• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROMETHEUS Full Theatrical Trailer (2:32) + International UK trailer (2:47)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimothy

2 weeks for the best part of the world.

Two weeks for us.

ebMZH.gif

ryanflipoff.gif

Jonm1010

Banned
Ugh, only an Aliens fan would think this is a good idea, Schwarzenegger in an Alien film? Thats AvP levels of stupid, and Cameron goes in to compare AvP with "Frankenstein meets Werewolf", lol, he was going to do the same thing.

I'm not an aliens nerd by any stretch but my faith in Cameron and Scott is much greater than whoever the fuck made AvP.

Even if the Cameron production would have been mediocre that STILL would have been better from all avenues then the crap the fox made instead: box office potential, critical acclaim, respectability for the franchise going forward. It was an idiotic move on their part all around.

mantidor

I'm not an aliens nerd by any stretch but my faith in Cameron and Scott is much greater than whoever the fuck made AvP.

Even if the Cameron production would have been mediocre that STILL would have been better from all avenues then the crap the fox made instead: box office potential, critical acclaim, respectability for the franchise going forward. It was an idiotic move on their part all around.

Ok I'm being a bit rough on Aliens and Cameron, I agree, at the very least it would have the possibility of being a good film, as opposed to the crap we got with AvP, But I still think Schwarzenegger in an Alien film is a pretty stupid idea. Hes a terrible actor and the only reason to put him on board is to pander to fanboys.

Jonm1010

Banned
Ok I'm being a bit rough on Aliens and Cameron, I agree, at the very least it would have the possibility of being a good film, as opposed to the crap we got with AvP, But I still think Schwarzenegger in an Alien film is a pretty stupid idea. Hes a terrible actor and the only reason to put him on board is to pander to fanboys.

I guess it would depend on how they used him....i admit reading it at first I was like oh that'd be cool, but then I began to wonder how the execution of that would actually work without the film being commando with aliens.

Simo

The more spoiler filled TV spots are now creeping up on the air. Just saw a new one that was on Adult Swim and Comedy Central that shows more of the "creature" and an encounter with
Shaw and the Engineer? Scene went by fast but the tentacle creature looked to have both the Engineer and Shaw.

Timbuktu

Still want Cameron and Scott to swap franchises again, Cameron for the Prometheus/Blade Runner sequel, Ridley for the Avatar one. If only that could happen.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The more spoiler filled TV spots are now creeping up on the air. Just saw a new one that was on Adult Swim and Comedy Central that shows more of the "creature" and an encounter with
Shaw and the Engineer? Scene went by fast but the tentacle creature looked to have both the Engineer and Shaw.

MAJOR SPOILERS

The space jockey obviously gets impregnated at some point in the film. Drafts of the script and that one viewer impression from last week suggest that the tentacle creature rapes multiple crew members and impregnates them. It's possible it does the space jockey as well.

Overall, I'm expecting Species levels of erotica with this film. Just more tasteful (and more gross)

MAJOR SPOILERS

GhaleonEB

Apparantly Fox marketing decided not enough people realized Prometheus rams the alien ship in the film, having put it in nearly every damn trailer and ad already. Better put that critical plot point on the poster! Just in case anyone missed it.

Well, seems like they only show it in 3D where I live. I will have to wait for a non-3D release or the Blu-ray. :(

The last 3d release I saw was Captain America and I could barely make out huge portions of the film because it was so dark. Prometheus will be just a black screen.

I need a Prometheus avatar. What do you guys have? Anything involving a certain something exploding? Or something that causes an explosion... in my pants?

Yeah. That's right. The Noomi and Charlize avatars are hot. And Fassbender ain't helping cool the flames.

Well, seems like they only show it in 3D where I live. I will have to wait for a non-3D release or the Blu-ray. :(

The last 3d release I saw was Captain America and I could barely make out huge portions of the film because it was so dark. Prometheus will be just a black screen.
See it in 3D, the way it's meant to be seen.

Capt. America is a shitty post-conversion, Prometheus is all native 3D by one of cinemas greatest directors.

Midas

See it in 3D, the way it's meant to be seen.

Capt. America is a shitty post-conversion, Prometheus is all native 3D by one of cinemas greatest directors.

No thanks. A friend of mine can't even see the 3D. It's just a blurry mess for him, like if you watch a 3D film without the glasses.

Gosh, the score by Streitenfeld is absolutely incredible, I kept thinking "meh" at first, but it totally grew on me, there's a great recurring theme, that starts with Going in, tons of great tracks in there, very dark, creepy.

SteveWD40

I call "never would have happened" on the Cameron / Scott Alien 5, they would have had lots of meetings, never nailed the script, it would have rotted in pre-production for years then they would have got bored and done other things, happens all the time.

Oh and Alien and it's poster are far less iconic when you put on the original name: Star Beast.

:D

You may want to have a talk with Mr.Sam since he already put a dib on the OT:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653

Hmm. I like Mr. Sam, so this is unfortunate. I planned and made the OT a good while ago and have only just now been linked to this thread I've never seen before in my life. That is because I've never entered the community forums before, let alone the gaming community forum.

Frankly, I think that is some real stupid shit. I don't plan on 'dibsing' future OT's either. They should happen how they always have. Within a week of release/first reviews to whoever managed to put the effort it all together at the right time. Not to whoever posted in some random gaming community thread that just came out of nowhere.

But I will pm Sam nonetheless, because he's a cool cat.

For those who were interested, the Alien Vault arrived today. I haven't had a huge look at it due to revision I'm doing but, from a quick flick through it is a really awesome book.

It is nice quality and comes in a kind of sturdy box that the book slides out of. The book itself is full of concept art and accompanying descriptions as well as pull out inserts such as a schematic diagram of the Nostromo and theatrical posters.

It goes in depth into ideas that were cut from the movie, such as the idea of having a pyramid underneath the derelict with concept art. Some of the images are good indicators of things we will see in Prometheus when it is in cinemas.

Im glad I bought it, and it has made me want to buy the Prometheus book as well win it is released.

where is it confirmed the movie will be shown exclusively in 3d?

All theatre listings? 3D only (at least where I live) in the 4 different cinemas local, and 6 within the region. I'm not paying £30 to go see a movie.

Why? It's the best way to see it.

That's opinion, so will not argue it. However, my opinion is that 3D is just a very gimmicky concept at the moment based on all the other 3D movies that have been released. It shouldn't be forced onto people, certainly not with a major release such as this. Its horribly overpriced too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom