• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown |OT| Where's the prince, sar-gone?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm at the end. I've done all the side quests except the one where you collect all the lore. Did anyone finish that? I have no idea how many I'm even missing.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Number of lore items by biome and those you catched are displayed on the map
Yeah, I have the map virtually 100% completed so there's no areas I didn't explore which means I just missed them. Combing over every inch of this map to find them is going to be a tall task.

TexMex

Yeah, I have the map virtually 100% completed so there's no areas I didn't explore which means I just missed them. Combing over every inch of this map to find them is going to be a tall task.

It's not what it sounds like. If you are talking the architect side quest specifically, it isn't all lore items in the game (of which there are many). It means the 9 specific puzzle/lore chests. Usually 1 or 2 per biome. You only need those, not all lore items in the game, to take the next step of that side quest and finish it.

Here they are if you want to cheat, was missing two by the end myself.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
It's not what it sounds like. If you are talking the architect side quest specifically, it isn't all lore items in the game (of which there are many). It means the 9 specific puzzle/lore chests. Usually 1 or 2 per biome. You only need those, not all lore items in the game, to take the next step of that side quest and finish it.

Here they are if you want to cheat, was missing two by the end myself.

Thanks, was only missing one, finished it. I did all side quests and am missing one more health piece to give me another health bar. Any idea where it could be? I didn’t go to the final area yet, is it in there? I want to make sure it’s not something you get from fully collecting all lore before I head to the final area.

TexMex

Thanks, was only missing one, finished it. I did all side quests and am missing one more health piece to give me another health bar. Any idea where it could be? I didn’t go to the final area yet, is it in there? I want to make sure it’s not something you get from fully collecting all lore before I head to the final area.

I don't think I remember getting anything after the point of no return, but there's no risk in doing it. You can just beat the game and it puts you right back (there's an icon on your save file after you do) and just keep going.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I finished it yesterday. Loved it. It'll be in my top 10 games of the year for sure. I thought it had a perfect difficulty too. Didn't lean too heavily into the Souls element of it where they punish you too much for dying(I'm tired of that tbh, not every game has to be punishing). And the bosses weren't difficult to the point where you need to fight them 7 times. The awesome platforming sections is what set it apart from a lot of Metroidvanias. The most difficult thing in the game was the sidequest where you need to collect the 3 things without hitting the spikes in one go.

drotahorror

A 20+ hour metroidvania that keeps on being great throughout? Glad everyone's having fun. Gonna check it out soon.

The last really good one I played was Metroid Dread. I didn't really care for Hollow Knight though so I wonder if this'll still appeal to me?

My favorites are the guacamelee series, Metroid, Ori 2, blasphemous 1, definitely some others but the genre has a lot of good ones.

TexMex

A 20+ hour metroidvania that keeps on being great throughout? Glad everyone's having fun. Gonna check it out soon.

The last really good one I played was Metroid Dread. I didn't really care for Hollow Knight though so I wonder if this'll still appeal to me?

My favorites are the guacamelee series, Metroid, Ori 2, blasphemous 1, definitely some others but the genre has a lot of good ones.

We have the same favorites, so you should like it. Guacamelee 1/2 are some of my favorite games period, and this game borrows more heavily from those than any others.

If you haven’t played Guacamelee 2 and the platforming is one of your favorite things about the Lost Crown, heavy recommendation there.

I guess my timing was just off. After my few dozen attempts, this was the only attack that gave me trouble. I did discover that throwing a ball would stop the laser attack, but not until the final few attempts. Hmm, now I wish I had a way to challenge it again!

I woke up today and one of my first thoughts was, “I never did explore the jail after getting the key”. So, I know what I am doing this morning.

Fight took me a couple tries til I figured out how to parry that. You don’t parry the tail, you jump over it and then it swipes the head across as well. You parry the head midair and get your big attack in. Beat it first try when I finally’got that down.

Fight took me a couple tries til I figured out how to parry that. You don’t parry the tail, you jump over it and then it swipes the head across as well. You parry the head midair and get your big attack in. Beat it first try when I finally’got that down.
I never thought to jump over the tail. The tail is what gleams gold, so I presumed you parry the tail.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Copped this last night with it on sale for $30

I know i was giving it some shit since I didnt enjoy the demo and I thought the asking price was too much.

Cranked it down to easy and even though Im only an hour in Im enjoying it more than I expected and I already have a feeling Im going to enjoy it more than Dread (which isnt much of an accomplishment really, that game blows donkey nuts)

Shakka43

Copped this last night with it on sale for $30

I know i was giving it some shit since I didnt enjoy the demo and I thought the asking price was too much.

Cranked it down to easy and even though Im only an hour in Im enjoying it more than I expected and I already have a feeling Im going to enjoy it more than Dread (which isnt much of an accomplishment really, that game blows donkey nuts)

The Grinch Christmas GIF by Sleeping Giant Media

Shakka43

It's the EMMI's man. I think they completely destroy the pacing and flow of nearly the entire experience. Wouldve been up there with the best pathfinder games had it not been for those things.
I didn't like them at first but once you start getting the timing right to parry their attacks it's not that bad at all.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Damn, what an amazing game this is. Looking at the announcement and the kind of internet weirdo comments that came out of it, I hope those folks haven't deprived themselves of playing one of the best games of the year because of that.

Currently 3 / 4th way done with the constellation quest.

Top Bottom