• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Versus J Debut Screenshots & Artwork

Kusagari

Only buying if the king is in.

Kumagawa+from+Medaka+Box+_9964192fee20c3a89c3c4d7669fa1ee2.jpg

xptoxyz

This Toriko character looked to me at first glance that he could've come out of Fist of the North Star.

I wonder if Goku's presence will mean other old series rather than just newer ones. Saint Seiya would be rad, Namco could even re-use assets from that other game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Lol can't unsee.

But yeah, weird choice of characters for this first reveal... Toriko's model looks kinda lame (I assume the whole game is based on One Piece Musou's artstyle).

wat? The only weirdo i'd say is Toriko. Luffy and Goku are pretty fucking perfect for a first reveal.

Westlo

he's a very poorly designed character to be brutally honest, his colors don't help either, if this is the next generation of jump stars, i think i'd rather dwell in the past.

AssassinClass_c002_p01.jpg

Assassination Classroom is the biggest new hit for Jump since Death Note, the first volume came out 4 weeks ago and is already at 387k... will hit 400k next week... best Toriko volume this year was 487k with massive Jump push and the anime airing before One Piece... L O L.

KillGore

Screw the haters, Toriko is a great manga. Much better than bleach. It's like if Sanji (One Piece) had his own manga

Galdelico

wat? The only weirdo i'd say is Toriko. Luffy and Goku are pretty fucking perfect for a first reveal.
Sorry, I should've expanded: I only meant visually.
This first reveal didn't impress me at all, seems like the just had a massive leftover of blue/orange and it's all so dull, whereas I remember the time I saw the first pics of Jump Superstar I was like

1282506365153.jpg

AssassinClass_c002_p01.jpg

Assassination Classroom is the biggest new hit for Jump since Death Note, the first volume came out 4 weeks ago and is already at 387k... will hit 400k next week... best Toriko volume this year was 487k with massive Jump push and the anime airing before One Piece... L O L.

i don't even know what you're babling about, i'll repeat, if the poorly designed "Toriko" reps the next gen of Jump, i'll cash out now. its been a good run.

A.E Suggs

Looks bad. Loved the 2d art of the DS games and I want another one. Either for 3DS or Vita, long as it's 2d.

It actually looks good, I see the 2D or bust people are in full effect I see.

I don't like the art style, i would prefer a more anime style.
I almost hope that the vita version gets the same downgrade of street fighter x tekken(sfxt vita graphics are more anime/cartoon and imo waaaaaaaaay better, i really don't like sfxt hd versions graphics).

My gawd i'm out, there's no hope for you people. It seems like 2d is rotting the brains around here.

Reknoc

Game looks rather ugly, or at least unappealing with all the dark drab colours it has going on.

Sorry, I should've expanded: I only meant visually.
This first reveal didn't impress me at all, seems like the just had a massive leftover of blue/orange and it's all so dull, whereas I remember the time I saw the first pics of Jump Superstar I was like

1282506365153.jpg

That image pretty much sums up Toriko though. Great series that doesn't deserve to be as ignored as it is :<

Kisaya

Hahahahahah this looks like such a good crossover. Seems like a cute/fun game :3

I miss keeping up with Toriko. That show had some weird ass food but it sure did convince me to want to have it >.<

LegatoB

i don't even know what you're babling about, i'll repeat, if the poorly designed "Toriko" reps the next gen of Jump, i'll cash out now. its been a good run.
What he's saying is that the only people who think Toriko is cool are the people selling Shonen Jump Magazine, because the kids (and 20-somethings who grew up reading One Piece) aren't buying it.

kewlmyc

Why are they pushing Toriko so hard?

Should be Naruto or Ichigo up there instead of that reject.
The creator is good friends with Oda, the creator of One Piece. Plus with Bleach and Naruto in their final arcs, WSJ needs some more big hits soon.

Also, I hope Kumagawa makes the cut.

What he's saying is that the only people who think Toriko is cool are the people selling Shonen Jump Magazine, because the kids (and 20-somethings who grew up reading One Piece) aren't buying it.

i didn't get any of that from his words, but i'll take your word for it, isn't Toriko by the dude who made Hunter x hunter? i might be wrong -__-

Westlo

i didn't get any of that from his words, but i'll take your word for it, isn't Toriko by the dude who made Hunter x hunter? i might be wrong -__-

Different person, Hunter X Hunter barely gets 20 chapters a year lately. Hunter X Hunter author is the same as YuYu Hakusho if you ever read that.

TreIII

If it's made by CyberConnect2 then it's an automatic yes.

I'd honestly trust the Gundam Vs. and/or Dragon Ball Zenkai team over CC2, in my opinion.

And it's a good thing this game does look more like those games, as far as I'm concerned.

Don't like how this looks, every anime game should take after that Naruto thing on PS3 for cel shading etc.

Will these One Piece games give Vita its boost given the popularity of the anime or will people get them for PS3?

Yeah, this artstyle (the same used in dbz zenkai) ain't too hot. Too much shadowing going on and the textures look weirdly fleshy.

Top Bottom