• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Natal - controller free gaming on 360

iCarly chick to co-host Natal Conference on Sunday: http://ctrlaltkill.org/?p=5495

It looks like Microsoft is already flexing their star power for their upcoming Project ‘Natal’ press conference featuring Cirque De Soleil with Jennette McCurdy best known for playing the role of Sam Puckett on Nickelodeon show iCarly. Straight from her Twitter account
Jenette McCurdy said:
“I’m really excited to be co-hosting the Project Natal Xbox event Sunday featuring a Cirque De Soleil performance. E3! Woohoo!”
icarlyjenn.jpg

FrankT

InaudibleWhispa said:
Just in case someone hasn't noticed, Annoying Old Party Man has stated that one of Microsoft's first party Natal games will be a Pet game. He correctly predicted Halo: Reach (by name) last year, and Natal itself. He also "confirms" Xbox 360 Slim with internal wireless and a 250gb HDD.

Nice info, but who's that guy again. Some juicy bits come into on Natal I see.

If this is the right price I will snap it up day one.

Dabanton

dread9 said:
LMAO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, IM WATCHING IT ALL DAY LAUGHING. Pls tell me he doesn't look like he literally has down syndrome????

Quoting you so you can't edit when you realise what a disgusting post you've just made

What's wrong with you man?

Down's syndrome? how very,very funny.

dread9

Banned
you guys are kitty cats, if he had downs syndrome then yeah it would be evil of me, but HE DOESNT. WHICH IS WHY IT IS FUNNY. Gawd.

You guys are crazy and most likely hypocritical, I apologize then if anyone is actually offended. I find the funny in stupid things, I love stupid shit, I laugh at fucked up stuff.

Dabanton

dread9 said:
you guys are kitty cats, if he had downs syndrome then yeah it would be evil of me, but HE DOESNT. WHICH IS WHY IT IS FUNNY. Gawd.

But i'm sure you said

dread9 said:
LMAO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, IM WATCHING IT ALL DAY LAUGHING. Pls tell me he doesn't look like he literally has down syndrome????

So what was amusing that he does or doesn't have down's syndrome?

dread9 said:

So your saying people with that condition are funny you just wont laugh because of the social stigma that would come from it?

dread9

Banned
Dabanton said:
But i'm sure you said

So what was amusing that he does or doesn't have down's syndrome?

Im laughing at the fact that this guy without downs syndrome individual LOOKS like he does, IM MAKING FUN OF HIM. I feel bad for the people with downs syndrome, I really do, and have helped a few in my town when in need. What's so hard to understand about what I am saying?

derFeef

dread9 said:

You guys are crazy and most likely hypocritical, I apologize then if anyone is actually offended. I find the funny in stupid things, I love stupid shit, I laugh at fucked up stuff.
Not nice from you laughing at handicapped people :(

dread9

Banned
soundscream said:
So your saying people with that condition are funny you just wont laugh because of the social stigma that would come from it?

Listen, if something looks funny, you are allowed to laugh. You can laugh at something if it clearly just looks funny, with no evil intent.

dread9 said:
Im laughing at the fact that this guy without downs syndrome individual LOOKS like he does, IM MAKING FUN OF HIM. I feel bad for the people with downs syndrome, I really do, and have helped a few in my town when in need. What's so hard to understand about what I am saying?
People with down's syndrome really don't want your pathetic pity.

dread9 said:
Listen, if something looks funny, you are allowed to laugh. You can laugh at something if it clearly just looks funny, with no evil intent.
Different people have different ideas about what is or isn't funny. In fact, it's often the difference between sane and insane.

Anyway, let's not derail the thread too much....

dread9 said:

How bought he looks like a tool, or he looks like hes drunk. If you really help people with downs syndrome why would you laugh about someone looking like they have it, if anything you would be more sensitive on the subject.

dread9 said:
Yes, but if you think he looks funny "because he looks like he has downs" then you are implying that people with downs look funny, and if it wasn't for the fact that they had a disorder you'd be WATCHING THEM ALL DAY LAUGHING LMAO!!1

And don't start the whole "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" thing...

dread9

Banned
soundscream said:
How bought he looks like a tool, or he looks like hes drunk. If you really help people with downs syndrome why would you laugh about someone looking like they have it, if anything you would be more sensitive on the subject.

