• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Got this pre-ordered on amazon for release day shipping. Excited!

Although I seem to have read a lot of negative opinions on the orignal Japanese version. Am I going to regret this purchase? Lol.

Sadist

Can't wait for July. Ordered my copy pretty cheap, saves me 10 euros. I'm thinking this will have a limited run, so that's why I'm there for launch.

cj_iwakura

I'm on the pre-order hype train now! :D

32OZHEY.png

CJ, you have any Zero PxZ avatar under your sleeve? I'd take one!

I aim to please.

Wave 2!

CHu6mUE.jpg
jnQRPTK.jpg
wKjStTB.jpg
BPcFsdS.jpg
klVcVTq.jpg

1BdK4ne.jpg
YK7hyjg.jpg
7hsmQfW.jpg
AX964Ll.jpg
ItXIrBQ.jpg

cj_iwakura

If I could make it look sharp(if BlackJace is up for it maybe?), I'd add solidarity by putting an X or some such on everyone's avatars.

Markun

I just realized that there are three voice actors voicing three different characters in this game.

Nobuyuki Hiyama: Haken, Demitri, Batsu
Maaya Sakamoto: Alisa, Xiaoyu, Aura
Mariko Suzuki: KOS-MOS, T-elos, Neito

The last one is really surprising because she uses a really different voice for each character. It's really amazing.

There's also a lot of voice actors pulling double duty in this game. I can't wait to see the VA jokes since Banpresto loves to put them in their games.

</useless trivia>

vall03

Took a quick look at the pics and the character/franchise line-ups again, and just like the OP, I'm familiar, or at least heard of all of the characters/franchises in here outside of that Yumeria girl. Whats even more sad is that I barely played majority of the franchises here.

olimpia84

I still need to play the demo for this game before I make a decision but Animal Crossing is keeping me from doing it lol

Hurley

Just tried the demo from the eshop.

Had absolutely no fucking idea what was happening during battles but i loved it.

kunonabi

getting it day one but i'm out of town so i can't play it till july. hopefull that givesme enought time to clear my backlog. as much as i love them keeping the japanese voices i wish they had gotten apollo smile for ulala. her japanese va just doesn't cut it.

Brokun

Great OT.

In an effort to shorten my backlog prior to November I almost cancelled my preorder of this. After reading this I'm glad I didn't! Can't wait.

GeekyDad

has the combat any kind of depth or is the usual "keep pressing A and awesome happens"?

Keep pressing A and lotta "turn end" happens. Utilize your normal attacks in order, earn an extra normal attack; take advantage of Cross attacks using Solo/Support attacks with normals, driving up XP gauge; keep jugging going for crits, etc., use specials to finish and awesome happens.

nmanma

Liked the demo, like fanservice, day 1

One thing I like about crossovers is being introduced to other games. If it weren't because of PXZ I don't think I would have played Space Channel 5, Devil May Cry or Resonance of Fate, which were all great. My younger brother got into Valkyria Chronicles and Shining Force EXA. He liked both and they looked like fun to me so I'll play them eventually

Actually I wanted to start with Xenosaga since I really dug that character in Endless Frontier, but it became apparent that was a really long game, so I put it on hold to try others

Tunic

Tried out the demo last night and had a lot of fun with it. Haven't read to much about this game but I am interested in it now.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Because like 20 people bought the original. :(

It was seriously that bomba? I always assumed that it did well enough because it managed a second print without the bonus CD and thought that EXCEED was simply skipped over due to coming out during that period where Atlus basically didn't localize anything non-SMT/Sting.

I aim to please.

Wave 2!

YK7hyjg.jpg

I'll take Frank, while I was terribly confused with the demo, I still plan to pick this up...Especially since we're getting the LE during the initial run and it also comes out the day before my birthday, plus since this and the artbook are the only ways to experience some aspect of VC3...also, because NewEgg had it for slightly cheaper.

A.E Suggs

Day 2! Because I won't be able to play it day 1 so I may as well pick it up on day 2.

I also didn't know that batsu was playable I thought he was a support. Well that's good to know and being paired with juri should be interesting.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
eh0oJeC.png

Just hope the mini-poster isn't too mini.

demidar

The only thing I'm worried about is the depth of the gameplay. It feels like I already hit the peak in the demo, all that was left was memorizing each attack of each character to get critical hits. Can someone who's played it confirm/deny?

Loona

I also didn't know that batsu was playable I thought he was a support. Well that's good to know and being paired with juri should be interesting.

Batsu is a support character, it's just the way the OP's organized that makes him look paired up.

If he were paired up, Bahn would be the natural choice. I wish there was at least one mixed companies team like in NxC.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cannot wait to pick my copy up next Tuesday, especially to have the OST to listen to while driving.

Come on, Namco, release the second demo already! I've almost used up all 5 plays on demo A.

ohlawd

The only thing I'm worried about is the depth of the gameplay. It feels like I already hit the peak in the demo, all that was left was memorizing each attack of each character to get critical hits. Can someone who's played it confirm/deny?

Most impressions of the game all say the same thing about the gameplay:

Better remember that one sick combo you know because that's all you'll be using for 30+ hours.

Ahaha~
Yes, that is me.

I have the four Devil May Cry games sitting right next to me, but I can't, just can't...

Might want to throw away DMC2.

If you own the HD Collection, then just forget it exists :3

Top Bottom