• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Natal - controller free gaming on 360

Yeah, I'm thinking those 4 (along with more) will be on the same disc, probably packaged with Natal. Living Statue could be part of a new Lips, or the rumoured Harmonix dance game, or just a service that can be used by any game.

Twelve third party titles doesn't sound too unrealistic. I've read from more than one source (though I don't know if it originates from the same place) that Natal will have 14 launch games.

D4Danger said:
now we've just gotta hope that some of those games aren't bowling, archery, tennis etc
I think a football (soccer) penalty mini-game must be a given. Too obvious. Also JoyRide will be Natal's Excite Truck.

I just hope that while Natal will be bringing in a broader audience to the 360, MS doesn't forget that it can also appeal to that audience with standard controller games too. Otherwise we'll never see that proper Banjo platformer we all want.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
D4Danger said:
now we've just gotta hope that some of those games aren't bowling, archery, tennis etc
Would be pretty disappointing if those games aren't included..

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Monty Mole said:
I think a football (soccer) penalty mini-game must be a given. Too obvious. Also JoyRide will be Natal's Excite Truck.

Something football related isn't a bad idea with the World Cup just about to start.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I don't think Living Statue is THE rare launch game. Might be a smaller side thing they're working on, or part of a compilation as suggested.

beast786

D4Danger said:
Something football related isn't a bad idea with the World Cup just about to start.

Hopefully its just not penalty shot stuff.

How about replaying/acting out the biggest goals in world cup history.

My favoute was Fischer goal against france in the semi of 1982. What a GOAAAAAAAAl !!!!

:D

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
beast786 said:
Hopefully its just not penalty shot stuff.

well yeah but even a game that simple would demonstrate Natal quite well and get a lot of free press just by being a football game.

FrankT

Living Statue: One small step for Xbox, one giant leap for Microsoft's social media strategy. This game lets players record their avatars dancing and singing karaoke-style, then e-mail the video masterpiece to their friends. The company has long nurtured its ambitions for its Xbox Live online game service, which has 23 million active users, to become a virtual watering hole for people who play video games. Living Statue is the latest attempt to encourage its players to check into Xbox Live and make friends.

Had no idea Natal had that kind of functionality. I gots lots to learn heh.

jagowar

Those do sound "different" than what the wii is doing (which is a good thing). They also sound like they could be good and fun ideas for games depending on how well they are done. I imagine that will be the packin suite of games for natal as well.

As for the dozen games comment I think that is about right..... but those are the number of games they will show in their press conference. They really can't show more than that many in a 1.5 hr show (with all the other stuff they would be showing)

AzBat said:
Living Statue sounds like something Rare might be working on according to what Mundo Rare posted...
http://mundorare.com/news/2010/06/rares-teaser-website-is-online/
On Rare's Twitter, they said of IGN's prediction:
Achieves a certain degree of logical reasoning before going off the rails. We won't say at which point
So it could very well could be. Also, the last tweet Rare made said:
Another hectic afternoon in the bright green office. Now staring at a picture of a grey man with a megaphone. You'll see why soon enough.
The wait to learn about Rare's Natal game(s) is killing me!!

luffeN

just got an e-mail from amazon.co.uk about natal and signing up to be notified when it comes available for preorder. semi important I guess xD

TheOddOne

InaudibleWhispa said:
gestures-thumb-600x449-14940.jpg

Minority Report bitches :D

[Nintex]

gofreak said:
I don't think Living Statue is THE rare launch game. Might be a smaller side thing they're working on, or part of a compilation as suggested.
Rare hinted at multiple projects before but the Living Statue thing might've been made by the Avatar/NXE team.

Monty Mole said:

As a consumer you can't avoid Foxconn. If you buy a gadget, you can be sure there's at least one component from Foxconn in there. People don't realize how huge Foxconn is.

Among other things, Foxconn produces the Mac mini, the iPod, the iPad, and the iPhone for Apple Inc.; Intel-branded motherboards for Intel Corp.; various orders for American computer manufacturers Dell and Hewlett-Packard; motherboards for UK computer manufacturer Zoostorm; the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 for Sony; the Wii for Nintendo; the Xbox 360 for Microsoft, cell phones for Motorola, the Amazon Kindle, and Cisco equipment.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jtyettis said:
Had no idea Natal had that kind of functionality. I gots lots to learn heh.

It would be the same kind of replay functionality any game can implement if it wants. Just indexing body poses instead of button-presses and stick-movement.

The games hinted by Times seems to define a new level of casualism.

Let's hope for official announcements of core games enhanced with natal properties...

Router said:
I wonder how old that build was.
A few months, I'd think. It seems to be the same build they've been demonstrating around the world for a few months since it's new look was first shown. Even there, lag looked much improved over the old build. It's still there, but it doesn't look game breaking anymore; especially if coupled with a slower paced game. Let's hope they can get it down further though. His avatar looked much less spazzy since he's playing sensibly too, and the menu system seems simple once someone knows what the hell to do.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
This report says that WSJ has been told by 'two insiders' that MS plans to sell 5m units of natal this year.

Can't find the article on WSJ, but figured it was worth a mention anyway.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
gofreak said:
This report says that WSJ has been told by 'two insiders' that MS plans to sell 5m units of natal this year.

Can't find the article on WSJ, but figured it was worth a mention anyway.

So that would suggest an October release.

*Edit*
Oh yeah Fiscal or Calander :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
GarthVaderUK said:
Fiscal year or calendar year, I wonder?

The sources didn't provide the exact launch date or price but implied to the WSJ that the target was aggressive, as the motion controllers would only ship late in the year.

So, calendar year I think.

Just in case someone hasn't noticed, Annoying Old Party Man has stated that one of Microsoft's first party Natal games will be a Pet game. He correctly predicted Halo: Reach (by name) last year, and Natal itself. He also "confirms" Xbox 360 Slim with internal wireless and a 250gb HDD.

InaudibleWhispa said:
Just in case someone hasn't noticed, Annoying Old Party Man has stated that one of Microsoft's first party Natal games will be a Pet game. He correctly predicted Halo: Reach (by name) last year, and Natal itself. He also "confirms" Xbox 360 Slim with internal wireless and a 250gb HDD.
Seem like reasonable predictions to me.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Alx said:
Pet game + Rare = Piñatas ?

Well, apparently the name, or code name is 'Natalimals'. Yeah...doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. But it suggests its not Pinata related.

Also, he didn't say it was a Rare game...it might be a Rare game, but might not also. He says it's a first-party game though.

Blueblur1

InaudibleWhispa said:
Slim with 250GB HDD? I'm so there.

Top Bottom