• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

fates

Just 2 copies? Uh oh... I was under the impression that this first run wasn't actually a very small run, I thought it was gonna be a normal print run but with all the goodies only for this first pressing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just 2 copies? Uh oh... I was under the impression that this first run wasn't actually a very small run, I thought it was gonna be a normal print run but with all the goodies only for this first pressing.

I'm sure it will be, but they'll probably scale the first run for demand. I have no idea how hard people are pre-ordering this thing, but I can't imagine the numbers are that high.

81qehTT4b9L.jpg

fates

Preordered mine back in February as soon as it popped up. Just ordered another for my younger bro. He loves Megaman, Devil May Cry, SF and Tekken so I think he'll get a kick out of this game.

GeekyDad

Yeah, I think the "Supports" title for the Capcom line-up just needs to be moved up a couple, right above Arthur/Lady. I can see why some folks are confused.

Het_Nkik

Seriously though, I'm really mad about the Sega lineup in this game. I don't know most the peeps outside of Virtua Fighter, Ulala, John McClain, and sort of the RoF cast (have the game, haven't played it :p).

But human (they seem to by shying away from non-humans in this game for some reason) characters from ANY of the following games would have been preferred:

Streets of Rage
Skies of Arcadia
Golden Axe
Jet Set Radio
Shenmue
Yakuza
Phantasy Star
House of the Dead (though I guess they got the Zombie Revenge spin-off dude I don't even recognize)

Sega dropping that ball.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's actually a "reverse" Namco X Capcom as far as roster goes. While in NxC everyone was an arcade character, this one has everyone being modern characters.

Soul Beat

Our store doesn't really get many games, especially these kinds of games. So I'm sure other stores will get a lot more copies...hopefully anyway.

Videoneon

Our store doesn't really get many games, especially these kinds of games. So I'm sure other stores will get a lot more copies...hopefully anyway.

My local Gamestop got just three copies of Virtue's Last Reward at launch. It's a decently busy suburb, and not a major city, so maybe that factors in.

squall23

Seriously though, I'm really mad about the Sega lineup in this game. I don't know most the peeps outside of Virtua Fighter, Ulala, John McClain, and sort of the RoF cast (have the game, haven't played it :p).

But human (they seem to by shying away from non-humans in this game for some reason) characters from ANY of the following games would have been preferred:

Streets of Rage
Skies of Arcadia
Golden Axe
Jet Set Radio
Shenmue
Yakuza
Phantasy Star
House of the Dead (though I guess they got the Zombie Revenge spin-off dude I don't even recognize)

Sega dropping that ball.
See, the problem here is that you don't know that Sakura Wars was a huge franchise over there, and I greatly emphasize was. Quite frankly, Sakura Wars characters being in the same game as SRW characters and in a game developed by SRW and ex-SRW devs is nothing short of hilarious and extremely ironic.

FYC

Banned
Well I did it, bought my friends old 3DS just for this game.

Hype. Guess I'll try my brothers collection in the meantime.

i-Jest

WOW I literally just found out this is being localized. I'm so happy.

I don't even have a 3DS and I'm buying this. Maybe I'll borrow my brothers or something, I don't know. Looks amazing, I love crossovers / fanservice and most importantly DANTEEEEEE!!!

Hold me GAF. It's too beautiful. The sprites are gorgeous. The music is awesome. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH FIRST DAY ONE GAME IN FOREVER

Good OT

When I saw the teaser X chromosome images I was skeptical. When I saw that OG Dante made the roster I was happy. When I played the demo I was convinced to get the game. I look at that Youtube video and now I'm on that pre-order band wagon.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well I did it, bought my friends old 3DS just for this game.

Hype. Guess I'll try my brothers collection in the meantime.

If you've never had a DS before, you may want to dive into older DS games while you're at it. The original DS library is full of gems.

Super Robot Wars: Endless Frontier plays a lot like Project X Zone, so that might be worth popping in.

Bladenic

Ugh mad about missing a Newegg promo that gave you 6 bucks off this game.

Oh well, $40 bucks ain't bad considering the huge amount of stuff you get, so I'm okay with it (I guess).

Loona

Ordered it like a month ago on Amazon, can't wait to press random buttons and win the game.

Speaking of ordering from Amazon, are 3DSs from the UK compatible with the rest of Europe?
I know the 3DS is region locked, which made the propect of importing the game pre-locaclization troublesome, but I don't know if there's some division between the UK and the continent...

Speaking of ordering from Amazon, are 3DSs from the UK compatible with the rest of Europe?
I know the 3DS is region locked, which made the propect of importing the game pre-locaclization troublesome, but I don't know if there's some division between the UK and the continent...

Should be. There are only 3 different regions for the 3DS as far as I know. NA, EU, and JP.

demidar

I know the game is a little repetitive but who cares, right? It's pure fan service.

I love the anime cel-shaded drawings.

I'd probably love all this fanservice if I knew even half the characters. I got missing spots all across the Sega and Namco lineup besides the most exposed characters.

Everyone pretty much knows what to expect here, no surprises. It's a fanservice heavy game with long and sometimes repetitive strategy and fight mini-games.

If that sounds like your cup of tea then go for it.

Tried the demo. Really liked it! Had no idea what I was doing but was still fun. Even though its in English it felt like I was playing a Japanese import game! When I played Ryu/Ken and that music came on it brought a huge nerdy smile to my face!

Anyway, that Valkyrie blonde girl. She had a huge role in Namco x Capcom, right? So supports, do they have a big role in this series as far as story/dialogue goes or are they more like cameos?

Loona

Anyway, that Valkyrie blonde girl. She had a huge role in Namco x Capcom, right? So supports, do they have a big role in this series as far as story/dialogue goes or are they more like cameos?

I read in this game Valkyrie's story ties in with the Valkyria Chronicles characters', and one of the stages takes place in Zouna's pyramid, which is from her series, so even if assist characters are sadly limited gameplay-wise, they can still carry some weight in the story.

I read in this game Valkyrie's story ties in with the Valkyria Chronicles characters', and one of the stages takes place in Zouna's pyramid, which is from her series, so even if assist characters are sadly limited gameplay-wise, they can still carry some weight in the story.
Sounds good! Looks like every character may have some story to them. Sounds fun!

RangerBAD

Tried the demo. Really liked it! Had no idea what I was doing but was still fun. Even though its in English it felt like I was playing a Japanese import game! When I played Ryu/Ken and that music came on it brought a huge nerdy smile to my face!

You mean this?

cj_iwakura

Huge might be an exaggeration, but an entire level is about her, and she is VERY powerful.

Top Bottom