• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Versus J Debut Screenshots & Artwork

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I really hope it's not just One Piece/Naruto/Toriko

Stolen from another forum:

This is just my estimate, but here is a list of series which Shonen Jump has hosted before, and I think that have a pretty good shot at making into the game.

Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo
Dragon Ball (Confirmed)
One Piece (Confirmed)
Hunter x Hunter
Naruto
Bleach
Gintama
Sket Dance
Toriko (Confirmed)
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
D. Gray-man
Bobobobo Bobobo
To Love-Ru
Bakuman
Kuroko's Basketball
Beelzebub
Medaka Box

Chances are really high it's not just those 3.

RAWi

Anxiously waiting for this!

Now, if only Negi Spriengfield (Negima) was in the game... it would have been perfect!

A.E Suggs

Naruto behind Toriko?

PVJScreenshot.jpg

Yep noticed this yesterday when someone on gamefaqs pointed it out.

To love-Ru ?
No way this series will be in this game.

It actually has a good shot, lala is a very popular character and she has fighting potential. Remember that there is voting for characters in this game.

Piers

Incidentally, wish devs would stop with the daft 'Project ____' thing. If it's a WIP name, just call it 'Versus J'.

Naruto is way more popular than Toriko (and probably ever will be) so he's definitely in the game. Jump is really going out of their way to push Toriko, it's funny almost.

Kokonoe

Banned
These graphics are pretty good, if only it were on PC to utilize them to their full potential. Really glad it's on the Vita, however. I may pick up one very late next year for this game if it's decent.

Glass Rebel

This is made by CC2? Didn't they make those incredibly good-looking Naruto games? Why couldn't they make it in that artstyle?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Goku, Luffy and...... Toriko

This Shonen Jump Toriko "push" is getting sad really, they need to do more one shots and turn what the readers love into mangas if they want a future replacement for Naruto, because Toriko wont cut it.

but anyway..the game look ok,hopefully Vita version look decent.

xptoxyz

Slightly interesting I saw another very blurry image of Naruto in which he seemed to have his older age outfit, whereas the posted pic seems to have him be his younger self.

This is made by CC2?

Doesn't seem that way, still no studio is confirmed, I think some people just ran with it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It actually looks good, I see the 2D or bust people are in full effect I see.

My gawd i'm out, there's no hope for you people. It seems like 2d is rotting the brains around here.

Naruto games have the best anime graphics, i really don't understand why more games don't do the same and yes, for things like these:

i prefer these styles:

to these (ugly imo)ones:
WGjRK.jpg
0.jpg

fake vita graphics in official capcom trailers...

A.E Suggs

I prefer cel-shading, but I still think those are some good graphics.

See why can't comments be more like this? I love cel-shading a lot but for some reason I don't want it done for every game, that's why I'm glad that DBZ zenkai battle royal didn't use it.

Reknoc

Well I did always wonder what alabasta would look like with the colours that'd make a sewer look like green hill zone.

A.E Suggs

No they should have made it exactly how it is now. Besides when did graphics start making the games like these? Even if you can say the graphics aren't to your liking its not bad, the characters look like themselves and that's all that should really matter here as long as the game plays well.

The graphics are certainly boring generic CG with no hint of the drawn origins of these characters.

I'd say they should have looked to the JoJo anime's first opening for inspiration.

It's disheartening to see them not embrace the manga origins with any attempt at capturing that feel in the visuals.

Besides when did graphics start making the games like these?
Since always?

None of them have ever stood up to a dedicated fighting game franchise in terms of gameplay, and looking like the source material is a big part of the fanservice that is the meat of these game's quality.

iavi

No they should have made it exactly how it is now. Besides when did graphics start making the games like these? Even if you can say the graphics aren't to your liking its not bad, the characters look like themselves and that's all that should really matter here as long as the game plays well.

It mattered when CC2 proved that they could make it seem like the characters look like they were right off the panel, and animate like a movie, regardless of manga origin; Both Naruto and seemingly JoJo are perfection when it comes to translating the designs to 3d.

This has the same clay look as the One Piece Musou game. Not the worst thing, but nowhere near the best out there, imo.

A.E Suggs

The graphics are certainly boring generic CG with no hint of the drawn origins of these characters.

I'd say they should have looked to the JoJo anime's first opening for inspiration.

It's disheartening to see them not embrace the manga origins with any attempt at capturing that feel in the visuals.

Since always?

None of them have ever stood up to a dedicated fighting game franchise in terms of gameplay, and looking like the source material is a big part of the fanservice that is the meat of these game's quality.

It does look like the source material just in 3D. But whatever I'm done arguing its not like I'm gonna change anyone's opinion on this. I'm at least confident as long as the game is good people will like it, this is just the pre-gameplay stage where people complain.

It mattered when CC2 proved that they could make it seem like the characters look like they were right off the panel, and animate like a movie, regardless of manga origin; Both Naruto and seemingly JoJo are perfection when it comes to translating the designs to 3d.

This has the same clay look as the One Piece Musou game. Not the worst thing, but nowhere near the best out there, imo.

While that's true again the graphics aren't bad and that's all I care about, every game shouldn't have to look like CC2 games. People never had this problem playing games from marvel or DC comics when they have games in 3D.

TreIII

While that's true again the graphics aren't bad and that's all I care about, every game shouldn't have to look like CC2 games. People never had this problem playing games from marvel or DC comics when they have games in 3D.

...You must not have checked any of the Injustice topics on a regular basis, now have you? :lol

But seriously, all I care about is seeing if the Gundam Vs. or Zenkai team is working on this. If that much is true, then that's all I need to have an inclination that this will be a solid game.

CC2 makes pretty-looking games with QTEs...and that's about it unless JJBA:ASB stands to change things.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Despite the existence of Jojo ASB, I would love some Jojo love in this game.

One of these days Jump will realize Toriko is never going to be as popular as OP/DBZ/Naruto and they'll go on to push other series that are more likely to resonate with a mass audience.

DB/Z: Series about martial artist who search for 7 objects that'll grant any wish

Easy to grasp, easy to connect to

Naruto: Series about a rookie ninja training to become the best

OP: Series about pirates searching for the ultimate treasure

Toriko: Series about people who hunt rare animals/spices to make 5 star meals

Not easy to grasp, not easy to connect to

Really the biggest mistake Toriko made was casting it's main protagonist as already one of the best in his series. SJ's fan base is all about watching our hero go from boy with big dreams to most bad ass character ever see damn near every Jump manga ever.

Top Bottom