall be made no earlier than after recording mentioned payment by the Company.

But of course I still find it unlikely that anybody is bothered to fight their decision, so it doesn't really matter.

They actually don't.

But of course I still find it unlikely that anybody is bothered to fight their decision, so it doesn't really matter.

I don't know where the site is based but you can void the transaction in Germany for example.
§119 BGB
Voidability for mistake

(1) A person who, when making a declaration of intent, was mistaken about its contents or had no intention whatsoever of making a declaration with this content, may avoid the declaration if it is to be assumed that he would not have made the declaration with knowledge of the factual position and with a sensible understanding of the case.

(2) A mistake about such characteristics of a person or a thing as are customarily regarded as essential is also regarded as a mistake about the content of the declaration.

Got the discount code. Apparently is 25% instead of 20% though. Kinda tempted to pick up either Doom or Dark Souls 3 with that. Anyone else have plans?

did anyone get there keys revoked yet? 2K is pretty fast at it when it comes to refunding the game with an authorized third party and price mistakes.

Top Bottom