• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROMETHEUS Full Theatrical Trailer (2:32) + International UK trailer (2:47)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
All theatre listings? 3D only (at least where I live) in the 4 different cinemas local, and 6 within the region. I'm not paying £30 to go see a movie.

That's opinion, so will not argue it. However, my opinion is that 3D is just a very gimmicky concept at the moment based on all the other 3D movies that have been released. It shouldn't be forced onto people, certainly not with a major release such as this. Its horribly overpriced too.

I despise post-converted 3D. But Avatar (despite it being shite) and Hugo looked great in 3D so I assume this will too.

big ander

3d's absolutely bullshit unless a film is shot in 3d. even then it's not necessarily an advantage (Hugo). I'll see Prometheus in 3d in the hope that Scott used it well, but I have reservations.

kharma45

Soundtrack review posted yet?

Overall, Prometheus is an impressive entry in the franchise's musical body, especially considering I haven't really been impressed with the previous work of either Marc Streitenfeld or Harry Gregson-Williams. I admire its purity. It's wondrous and beautiful at times, but is often brutal, uncompromising and just plain unsettling. Let's hope the film is the same.

I don't mind 3D if I feel it adds something to the experience. Up to this point I think Avatar has been the best 3D movie I have seen, it worked brilliantly with the visuals and provided an extremely immersive experience.

In my opinion 3D is best used in movies that present a new world to the audience such as Tron Legacy, Avatar or even Alice in Wonderand even though it wasn't good. I don't mind seeing a movie in 3D if it is filmed using the 3D cameras or if the conversion is top notch. But if it is a film like the Avengers or Pirates of the Caribbean it is not really necessary, and I only watch it in 3D to get the IMAX screen.

However I feel that Prometheus falls into the category of movie that would be good in 3D. Not only has it got gorgeous visuals based off the trailers, but it is also shot in 3D (I think). It is also the first horror film I will see in 3D so I think the added layer of immersion will make it seem scarier.

By the way, I am seeing the midnight screening on release which is less than a day after the premier so I will be watching it without knowing what the critics think of it, so I will come online and give mine and my friends impressions (without spoilers) on the first of June, for those abroad.

About the gif

A Space Jockey being held by another monster... wtf?

As I said earlier, there's MUCH we don't know about the movie, even with all the spoilers we already got to know.

Pctx

Banned
3d's absolutely bullshit unless a film is shot in 3d. even then it's not necessarily an advantage (Hugo). I'll see Prometheus in 3d in the hope that Scott used it well, but I have reservations.

Everything I've read states that he used it accordingly as Cameron did with Avatar.

About the gif

A Space Jockey being held by another monster... wtf?

As I said earlier, there's MUCH we don't know about the movie, even with all the spoilers we already got to know.

Exactly.
Holy shit!!!! It's also a little tease of an image, but I'd still recommend those that are trying to stay fairly in the dark to not watch.

big ander

Everything I've read states that he used it accordingly as Cameron did with Avatar.

I thought that with Hugo too, but I was disappointed by the added dimension. Did nothing.
And while I thought I loved the 3D in Avatar the first time I saw it (in IMAX 3D), I then saw it in 2D and then in regular 3D and realized the extra great art direction was what really impressed me. Even in Avatar, 3D did not add much. So I'm still looking for a defining 3D film. There are some films where 3D is still used interestingly enough to hold its status as a novelty, but there are plenty more where it's a complete nuisance. I'm waiting for a film that truly uses 3D in a way that feels necessary.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Don't think this has been posted at all, but VERY SPOILERY. you have been warned, if you're staying dark don't click.

Apparently this showed up in a TV spot... click here for spoiler gif

what the fuck is that?!?!?

KINDA MAJOR SPOILERS

It's a a tentacle rape monster.

No, I'm not joking. There is a tentacle rape monster in Prometheus.

Once again. I AM NOT JOKING. Shaw, the main character, gets it out of her body with a C section and it grows into that thing. She gets it initially from Holloway, her love interest.

If you look at the right side of the gif you can barely see that it has the space jockey entangled too, so it's hostile towards just about every character.

My info comes from a preview screening impression a couple weeks ago.

END KINDA MAJOR SPOILERS

Sleepy

OMG.
Vickers uses the flamethrower on her own crew!

DOMG.
The suit is alive!!; or, it's not really a suit at all!

Three weeks...:(

KINDA MAJOR SPOILERS

It's a a tentacle rape monster.

No, I'm not joking. There is a tentacle rape monster in Prometheus.

Once again. I AM NOT JOKING. Shaw, the main character, gets it out of her body with a C section and it grows into that thing. She gets it initially from Holloway, her love interest.

If you look at the right side of the gif you can barely see that it has the space jockey entangled too, so it's hostile towards just about every character.

My info comes from a preview screening impression a couple weeks ago.

END KINDA MAJOR SPOILERS

That would match with the monster is every woman's worst nightmare

Another spoilery pic guys. This one I believe was tweeted from a Spanish screening of the film.

SPOILER PIC

First thought is
BANE?!

Second thought is
looks like they've awakened an engineer from his slumber?

zeioIIDX

That would match with the monster is every woman's worst nightmare

I kinda figured that quote about the monster being every woman's worst nightmare would be more along the lines of mother's giving life to something dreadful...I guess a monster really lol. Not even that, women have stillborn children and miscarriage and that sort of thing too. Then there's just the idea of being a woman and having something inside of you growing that isn't even human (o_0)

I despise post-converted 3D. But Avatar (despite it being shite) and Hugo looked great in 3D so I assume this will too.

I saw the trailer in IMAX 3D before The Avengers and it was amazing! It really had an immersive quality and did not feel superfluous at all. It felt right, which is an achievement since I usually detest 3D.

Solo

Why are you dummies trying to spoil this for yourselves? It took 33 years for Scott to do another Alien movie. He doesn't have another 33 years left to make another. Enjoy it untainted.

Replicant

Saw the GIF. I really need to get off the internet or something. It's kind of impossible to avoid spoilers at this stage. It doesn't help that whoever cut the trailers keep inserting spoilers.

Saw the GIF. I really need to get off the internet or something. It's kind of impossible to avoid spoilers at this stage. It doesn't help that whoever cut the trailers keep inserting spoilers.

Where'd you see it?

I remember people posting it in the last thread, fucking asstards.

Why are you dummies trying to spoil this for yourselves? It took 33 years for Scott to do another Alien movie. He doesn't have another 33 years left to make another. Enjoy it untainted.

You're right. I'm gonna stop trying to spoil the movie for myself now. It's so close. Although most of the stuff posted so far isn't that spoilery. I'd say the gif is the worst of it and even that begs more questions than it answers.

JohnB

I do think, having seeing spoiler clips from the film, we're being mislead by the title.

Yup, no doubt there's (a mostly) tenuous connection to the Prometheus myth, but I'm thinking the title refers to a book by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, "The Modern Prometheus"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom