• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

Cbajd5

Has anyone posted yesterday's IGN Playthrough?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/07/ign-live-project-p-100-e3-2012

Even better than the Gamespot video.

On the note of videos, is there any that get to the end of the demo? Watching this live I was really disappointed they died there and just ended the showing there.

Nintendo should've squeezed another 5 minutes or so into their press conference to show off P-100. Hell, just 2 minutes for the trailer.

It doesn't matter if it's published by Nintendo or not, if they don't get the word out there, people won't know the game exists. Most people who don't go on websites like Neogaf probably will only know about NSMBU, Pikmin etc., because people talk a lot of what happened during the press conferences.

If I had to guess to why it was left out, Nintendo probably got paid a bit for an exclusive reveal and this was something they decided they could use.

I really do hope they advertise this when they release it, or even with the Wii U itself. As long as they show off the parts of the game that look awesome and not the parts that made everyone denounce it like the beginning of the trailer.

JoeFu

Banned
Just noticed when you shoot the gun, the bullets are the people!

inb4
PBF186-Guntron_Alliance_Force.jpg

VegaNine

On the note of videos, is there any that get to the end of the demo?

This off-screen playthrough (no sound) times out at the boss and shows a "To Be Continued" card:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aTnmQLfTBc

A second video times out before the boss is reached and doesn't show the card:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDRlYjfOXUc

This leads me to believe that the first video may very well be the end of the demo.

Still, one would think that the boss could be killed. I'll keep looking just in case. ;)

Edit: This article states that the arm of the boss can be unscrewed from its torso. There's obviously a little more to see.

Mlatador

Banned
One of the things that I like best about the visuals of P-100 is the fact that the Wii U next gen power is used for non-realistic graphics.

I hope this will continue on Wii U. I want Colour. I wan't games like Trine 2, Rayman, a colourful Xenoblade 2, all kinds of spirte-based games (*sigh*), SRPGs, trun-based tactics and stuff (*sigh*)

And I don't want those games to look just like the reality. I want next gen hardware (like the Wii U) to be used for distinctively different looking games than Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Gears of War, GTA or Mass Effect.

Boney

Banned
It doesn't appeal to me, and I'm disappointed because I wanted a different asthetic and genre. I would have been happy with a lot of other things besides this. Do I really need to start another thread just to say that I'm unhappy with the route Kamiya's gone, or can I just simply express it in here without bugging someone?

of course you can

doesn't mean you won't get mocked for it

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
GameRevolution: "Game of the show"
http://m.gamerevolution.com/preview/project-p100

One of the things that I like best about the visuals of P-100 is the fact that the Wii U next gen power is used for non-realistic graphics.

I hope this will continue on Wii U. I want Colour. I wan't games like Trine 2, Rayman, a colourful Xenoblade 2, all kinds of spirte-based games (*sigh*), SRPGs, trun-based tactics and stuff (*sigh*)

And I don't want those games to look just like the reality. I want next gen hardware (like the Wii U) to be used for distinctively different looking games than Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Gears of War, GTA or Mass Effect.
I know that feeling. Such colors give me a console vibes, whereas AAA productions look like PC games. I have nothing against PC games but I've always preferred colorful japanese titles.

Beats

Has anyone posted yesterday's IGN Playthrough?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/07/ign-live-project-p-100-e3-2012

Even better than the Gamespot video.

Edit: Youtube Link

This game looks amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing the other environments they have in the style they chose. Has anyone who's played the game said anything about the dodge timing mechanics (like being rewarded with more battery charge if you dodge when an attack is about to hit you or something) or if the pudding parry needs to be used at the right time to deflect attacks?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The IGN walkthrough really showcased a lot of the different formations the heroes can take to traverse the environment. Cool stuff.

Duelpixels hands on impression:

The Wii-U controller primarily was used for the creation of weapons, the civilians you save turn into them you have 3 options you can draw a circle on the tablet and you make a fist, you can draw a straight line and a huge great sword or you can draw a L-shape to transform them into a gun, then you materialize it with the A button, even though not required and you can simply do it with the right analog stick its a nice option.

These attack require battery and that can be recharged by hitting the X button, the more people you gather to become heroes the more battery you get and to aquire those people you must draw a line on the tablet and make the civilians touch it, on the right hand side you see them transform with mask on suited up to join the fight. There was also a boss fight in the demo that i played it involved a very interesting idea of using the civilians as chains, to walk over and attack the giant aliens body parts. A pretty fun idea cause when he would deplete your life you would lose members of civilians meaning the chains would be to short.

Link

Video

schuelma

Duelpixels hands on impression:

Link

Video

That writeup mentioned that someone (Nintendo?) mentioned the possibility that this would be a download title instead of retail. I assume they meant it might be one of the games that is available on both?

Instro

That writeup mentioned that someone (Nintendo?) mentioned the possibility that this would be a download title instead of retail. I assume they meant it might be one of the games that is available on both?

I believe all Nintendo retail games will also be available for download, they probably meant that. It being DD only would be pretty surprising I think, it looks like a fully fledged game.

schuelma

I believe all Nintendo retail games will also be available for download, they probably meant that. It being DD only would be pretty surprising I think, it looks like a fully fledged game.

Agreed- and there has been no indication that it is anything less than full retail from Nintendo.

Neiteio

The word "morph" will probably be in the final title. The heroes have M's on their chests, and Bill Trinen kept describing their powers as "different morph abilities."

18-Volt

I hope Nintendo does good job promoting game and takes publishing agreement from SEGA. SEGA sucked at selling Platinum's games. And PS360 gamers ignored them.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Ok I'm getting this too, I'm so weak.

Zombi U, Rayman, Nintendo Land and P-100 will be mine day one.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I think MadWorld's price dropped to $30 two months after it was released. By December 2009, I think the game's price fell to $10.

Unfortunately Vanquish, which I've bought on day1, suffered a similar fate. Although Mad World was massively overshipped. Both games got theyr legs cut by different decisions: no online multi for V and black&white palette for MW and again no online portion or enough modes. I love both to death although I honestly was prepared to literally worship Vanquish and in the end it wasn't so because slow-mo mechanics are something that I rarely enjoy and you can't play V without abusing that power. I guess I always expect too much from Mikami and I'm also extremely picky on 3rd person/cover shooters.

Both games have performed poorly, but Vanquish was on two platforms and still didn't ship much more than MW while having a much bigger budget. Bayonetta (masterpiece) sold decently, but apparently not good enough for "new" Sega to follow through completion its sequel

:-/

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I hope Nintendo does good job promoting game and takes publishing agreement from SEGA. SEGA sucked at selling Platinum's games. And PS360 gamers ignored them.

I'd be happy with this. Since they don't do PC ports anyway, it'd be a good thing to have them on an exclusive 3 years contract. After that, go multiplat again to enjoy and exploit new hardware.

I think they already messed up not shining a light on this at E3. It's easily the best game they've shown so far with very marketable main characters yet it's at the show with a working title and no stage conference presence. Meanwhile Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, and NSMBU get all the talk when they're just Wii Sports v2, and slight upgrades, respectively.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I think they already messed up not shining a light on this at E3. It's easily the best game they've shown so far with very marketable main characters yet it's at the show with a working title and no stage conference presence. Meanwhile Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, and NSMBU get all the talk when they're just Wii Sports v2, and slight upgrades, respectively.

They did increase the number of demo stations for that game from 3 to 5 when they realized people have a lot of interest for that game. So I think they got the message.

MYE

From the IGN vid

SSKfS.jpg

mHsSz.jpg

fleP7.jpg

MgsJD.jpg

lcin6.jpg

rg1r8.jpg

I LOVE how the heroes look like they are made of plastic lol
And the blurring effect plus the smooth, clean looking colors make the levels look like the most elaborate action figure playset ever made.

<3

That ign vid really fleshed out the gameplay. Before it seemed very action oriented based on the timed demos. Nice to see some puzzle elements

Jintor

I LOVE how the heroes look like they are made of plastic lol
And the blurring effect plus the smooth, clean looking colors make the levels look like the most elaborate action figure playset ever made.

<3

Oh shit you're right. I was trying to figure out why they looked so odd but they're all action figures in their dialogue portraits!

Top Bottom