• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I tried the demo. I liked all the characters. But I had this impression all the moves were the same. No real difference. I'm probably wrong about that. I would like to try the full version. Ryu/Ken didn't seem as strong as some of the other characters.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I tried the demo. I liked all the characters. But I had this impression all the moves were the same. No real difference. I'm probably wrong about that. I would like to try the full version. Ryu/Ken didn't seem as strong as some of the other characters.

It felt like every pairing has similar moves in utility, but they're definitely not the same because they juggle differently, break armor at different rates, and build meter at different speeds.

I'm also not entirely sure how XP expenditure works, since it feels like that bar decreases even when you don't use it in certain attacks or defensive maneuvers.

RangerBAD

It felt like every pairing has similar moves in utility, but they're definitely not the same because they juggle differently, break armor at different rates, and build meter at different speeds.

I'm also not entirely sure how XP expenditure works, since it feels like that bar decreases even when you don't use it in certain attacks or defensive maneuvers.

Yeah, timing will be different with each pair, what order you choose to do your attacks and you'll always be pushing for higher combos. I'm sure those bottom out way late in the game.

Can't wait for this. Loved Namco x Capcom, loved the SRW Frontier series, and will be happy to have this one to play. Then again, I like Crossover games in general. Had my preorder down for as long as I can remember. Gonna have some fun with this.

FYC

Banned
Holy shit, my friend is selling his 3DS(he got an XL)

Guys should I do it

I need my Dante

FUCK IT, I'm sorry Vita I hope you're not jealous

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yay, Zel! Who you looking forward to play as the most? Also did you play Namco x Capcom?

I never played the original sadly, but I have the import of this. I stopped playing when the English version was announced.

Mostly my Sakura Wars crew. Sakura Wars was my main obsession from about 2000-2010. XD

Bladenic

Really? Ryu/Ken seemed pretty boss to me. The weakest, to me, seemed to be either Soma/Alisa or Kyte/BlackRose.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Holy shit, my friend is selling his 3DS(he got an XL)

Guys should I do it

I need my Dante

FUCK IT, I'm sorry Vita I hope you're not jealous

The 3DS has a lot of good games on it, man. I waited until there was a sale, but I knew I was going to pick one up for Ace Attorney eventually. There's a good variety, and the current inventory has a lot of room to grow.

RangerBAD

This thread needs a gif of John McClane with his hnnnggggg face.

k-bigpic.jpg

FYC

Banned
The 3DS has a lot of good games on it, man. I waited until there was a sale, but I knew I was going to pick one up for Ace Attorney eventually. There's a good variety, and the current inventory has a lot of room to grow.

Yeah, been contemplating one for a while. I'll see if I can get it from him.

So much fan service in this game that I actually want to get it. And that original Dante appears in it is just awesome.

Been a while since we've seen DMC1 Dante in action huh?

The demo was pretty fun once I got the hang of it.
I know a good 80% of the characters so I'm really looking forward to seeing some of them in a new game.

This thread needs a gif of John McClane with his hnnnggggg face.

k-bigpic.jpg

you know, as bad as the new Die Hard flick was...it surprises me that SEGA never took the opportunity to digitally re-release Die Hard Arcade (or atleast re-brand the SEGA Ages release that was already on the Japanese PSN)...then again, as most would go: LOLSEGALOGIC.

Videoneon

you know, as bad as the new Die Hard flick was...it surprises me that SEGA never took the opportunity to digitally re-release Die Hard Arcade (or atleast re-brand the SEGA Ages release that was already on the Japanese PSN)...then again, as most would go: LOLSEGALOGIC.

I stayed away from A good day to die hard. Didn't like Live free or die hard either =P but I'm not a Die Hard vet or anything.

I always hear people saying amazing things about Die Hard Arcade, I'm starting to feel like I missed out on it.

squall23

Buying this because I loved Super Robot Wars OG Endless Frontier on DS.
whyyyyyyy can't Suzuka-hime be in this whyyyyyyyyy
Because you don't need a demon controlling a robot when you have the sword that cleaves evil.
Pretty excited for this.

I have a fun fact for one that you're missing. Haken Browning is voiced by Link =P
More specifically OoT Link. TP Link is voiced by Dearka.

faridmon

I don't say this, like, at all but I'll say it sincerely; This is one of the best OP I have read so far. Enjoyed the fun facts on various franchises. Well done OP!

Voror

Played through the demo finally. I love the idea and the animations are great, but I can't say I'm sold on the battle system though it may be that I simply don't fully understand it as of yet so I'll have to try it out some more.

Het_Nkik

Damn, this is already out next week? I should get back into Namco x Capcom so I can be all caught up. I hate playing sequels without beating the originals.

Top Bottom