I don't want to derail this thread, I apologize if anyone was offended.

People would be less offended if the guy in the gif didn't actually look like he was developmentally challenged. I'm not sure how you are so certain he isn't.

Son of Godzilla said:
People would be less offended if the guy in the gif didn't actually look like he was developmentally challenged. I'm not sure how you are so certain he isn't.
The only challenge that guy has is seeing his penis below his belly without using a mirror.

Also, watch the vid. He's news.com.au's IT editor.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
dread9 said:
I don't want to derail this thread, I apologize if anyone was offended.

Don't worry buddy

Just remember to use the term Spider-Diagram Instead of Brain Storm in the future.

damn political correctness crowd, do you people heckle comedians if they are being "edgy"?

dogmaan said:
damn political correctness crowd, do you people heckle comedians if they are being "edgy"?
I would heckle a comedian if his joke was "So I saw this guy walking down the street looking like this. Dude looked like he had downs syndrome lololol". Not because he made a joke involving someone with the disorder (plenty of my favourite comedians have made jokes involving disabilities/race/sexuality or whatever), but because it has absolutely no substance and is pretty much just saying "these people look silly, laugh at it". But whatever, he apologised, let's get the topic back on track.

derFeef

mr_nothin said:
Wow, people overreacting over the guy saying he looks like he has down syndrome.

Anybody ever go to the OT section?
But that´s not the OT section. Anyway, I think we should make the final stroke about this.

brotkasten said:
Yeah, that reminds me of that his and Henry Jenkins' view on modern gaming is similar to mine on game visuals and their modern focus:

". . . nothing has retarded the advance of video games and game design and gameplay so much as the drive to photorealism and representation."

I do miss the more abstract, user interaction, and imagination-driven eras of games. Hopefully, motion games, by their very nature of deeper human interaction, can naturally lend themselves to an overriding focus on that relationship which values interaction and experience potential rather than a creator's focus on content.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the times article mentioned "obsticle course" makes me dream of a ninja warriors or MXC natal experience :lol

Alx

I wonder if there will be a "human tetris" game at launch... it looks like an obvious application, and it could be fun.

Chrange

Banned
Alx said:
I wonder if there will be a "human tetris" game at launch... it looks like an obvious application, and it could be fun.
What's the Japanese game show that makes contestants get into weird positions to avoid being pushed in the water? That would work :lol

FrankT

brotkasten said:
I'm sure Michael Pachter is happy about that.

When you think about how much money they are spening on this, filling that place up, the hosts, MTV, circus et al. It's got to be around the budget of a small core title heh.

pr0cs

Concept17 said:
:lol He looks pissed.
his heart rate is not using to going over 65.
looks like this thing will be good at getting people moving at the very least.

Can't wait for next week

ViolentP

pr0cs said:
his heart rate is not using to going over 65.
looks like this thing will be good at getting people moving at the very least.

Can't wait for next week

Next weeks gifs are gonna get me past 80BPM easy.

Raide

Alx said:
Pet game + Rare = Piñatas ?

Vinterbird said:
Add in Avatars and it could very well be one of the Rare games.

Now, being able to walk around and interact with your garden as your own avatar would be pretty awesome. Add in being able to take a party into your garden, or visit a friends garden, and I will be all over it.

Come on Rare!

Dabanton

snoopeasystreet said:
If Rare were to release a Viva Pinata Natal game with farmville style facebook integration would be a killer app for the casual market.

The idea is scary enough.

If handled correctly if this is true it could be very dangerous imagine being able to farm whilst at work/uni etc on facebook and then coming home to play on the big screen with other players.

Dabanton said:
The idea is scary enough.

If handled correctly it could be very dangerous imagine being able to farm whilst at work on facebook and then coming home to play on the big screen with other players.
Microsoft's renewed focus on integrating cloud computing philosophy into everything (including games) means that you will see exactly that concept come to fruition sooner rather than later.

It's kind of funny that the first time I can recall hearing about interacting with your game character AWAY from the game and then returning to it was that silly chao garden stuff in Sonic Adventure's VMU component. That concept may well soon become an established norm.

Top Bottom